US Elections

The presidential debates

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#1New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 17:24:49
Looks like this year the presidential debates are going to shake it up a little. McCain and Obama have agreed to a format that allows for more sparring between the two. The McCain campaign, however, fought hard for a much more structured format for the VP debates.

Sounds to me like they are scared to let their girl debate. So what do you guys think about this?

Link [MSNBC.com]
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#2New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 17:27:13
Link doesn't work

But I would like to see that, would really show whether each party knows what they are talking about or not!
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 17:31:28
Link works for me.

It doesn't surprise me that the McCain camp would want a more structured debate for the VP debates. Palin would get reamed by Biden in an open format where she had to come up with things herself instead of relying on essentially memorized statements given to her by McCain.

There's a reason she's not out there campaigning on her own. She has an absolute newbie-never-done-this-before at this stuff. Her only hope in an open debate with Biden would be to let Biden talk until he says something stupid.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#4New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 17:32:09
@boobagins Said
Link doesn't work

But I would like to see that, would really show whether each party knows what they are talking about or not!

I just tried it worked for me just go to msnbc.com it is one of the headline stories.
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#5New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 17:35:10
@jonnythan Said
Link works for me.

It doesn't surprise me that the McCain camp would want a more structured debate for the VP debates. Palin would get reamed by Biden in an open format where she had to come up with things herself instead of relying on essentially memorized statements given to her by McCain.

There's a reason she's not out there campaigning on her own. She has an absolute newbie-never-done-this-before at this stuff. Her only hope in an open debate with Biden would be to let Biden talk until he says something stupid.

Like if palin didn't talk at all. Cause judging from her interview with gibson I think she will say a few stupids things herself. Oh by the way I saw some clips of her second interview, which I wouldn't even consider that an interview, he practically spoon fed her the questions.
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#6New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 17:54:48
I don't know what the Republican party was thinking in electing Palin as McCain's running mate. The strongest argument they had against Obama was his lack of experience, and that's irrelevant now because of her... I honestly hope that McCain doesn't win, just because of the fact that if his cancer were to render him incapable of carrying out his duties as commander in cheif, we would have to place the country in the very incapable, very inexperienced, and slightly stupid hands of sarah palin. (just an opinion)
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#7New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 18:01:56
he was desperate when he picked her.
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#8New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 18:13:55
@cGobla Said
he was desperate when he picked her.

that angers me more than a little. the chances that McCain will survive his first term are questionable and he must know it. i don't want to have president palin leading our country in one of its most unstable times in recent history, just because she's a good person and a single mother of five. i don't mean to sound insensitive, but her qualifications are so minimal that i don't even know how they decided that she should be the one to lead behind mccain. its completely absurd and definitely frightening that a woman who has less than two years experience in governing one of the least populous states in America should somehow be qualified to lead the country, if mccain should succumb to cancer or old age during his presidency, which is a very real possibility. desperation should not be the reason to pick such a person to the second-highest political position in the country. and she obviously doesn't care much for the country if she accepted such a position knowing, as she does, that she can't carry out the duties....
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#9New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 19:27:22
Well in some cases I believe Palin can talk...despite what McCain says. Palin has worked quite a bit with small special interest groups...so when it comes to issues like that Palin may be able to put out a decent debate. But in regards to National Security, Offshore drilling, natural fuels, the economy...she has nothing and I think it will show. McCain, i don't think will be able to argue much either...he may know a little bit more about National security but I don't think he is strong as to making ties, negotiations etc with other countries.

Obama and Biden, I think we can all agree that they have a way with words. Even if Obama may not know what he is talking about on SOME issues...he can still pull of a decent debate. He may not know, but he does do his research before hand, better than Palin and McCain so far.

I think this will be interesting.
Scoobiedoolala On October 30, 2008

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#10New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 19:51:34
@cGobla Said
Looks like this year the presidential debates are going to shake it up a little. McCain and Obama have agreed to a format that allows for more sparring between the two. The McCain campaign, however, fought hard for a much more structured format for the VP debates.

Sounds to me like they are scared to let their girl debate. So what do you guys think about this?

Link [MSNBC.com]

scared of what? biden needs anger management and suffer foot in mouth, she will wipe the floor with him.

@jonnythan Said
Link works for me.

like obama has? is he so experienced? puh-leeeeeeeez. and biden has already said stupid things. he will sya more stupid things.

@cGobla Said
Like if palin didn't talk at all. Cause judging from her interview with gibson I think she will say a few stupids things herself. Oh by the way I saw some clips of her second interview, which I wouldn't even consider that an interview, he practically spoon fed her the questions.

uh, dont and havent they all? are the obamaites so frazzled they cant see they all do it? and spoon fed? you mean like obamas slip of 'my muslim faith' 'you mean christain faith'? next please.

@boobagins Said
Well in some cases I believe Palin can talk...despite what McCain says. Palin has worked quite a bit with small special interest groups...so when it comes to issues like that Palin may be able to put out a decent debate. But in regards to National Security, Offshore drilling, natural fuels, the economy...she has nothing and I think it will show. McCain, i don't think will be able to argue much either...he may know a little bit more about National security but I don't think he is strong as to making ties, negotiations etc with other countries.

Obama and Biden, I think we can all agree that they have a way with words. Even if Obama may not know what he is talking about on SOME issues...he can still pull of a decent debate. He may not know, but he does do his research before hand, better than Palin and McCain so far.

I think this will be interesting.

palin knows more about these things than they obama cramming hours in thinkng he knows it before a test! again, a pile of s*** still smells like a pile of s*** even if you sprinkle baby powder on it.
yeah, let the boy stuuuuuu uuuu uuut ter. he is doing alot of catching up so he appears to know wtf he is talking about. sad watching him. sad.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#11New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 19:53:43
You really think Obama can't handle himself in a debate?

And you really think Palin knows more about national politics issues than Obama?

There aren't even any words in the English language that can describe how incredibly flabbergasted I am that anyone can be so incredibly blind and ignorant.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#12New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 19:58:15
he has no record of achievement to debate about, set aside the community organizer. we aint talking community, we are talking the entire us population.
she aint running for prez all she would ahve to do was mention all his bedfellows.
why would you say she doesnt? explain it. i bet me hub has mor epolicy knowledge than obama.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#13New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 20:01:45
and, alas, i am completely flabbergasted by the ignorance and lack of intelligence when it comes to obama.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#14New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 20:03:47
No, of course Palin wouldn't debate Obama. I don't think anyone implied that he would or should.

And she doesn't have a clue about national politics or national issues because she has been involved in national politics for a total of three weeks. Prior to this, she has less than two years of experience in a remote state that is the 4th least populous state in the nation.

Deleted
Banned

paducah, Kentucky
#15New Post! Sep 21, 2008 @ 20:28:47
and obama knows less than palin. i tire of this neverending rhetoric.

and how long has OBAMA BEEN INVOLVED IN NATIONAL POLITICS? oops. is he suddenly more qualified at national politics than mccain? make sense.
and his communtity organizer has more credentials than all others on the ticket? not even close.
want to compare popualtion and whats been done when they were in office as govenors? biden was only 1 of 2 senators representing delaware in a legislative compacity. obama was also 1 of 2 senators. so cut the population in half. and take into effect she was govenor, neither biden nor obama was. so, who had more power vs population? palin. who did wonders, and had 80% popularity ratings. who won that contest?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs