Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Philosophy

The mind, the body and pizza

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#1New Post! Jun 05, 2011 @ 20:25:07
My desire for a slice of pizza causes me to move my body in way that increases the potential that I will obtain that slice of pizza.

How is it possible for conscious experiences to arise out of a lump of gray matter endowed with nothing but electrochemical properties?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Jun 05, 2011 @ 22:31:10
From my rudimentary and hypothetical understanding:

I kind of view the brain as mostly a wet sponge designed to receive and process invisible current which is the mind or ghost.

Your mind (or ghost) is completely real and non-linear in thought.

The mind, which is the real you, takes control from time to time and programs the brain - like programing a computer in a car that can drive itself.

Desire to eat is a default necessity and there for would be a default program in which the body goes into autopilot to execute.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#3New Post! Jun 06, 2011 @ 03:20:41
@Electric_Banana Said

From my rudimentary and hypothetical understanding:

I kind of view the brain as mostly a wet sponge designed to receive and process invisible current which is the mind or ghost.

Your mind (or ghost) is completely real and non-linear in thought.

The mind, which is the real you, takes control from time to time and programs the brain - like programing a computer in a car that can drive itself.

Desire to eat is a default necessity and there for would be a default program in which the body goes into autopilot to execute.

Response to EB Post #2

E: (I am paraphrasing what you said here to determine if I understand you and not to change your meaning; please do not take offence)

My mind is the real me, (the ‘I’ that is me) and, although my mind is not physical, my mind is real.

My brain, although it is physical and real, is not the real me.

In the context of mind and body; programming refers to the instructions my mind uses to control my brain. There are actual physical neural networks formed in my physical brain by my non-physical mind.

Desire, a default program, causes my brains neurons to fire which causes my muscles to move, and ultimately results in my getting a slice of pizza.

In the car analogy that ‘RedKate’ used in the ‘directions and objects thread’; the car is the body and the mind is the driver.

The programming (instructions) are like these new cars that can park themselves.

--------------

I am not sure what you mean by ‘The mind is non-linear’.

Is the brain is linear?

You say that the brain receives and processes ‘invisible current’.

What is the invisible current? Is it electrical, electrochemical or something else?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Jun 06, 2011 @ 06:23:29
@Erimitus Said

Response to EB Post #2

E: (I am paraphrasing what you said here to determine if I understand you and not to change your meaning; please do not take offence)

My mind is the real me, (the ‘I’ that is me) and, although my mind is not physical, my mind is real.

My brain, although it is physical and real, is not the real me.

In the context of mind and body; programming refers to the instructions my mind uses to control my brain. There are actual physical neural networks formed in my physical brain by my non-physical mind.

Desire, a default program, causes my brains neurons to fire which causes my muscles to move, and ultimately results in my getting a slice of pizza.

In the car analogy that ‘RedKate’ used in the ‘directions and objects thread’; the car is the body and the mind is the driver.

The programming (instructions) are like these new cars that can park themselves.

--------------

I am not sure what you mean by ‘The mind is non-linear’.

Is the brain is linear?

You say that the brain receives and processes ‘invisible current’.

What is the invisible current? Is it electrical, electrochemical or something else?

RedKate pretty much said it best.
But just keep in mind that this isn't anything that's been proven, just what has been suggested for quite some time.

"Non-linear" is more of a terminology used for video games so I probably didn't use the best term.

However

What I meant is the the mind (car's driver) can go anywhere and do anything where as the car the can not go anywhere and do anything.

Even if the car's driver (mind) is driving the driver can not take the car beyond the realm of the car's limitations - such as flying the car from a roof top.

Due to programing that we place in the car, early in life, we can sometimes screw ourselves up to point where the mind has a very difficult time changing the car's program (such as my smoking habit).

And often times you will find car's driver, trapped in cars, doing stupid things that they programmed the car to do a long time ago before they were not experienced enough to program the car a little smarter.

Fisherman Bob mentioned "Priori" knowledge in one thread. He was suggesting that the car comes out of the womb with factory installed programming for simple basic tasks needed for survival - such as the desire to eat.

Like a baby making sucking noises long before it's ever taught that it can breast feed.

Like me making sucking noise sitting next to a cute woman in a bar long before I know I'm getting any.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs