Software

The one thing that i do not like about Firefox

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Nov 27, 2013 @ 09:55:49
For some odd reason it's spell-checker has a half-life before it switches itself off...and sometimes even dies permanently until a completely fresh reinstall of the software.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#2New Post! Nov 27, 2013 @ 23:16:48
@Electric_Banana Said

For some odd reason it's spell-checker has a half-life before it switches itself off...and sometimes even dies permanently until a completely fresh reinstall of the software.

Werks fine for me. The first word of this reply is underlined with a red squiggly line. When I right click it I get "Weeks, Perks, Berks, and Works" as suggested replacements. In Firefox, Click on Help > About Firefox and make sure your version is 25.0.1. If not, click on "Check for updates"

J.R.

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Nov 28, 2013 @ 07:03:16
@JR_Sanford Said

Werks fine for me. The first word of this reply is underlined with a red squiggly line. When I right click it I get "Weeks, Perks, Berks, and Works" as suggested replacements. In Firefox, Click on Help > About Firefox and make sure your version is 25.0.1. If not, click on "Check for updates"

J.R.

I suspect it malware - Spell checker off helps to unmask those in forums hiding under other guises.

Also helps to make know-it-alls feel silly.

Also gives more opportunity to those who know no other snakey tactics other the ways of teh Gwammuh Nawzi.
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#4New Post! Nov 28, 2013 @ 08:34:53
@Electric_Banana Said

I suspect it malware - Spell checker off helps to unmask those in forums hiding under other guises.

Also helps to make know-it-alls feel silly.

Also gives more opportunity to those who know no other snakey tactics other the ways of teh Gwammuh Nawzi.

Go here to download Malwarebytes "free version" to check for malware.

J.R.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#5New Post! Nov 28, 2013 @ 10:42:39
@Electric_Banana Said

For what it's worth EB,I just recently dumped Firefox.
It would freeze up and take forever to do anything and show double pages ,It got the flick and I'm now using Google Chrome.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#6New Post! Nov 28, 2013 @ 13:38:37
I moved from Firefox to Chrome. Chrome just seems the way forward.

, New Zealand
#7New Post! Nov 28, 2013 @ 21:56:29
@JR_Sanford Said

Go here to download Malwarebytes "free version" to check for malware.

J.R.

I've fixed it everytime it happens - I have much more thorough virus cleaning process than professional virus software does.

I'm just not exactly which file getting dumped in the bath water is the culprit for Foxxy's spell checker.

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Nov 28, 2013 @ 21:59:17
@Demented Said

It would freeze up and take forever to do anything and show double pages ,It got the flick and I'm now using Google Chrome.

Yup, that's hi-jacking.

Maybe try a portable but don't install it, just create a desktop shortcut from it's executable.

I believe with portables, if you don't install they will store all cookies, caches and such in the main folder therefore making it easy to just dump the entire main folder when shenanigans begin.

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Nov 28, 2013 @ 22:01:16
@Hypnotica Said

I moved from Firefox to Chrome. Chrome just seems the way forward.

I used Chrome religiously for a couple of years but Google is an advertisers paradise and so therefor Chrome will throw hidden directories all over your hard drive in cooperation with vendors who don't want their Spidey-Tracers easily deleted.
ramjanulhaque On January 16, 2014

Rangpur, Bangladesh
#10New Post! Jan 13, 2014 @ 20:42:08
@Electric_Banana Said

Yup, that's hi-jacking.

Maybe try a portable but don't install it, just create a desktop shortcut from it's executable.

I believe with portables, if you don't install they will store all cookies, caches and such in the main folder therefore making it easy to just dump the entire main folder when shenanigans begin.

Any body here can how open teem viewer soft? please help.
ramjanulhaque On January 16, 2014

Rangpur, Bangladesh
#11New Post! Jan 13, 2014 @ 20:55:55
I like Fierfox browser its so easy add SEO tolls & browsing first sped. its batter than of all browser.

, New Zealand
#12New Post! Jan 14, 2014 @ 02:07:45
@Demented Said

I like the way Chrome works more but when it gums up it's harder to clean because it's installation folders are all over the show.

I keep using fox because it's easy to completely remove when it gets infected.

And easy to maintain when it's only clogged.

I try to never use IE in fear of infection - it's too intertwined with the rest of Windows OS.

EDIT: Sorry for the redundancy - Didn't realize that I had already replied above. xD

, New Zealand
#13New Post! Jan 14, 2014 @ 02:12:49
@ramjanulhaque Said

Any body here can how open teem viewer soft? please help.

Team Viewer? Never used it.

I would suggest using Join Me: https://secure.join.me/

I could be wrong but I believe Join Me requires less software installed on your system so once you're done with desktop sharing it's easier to clean up and switch off Remote Access again.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#14New Post! Jan 14, 2014 @ 02:32:21
@Electric_Banana Said

The logo gets me. It's this weird hybrid half orange dog half feather boa thingie and I'm just not feeling it. I know deep down feelings aren't important but sometimes I'm just, just, just it's like . . . .

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Jan 14, 2014 @ 02:44:58
@GreenAppleKing Said

The logo gets me. It's this weird hybrid half orange dog half feather boa thingie and I'm just not feeling it. I know deep down feelings aren't important but sometimes I'm just, just, just it's like . . . .

What does the fox say?

The fox says "Hissssssss"

Hmm....was looking up in Google Images where I had seen the symbol of a serpent entwining the globe (I suspected COBRA from GI Joe) - Google Images is suggesting 'Satanic Domination' (I kind figured that was already covered by The Eye of Providence.).
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs