jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:03:17
So what do we think of them now then?
steveuk On May 15, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:05:05

I had an iPhone, when contract expired I chose an Android.
Worst upgrade I've ever done.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#18New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:05:55
@jmo Said

So what do we think of them now then?

A great device. The latest iteration, with gobs of processing power and multitasking, is really very very good.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#19New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:07:11
I've got an iPhone and thus far it's f***ing s***. Battery only lasts about two days and it's really glitchy. Like every now and then for no reason the iPhone will act like I'm touching the screen and start pressing on buttons (e.g. my email, then one of the inboxes, then one of the emals, then the reply button, then random letters) when I'm not even touching the screen.

I think I might take it back but I keep hearing things about how common problems are with the iPhone. I've not had any reception problems but the two problems I have with it are annoying as f***.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#20New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:07:54
*That said, I have and use an Evo, which is IMO a superior piece of hardware. About the same size, but a much larger screen, a surprisingly useful kickstand, a better camera, and a better OS.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#21New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:09:17
@jmo Said

I've got an iPhone and thus far it's f***ing s***. Battery only lasts about two days

For a smartphone, 2 days is a long time. Nightly charging is a fact of life when you're using a device with as much CPU power as a computer only a few years old with a 3+ inch screen.

@jmo Said
and it's really glitchy. Like every now and then for no reason the iPhone will act like I'm touching the screen and start pressing on buttons (e.g. my email, then one of the inboxes, then one of the emals, then the reply button, then random letters) when I'm not even touching the screen.

Your hardware is defective. It shouldn't be doing that. Get it replaced.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#22New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:09:32
I think I'm going to take my iPhone to the apple shop and ask them to run a diagnostic. Thinking about it I'm fairly sure the problem with my phone isn't normal otherwise there would surely be more talking about it.
steveuk On May 15, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:10:22
@jmo Said

I've got an iPhone and thus far it's f***ing s***. Battery only lasts about two days and it's really glitchy. Like every now and then for no reason the iPhone will act like I'm touching the screen and start pressing on buttons (e.g. my email, then one of the inboxes, then one of the emals, then the reply button, then random letters) when I'm not even touching the screen.

I think I might take it back but I keep hearing things about how common problems are with the iPhone. I've not had any reception problems but the two problems I have with it are annoying as f***.

In the year I had my iphone I never had any issues at all. Never crashed, always had great reception.
Tried cleaning the screen?

With regards to the camera part - it's a phone, it's not meant to take photos.
How pissed off would you be if you were driving to work and your car started pissing out coffee?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#24New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:11:22
@jonnythan Said

For a smartphone, 2 days is a long time. Nightly charging is a fact of life when you're using a device with as much CPU power as a computer only a few years old with a 3+ inch screen.

Battery life I can deal with but the latter problem probably means it is defective. Might pop in on my way to work see if that is the case. I have an iPod Touch which doesn't have those problems despite the OS seeming very similar.
steveuk On May 15, 2012

London, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:11:28
@jonnythan Said

2 days is awesome!!!
I had to charge mine every day. Not a problem because full charge took about 45 mins.

Not like my Galaxy S, which takes hours.......
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#26New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:12:43
@steveuk Said

In the year I had my iphone I never had any issues at all. Never crashed, always had great reception.

How pissed off would you be if you were driving to work and your car started pissing out coffee?

It's been like that since I got it (just before Christmas), not actually used the camera yet.

With the latter part I would be quite happy because I can't drive and am addicted to coffee
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#27New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:20:12
@steveuk Said

If my car did that, I'd jump for joy and enjoy driving to work more often.

though now that verzion is on board and iPhone is an option for me.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#28New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 03:21:16
When a smartphone is released that has an espresso maker attached to it I will be very happy!
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 04:35:54
Everyone I know IRL who has an iPhone hates it, nothing but problems as far as I've heard.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#30New Post! Jan 18, 2011 @ 05:13:48
@jonnythan Said

*That said, I have and use an Evo, which is IMO a superior piece of hardware. About the same size, but a much larger screen, a surprisingly useful kickstand, a better camera, and a better OS.

I gave up my iPhone 3GS for the HTC EVO and then went back to the iPhone. Luckily, I didn't sell the EVO. The iPhone's screen seems way too small now and the EVO can do so much more (even if Sprint's coverage stinks in my area). I'm sending the iPhone back.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs