Psychology

The psychology of a deaf entity

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Conflict On April 22, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Jul 04, 2016 @ 21:40:17
Let's suppose someone conducted a freak experiment and created a soldier, or, in the case of Clive Barker's dark and twisted imagination, a member of a relgious order that is devoted to flesh crafting and the application of suffering like the Cenobites, who has no ears, in other words, deaf.

He would rely entirely on visual, touch and taste, but what would he be like? How would he behave, when walking normally or when fighting? How would he react to others and how would they deal with him in combat? I would like to explore this idea for my new novel. Please give me some input.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Jul 04, 2016 @ 22:44:15
@Conflict Said

Let's suppose someone conducted a freak experiment and created a soldier, or, in the case of Clive Barker's dark and twisted imagination, a member of a relgious order that is devoted to flesh crafting and the application of suffering like the Cenobites, who has no ears, in other words, deaf.

He would rely entirely on visual, touch and taste, but what would he be like? How would he behave, when walking normally or when fighting? How would he react to others and how would they deal with him in combat? I would like to explore this idea for my new novel. Please give me some input.

they depend visual, touch, taste. they can't heard anything, sound is their vulnerability.

they can run by a car or a bus. they can shot any far distance without notice where it come from expect the direction, it come from.

are their senses sharper, where a six sense could be handle, especially one of your five senses are gone.

what I read wilk. about these guys and one woman , are these butchers describe by the information, I read.

I don't prefer read or see these movies or read this books. they sound not nothing that would interest me.

I could see the appear that cenobites, that some ways, they are perfect army. if you think without sound there is no distance for them.

no scream from their victims, I hate when I heard screaming from my victims. ( twilite, online , personal life! )

in battlefield, or in case, there is no sound, and focus more on what they are doing.

really, don't understand what the op is getting at with this thread. cenobites doesn't seem much of army of butchers, who can't hear that attacking a small town.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Jul 04, 2016 @ 23:29:50
Huh?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#4New Post! Jul 05, 2016 @ 03:08:57
@Conflict Said

Let's suppose someone conducted a freak experiment and created a soldier, or, in the case of Clive Barker's dark and twisted imagination, a member of a religious order that is devoted to flesh crafting and the application of suffering like the Cenobites, who has no ears, in other words, deaf.

Deaf (and not distracted by sounds) but very sensitive to vibrations.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#5New Post! Jul 05, 2016 @ 03:34:57
@Erimitus Said

Deaf (and not distracted by sounds) but very sensitive to vibrations.

Drag 'em to any rock concert or late-night rave and they'll just curl up in the fetal position and slowly die.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Jul 05, 2016 @ 03:52:48
I never really thought by vibration.

with these creatures, you could ( probably a one shot deal, depend these creature's adaptable. if the creatures were " the bogs " for example. the weapon, you use once. because the bog's defense is quick to adapt at the first shot, you take. ) force the creatures in a circle, and bring trucks in with huge speakers on them.

you battle plan is turn on the speakers full blast with hard rock. that should cripple the creatures enough for them to fall on their knees with their hands over their ears.

launching concussion grenades at them. that throw in front of them for vibration. some bazooka shells at their feet or at them. you want be confuse and off balance.

your truck or you walking toward them, and toss a lot of molotov cocktails.

nothing of things , work , don't call the ghostbusters for help.
Conflict On April 22, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#7New Post! Jul 05, 2016 @ 20:36:32
@twilitezone911 Said

I never really thought by vibration.

with these creatures, you could ( probably a one shot deal, depend these creature's adaptable. if the creatures were " the bogs " for example. the weapon, you use once. because the bog's defense is quick to adapt at the first shot, you take. ) force the creatures in a circle, and bring trucks in with huge speakers on them.

you battle plan is turn on the speakers full blast with hard rock. that should cripple the creatures enough for them to fall on their knees with their hands over their ears.

launching concussion grenades at them. that throw in front of them for vibration. some bazooka shells at their feet or at them. you want be confuse and off balance.

your truck or you walking toward them, and toss a lot of molotov cocktails.

nothing of things , work , don't call the ghostbusters for help.

Very useful feedback. Thanks. I gave the cenobites as an example, but there are many other possible sources, from Nazi experimentation and outright cruelty in war. I just picked a source I knew well.

I would imagine a deaf creature would be lethal at a distance, having to rely on his smell and sight more than one with ears. In a frontline of sight, he'd probably pick up more scents from father away and notice small movements that someone with hearing could miss, i.e., leaves russling in a particular way or something someone leaves int their wake, e.g., a piece of fabric.

Now, what I would like to know next is how would such a being behave? What would his body language be like and how would he look at the environment. A deaf species would have their own psychology, as blind ones do.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Jul 05, 2016 @ 21:20:13
@Conflict Said

Very useful feedback. Thanks. I gave the cenobites as an example, but there are many other possible sources, from Nazi experimentation and outright cruelty in war. I just picked a source I knew well.

I would imagine a deaf creature would be lethal at a distance, having to rely on his smell and sight more than one with ears. In a frontline of sight, he'd probably pick up more scents from father away and notice small movements that someone with hearing could miss, i.e., leaves russling in a particular way or something someone leaves int their wake, e.g., a piece of fabric.

Now, what I would like to know next is how would such a being behave? What would his body language be like and how would he look at the environment. A deaf species would have their own psychology, as blind ones do.

if they were two separate beings in one group, than one alien that is deaf and blind.

it would more sense, work they worked as a team. sound like shoot or kill themselves, before they encounter anyone.

if they are blind and deaf, how they can see body language from anybody, even themselves.

the aliens had posses strong six sense, or spider-man's spider senses or daredevil's hyper-senses to pull over what you are suggesting.

the bogs are the best killing machines, you have. even, a bog is blind and deaf, the bog's collective thought process could protective as one.

these bogs would have a better force field around them. without sound and sight with technology, they would be stronger. they depend more technology than senses.

the bogs takes away their victims's humanity from them. so all machines. no need to understand body languages with each other to communicate with each others.

another being, that on stargate sg 1 ( I can't remember name of the creature. ) it would work better than bog.

it is like Arnold the terminator, but the android can phase in and out of sight. it has a cloack device building his suit, so he is invisible to someone's sight.

his vulnerable is he has phase in to take a shot.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#9New Post! Jul 05, 2016 @ 21:51:53
@Conflict Said

> He would rely entirely on visual, touch and taste, but what would he be like?

Maybe you should ask a deaf person about their life.

> How would he behave, when walking normally or when fighting?

He wouldn't last long, so his behavior wouldn't matter. It would be easy to sneak up on him and kill him from behind.

> How would he react to others and how would they deal with him in combat?

He would react by falling and dying as he is shot from behind...never actually knowing what happened...dead before he could even register surprise.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 01:37:09
@chaski Said

> He would rely entirely on visual, touch and taste, but what would he be like?

Maybe you should ask a deaf person about their life.

> How would he behave, when walking normally or when fighting?

He wouldn't last long, so his behavior wouldn't matter. It would be easy to sneak up on him and kill him from behind.

> How would he react to others and how would they deal with him in combat?

He would react by falling and dying as he is shot from behind...never actually knowing what happened...dead before he could even register surprise.

Agree! So you must be skilled at creating a new race if you expect them to survive. If you found ears and hearing a risk that had to be eliminated, what would you replace it with? How has nature replaced other senses?

Increased electromagnetic sense? ("eyes" for a different wavelength)
Or as mentioned above - increased sense for vibrations?
?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 01:39:35
@mrmhead Said

If you found ears and hearing a risk that had to be eliminated, what would you replace it with?

Bat People....wait...they need hearing...

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 01:48:13
@chaski Said

Bat People....wait...they need hearing...

it would interesting if bat people were deaf, the height senses will be more sonar.

bat people wouldn't need to have sight to flight, they learn figure out use their sonar to see.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 01:52:31
I never that thought of this until now, the cenobites if they are deaf and blind from birth.

what are they attacking sighted and hearing people, if is not going to chance anything for cenobites?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 02:03:24
@Conflict Said

Are cenobites deaf?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Jul 06, 2016 @ 02:11:23
@mrmhead Said

Are cenobites deaf?

like the Cenobites, who has no ears, in other words, deaf.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs