Product Reviews

The nook

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Psychedelic_Elephant On February 28, 2012

Bible Belt,
#1New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:25:33
I honestly love the thing. I guess I could write a short simple review on it, but it's double points day.

Not that im stressed to get points, it's kinda cool, and I'd like enough points to upload another photo without deleting one for next Fridays theme.

ANYWAY!

THE NOOK IS PRETTY COOL GUYS! I don't have the original but I don't have the newest.

So I guess you could say I have one of those In between models. It's a lot more convenient than carrying around a s*** ton of books because it holds so many of them.

You can change the text size if you have trouble seeing, that's pretty damn cool. Not to mention, if there's a word you don't understand it had a dictionary look-up feature. So it really is a fantastic reading tool.

They are also much cheaper than the regular book most of time. Some people take advantage of this for school textbooks because those things are HELLA EXPENSIVE!

But as for me personally, I wouldn't get a school book on these things because it's too much of a pain to reference something.

If you need to go back and forth, again and again you would be doing a whole lot of clicking.

Did I also mention that several books are free? Yes, that's right, free. Their mostly the classics, because of expired copyrights, they let you have them for free, you cant beat that!

I suppose you could get a kindle and the same things would apply and you could also have a ton of apps and games. But that's too much of a distraction for me.

I really don't need to play angry birds, if I wanted all those apps I'd get an I-pod touch so I would also have a music player not just a silly tablet.

It's also cheaper than a Kindle fire.

Well, this concludes my nook review. If you like reading and want a cool convenient way to do so and carry around a lot of books I recommend getting one.
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:27:51
so...eh....just out of interest.

what is it ?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:28:54
@Oisin Said

what is it ?

It's something like a kindle..you read books on a screen.

Not something you or I are really interested in.

Bible Belt,
#4New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:30:01
@Oisin Said

what is it ?

GOD I'M AN IDIOT!

It's an e-reader. You can buy books online with it's service and It automatically downloads them via wi-fi.

Sorry about that, first product review.

Bible Belt,
#5New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:30:54
@Eaglebauer Said

That's also true. if your not into reading, it's probably not for you.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#6New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:31:56
My son gave me one for Christmas. Still haven't fully explored it yet but I am currently reading The Steve Jobs bio he downloaded for me.

It's alot easier than holding a book and I like the fact that it has it's own light which is great if you have bad eyes like I do.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:32:10
I don't think you can get games on the Kindle, but then again I'm still trying to work out how to use mine

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:32:42
@Psychedelic_Elephant Said

or, indeed, if you are into reading.

Bible Belt,
#9New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:33:38
@futilevoice Said

My son gave me one for Christmas. Still haven't fully explored it yet but I am currently reading The Steve Jobs bio he downloaded for me.

It's alot easier than holding a book and I like the fact that it has it's own light which is great if you have bad eyes like I do.

That's a crazy coincidence that your reading that book.

It was the first book I read on my nook.

I inherited my nook from my mom because I bought her a kindle fire for Christmas, so she just decided to give it to me.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:34:12
@Eaglebauer Said

i point blank refuse them

might as well change my name to leonard mead tomorrow.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#11New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:34:31
I have one. I really like it. I use my iPad a lot more now, but it is handy. I like that it is lighter weight and easy to travel with. I am sure the Kindle is great too, but I don't regret purchasing the Nook.
I really enjoy the free books they have available too. Some of the books are crap, but I have found some authors that I wouldn't otherwise read if it weren't there.

Bible Belt,
#12New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:35:04
@sister_of_mercy Said

I don't think you can get games on the Kindle, but then again I'm still trying to work out how to use mine

You can on the fire, I played angry birds on it.

I'm not sure about the other versions, I've never used them.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:37:29

I read a book every day or two. I just prefer actual books, like Oisin.

EDIT:

I want to be clear that I'm not dogging you for liking the nook...it's just not my sort of thing...if you like it go for it!

Bible Belt,
#14New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:39:21
@Eaglebauer Said

I read a book every day or two. I just prefer actual books, like Oisin.

Oh, I see. I just assumed incorrectly that when you said it was something you and whoever wouldn't be interested in you meant reading.

Why is it that you prefer the actual book?
CharmmyVee On November 24, 2012

Deleted

Here, way out here, New Mexico
#15New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:39:58

GOD I'M AN IDIOT!

It's an e-reader. You can buy books online with it's service and It automatically downloads them via wi-fi.

Sorry about that, first product review.

I think you did great

I don't have a Nook, I just use e-reader apps on my iPad. I'm mad at Nook though I have the Nook app and it's just been a pain. Doesn't load some of my books properly. I've tried contacting customer service at Barnes & Noble but that's been about as helpful as a hole in the head. so I gave up and now just use the Kindle app, and a couple others. Haven't had any issues with them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs