Philosophy

The private life and the personalization of life

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Conflict On March 25, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Nov 05, 2017 @ 13:49:27
I understand the desire not to talk about private life. It is a right that everyone has and is perfectly respectable. There are things that I will not talk about because of personal reasons, because of shame or because I want to protect my dignity, my interests, my family, or because I believe they are sensitive or confidential matters, etc.

However, there is another way of life that can be abused - the personalization of life. There are many ways in which a person can formulate their own personal life in very subjective ways and the consequences can be severe. How is it done? Please, follow the following steps...

1) Think that your beliefs are the most important.

2) Do what you want according to a particular ideology. Our parents did it to conceive the children because of the philosophy of procreating - the life we ​​know exists because of the decision to take action to put it in motion.

3) Decide who is a friend and who is an enemy according to personal preferences. No one has the right to interfere with you or compromise your values.

4) Deal with problems as you wish - the law was built by men from ignorance. The agents of the law were unable to speak and walk like all of us - therefore, the human being must decide what he must do by his own will, or nothing can be done.

All that, members of this forum, are the most vital notions of life. Those who do not follow them do not understand what life means.

And I hope I have commented on them with the utmost sarcasm. They bother me. I would never feel safe with people who adopt these virtues because I would have to be what they want me to be.

I would like to ask a question: Why are there such people?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! Nov 05, 2017 @ 18:52:10
ON the personalization of life

Private life vs. public life

C: Think that your beliefs are the most important.

E: Beliefs and personal reality is pretty much the same thing.

E: I agree that beliefs are essential aspect in the formulation one’s personal reality (personal life)

E: there are my beliefs

E: there are the beliefs of the society that I live in (my environment)

E: Of course the society I live in (i.e., my environment) probably had a major influence on my belief system.

E: my reality is an interpretation of my environment that my mind has created based on perception (both sensory and a priori)..

E: My understanding of the beliefs of others is no more than an interpretation of their public display.

E: There are the private beliefs of others that I am not privy to.

E: There are the public belief of others that are an interpretation that may or may not be correct.

E: Hence, I pretty do not have any idea what others believe.

E: I act, others respond. I adapt my actions to the responses I get.

E: as usual I have wandered off topic. Drat!

#1 Beliefs are essential aspect in the formulation one’s personal reality (i.e., personal life)

Is that correct?

#3New Post! Nov 05, 2017 @ 19:01:07
@Conflict Said

I understand the desire not to talk about private life. It is a right that everyone has and is perfectly respectable. There are things that I will not talk about because of personal reasons, because of shame or because I want to protect my dignity, my interests, my family, or because I believe they are sensitive or confidential matters, etc.

However, there is another way of life that can be abused - the personalization of life. There are many ways in which a person can formulate their own personal life in very subjective ways and the consequences can be severe. How is it done? Please, follow the following steps...

1) Think that your beliefs are the most important.

2) Do what you want according to a particular ideology. Our parents did it to conceive the children because of the philosophy of procreating - the life we ​​know exists because of the decision to take action to put it in motion.

3) Decide who is a friend and who is an enemy according to personal preferences. No one has the right to interfere with you or compromise your values.

4) Deal with problems as you wish - the law was built by men from ignorance. The agents of the law were unable to speak and walk like all of us - therefore, the human being must decide what he must do by his own will, or nothing can be done.

All that, members of this forum, are the most vital notions of life. Those who do not follow them do not understand what life means.

And I hope I have commented on them with the utmost sarcasm. They bother me. I would never feel safe with people who adopt these virtues because I would have to be what they want me to be.

I would like to ask a question: Why are there such people?

C: Do what you want according to a particular ideology.

E: Dangerous to try to be a leader

E: Dangerous to be a follower (Sheep)

E: May be less dangerous to be neither a follower nor a leader

E: what do you think?

#4New Post! Nov 05, 2017 @ 19:14:06

C: Our parents did it to conceive the children because of the philosophy of procreating - the life we know exists because of the decision to take action to put it in motion.

E: the reality that I experience exists because of the decision to put it in motion.

E: I decide on what my reality is.

E: To decide requires a decider.

E: When what I believe and what I experience are inconsistent an unpleasant cognitive dissonance occurs and I attempt to resolve the discrepancy with rationalization.. (We see what we expect to see and disregard the rest) I am not sure that it is conscious decision but I believe I understand what you mean.

#5New Post! Nov 05, 2017 @ 19:28:35
C: Decide who is a friend and who is an enemy according to personal preferences.

E: Yes. We (or at least I) choose friends based on mutual interest. When we meet a new person it is like an interview. We view them they view us. If it seems like the other person wants to play the same social game we do we try them out as a friend.

E: Sometimes (of course) there are people who are only pretending to want to play and they really only want to sell you something or steal from you. I do not like people who do that. I do not like them at all.

#6New Post! Nov 05, 2017 @ 19:31:16
C: No one has the right to interfere with you or compromise your values.

E: They may not have a right to but they may have the power to impose their beliefs.

#7New Post! Nov 05, 2017 @ 19:33:43
C: Deal with problems as you wish - the law was built by men from ignorance. The agents of the law were unable to speak and walk like all of us - therefore, the human being must decide what he must do by his own will, or nothing can be done.

E: Übermensch

#8New Post! Nov 05, 2017 @ 19:43:38
C: …members of this forum, are the most vital notions of life.

C: Those who do not follow them do not understand what life means.

E: Call me a nihilist if you like; I see life as meaningless

ECC 1:1

C: And I hope I have commented on them with the utmost sarcasm.

E: WHAT?!

C: They bother me.

E: I suspect that you bother them too.

C: I would never feel safe with people who adopt these virtues because I would have to be what they want me to be.

E: It may be best to not feel safe. If you do not what to be one of the sheep you will be relegated to the edge of the herd to be fed on by predators and that is not safe either. Keep your personal beliefs to yourself and pretend to go along just like everyone else.

C: I would like to ask a question: Why are there such people?

E: the will to power.
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#9New Post! Nov 06, 2017 @ 00:28:28
@Conflict Said

....... Why are there such people?

law is designed to give order... to maintain peace within a community... to ensure (to some degree) that everybody can feel safe and protected.

We may not agree with some laws but we should try to understand why it exists... and know that laws are not set in concrete, they can be changed.

Deal with problems as you wish, provided the method to the solution is within the law.

Unfortunately, there are those in some places that create laws to suit their own greed, ego, or whatever other ulterior motive.

Why are there such people? Simple, they are selfish bastards.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Nov 06, 2017 @ 02:31:27
in September, we had in city of st. louis, we had some violence from protestation , their civil rights. over a white cop killing a black man. anyway, about first week, they had some national attention. that's it for their 15 minutes frame. they goes off and on conducting peace protestation.

on Tuesday, the city will have an election to raise taxes and employ additional police officers and body cameras for them to wear.

interesting, normally, this bill would pass, because city of st. louis just had over this year, 170 homicides. this bill make senses in general. not other bills that passed in the city that alter people in the city of st. louis to abuse them for one reason for another.

interesting part, that these protesters that accusing the st. louis city police beside murder. they want the police to stopping kill blacks. blacks are highest single group of people this year, are killing each others to make up the 170 homicides in st. louis.

irony, I think, is the protesters are trying to encourage people not to vote for the bill. the bill would probably pass, just because the same group of people doesn't want to the bill pass. either scare or encourage the people of the city to get the bill pass.
Sweet_Merry On October 01, 2023
One day. . . I will

Building my Castles in the Sky
#11New Post! Nov 06, 2017 @ 15:00:51
I don't understand your question.

You don't feel safe in society?
Conflict On March 25, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#12New Post! Nov 12, 2017 @ 12:42:46
Let me offer you one example. Brock Lesnar is a very private person, yet, he appears and wrestles in a very public setting, using the moniker of the beast incarnate. He wants to be left alone and enjoy his free time with he has with his family and on spend time on his farm, but if he personalized his life, there are a number of very ominous things he could run, like...

1) A gun running operation out of his farm for a grand land owner.

2) An extortion racket, converting his gym into an MMA training facility, whose fighters would go round collecting protection money in between fights, while doing it himself when time allowed.

3) Sell the meat from his hunts at high prices to the filthy rich.

From what I've learned, (and reasoned), Brock Lesnar does none of these things. He may keep to himself, but he doesn't personally take charge of his life to the point where he uses force or intimidation to get what he wants.

A person who personalizes their lives wouldn't hesitate to strong arm people or get involved in the illegal activities that I've suggested.
Justpassing On February 03, 2021

Avoca Vic Australia, Australia
#13New Post! Nov 13, 2017 @ 22:07:38
@Conflict Said

Let me offer you one example. Brock Lesnar is a very private person, yet, he appears and wrestles in a very public setting, using the moniker of the beast incarnate. He wants to be left alone and enjoy his free time with he has with his family and on spend time on his farm, but if he personalized his life, there are a number of very ominous things he could run, like...

1) A gun running operation out of his farm for a grand land owner.

2) An extortion racket, converting his gym into an MMA training facility, whose fighters would go round collecting protection money in between fights, while doing it himself when time allowed.

3) Sell the meat from his hunts at high prices to the filthy rich.

From what I've learned, (and reasoned), Brock Lesnar does none of these things. He may keep to himself, but he doesn't personally take charge of his life to the point where he uses force or intimidation to get what he wants.

A person who personalizes their lives wouldn't hesitate to strong arm people or get involved in the illegal activities that I've suggested.

When a person's desired lifestyle is threatened there are two things that can happen... fight or flee

Fight is not to accept it... and do something about it
Flee is to accept it.... do nothing about it.

And I assure you, I wouldn't want to do anything to rock Brock Lesnar's desire to live the quiet (personal) life.

For instance, I don't think he'd appreciate me moving in next door with half a dozen go-karts, a water tanker full of Bundy rum, and 50 alcoholic mates.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take him long to come visit flexing a muscle or two.
chaski On about 9 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#14New Post! Nov 14, 2017 @ 16:16:01
@Justpassing Said

When a person's desired lifestyle is threatened there are two things that can happen... fight or flee

My cat caught a gopher the other day. He didn't kill the gopher right away as he wanted to play with it. At one point my cat dropped the gopher, which initially stood on its hind legs as if it was going to fight for its life....

....then the gopher noticed all of the acorns lying about (we have a lot of oak trees and a profusion of acorns this year...a bumper crop one might say)....

...upon seeing all of the acorns, the gopher lost interest in my cat and the fight and began eating acorns....

...my cat was a bit confused by this behavior (no flight/no flight) and sat down to watch the gopher, lost interest and walked away...

Moral of the story: Eating is (apparently) an option.

#15New Post! Nov 14, 2017 @ 16:57:28
To Fight is to [NOT to accept that which is the case] and do something about it

To Flee is to [NOT accept that which is the case] and to accept that nothing can be done about it.

Fight may be defensive or offensive and of course there is always surrender.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs