Deleted

Here and there,
#1New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:54:38
Discuss it here.

Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#2New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:55:49
Reading about this earlier, the name makes me think of some kind of medical device/treament. No idea why.
PaNda On January 28, 2010
is Mysteria!

Deleted

, Texas
#3New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:56:07
That is so cool! I'm gonna Google it.
backinblack On February 06, 2010
Random Q

Deleted

Pittsburg, Kansas
#4New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:56:26
Beautiful!! I don't think I will ever have one but I think they are cool. Still don't think the tablets are necessary unless they have something completely new on them.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#5New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:57:20
Thought it was called the Tablet
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:58:40
It's cool, but IMO it's ultimately pointless as anything other than a toy. It only runs iPhone/iPad apps, one at a time. It doesn't make calls. It has no USB ports.

It's basically a big, higher-resolution iPod Touch. It's not robust enough to replace even a $270 netbook for functionality. It can't replace any of the devices you already own. It can't do enough to leave the laptop or netbook at home and take this on vacation instead.

It's very neat, it's very sexy, and it's very pretty. It's a big expensive iPod Touch that doesn't fit in your pocket and can't be used in the car.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:59:03
@sugarflyguy Said

Thought it was called the Tablet

That was one of the speculated names. Apple actually launched it today, and it is called the iPad.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 20:59:40
It's very pretty, I like it.

I would prefer to get an iPhone over that though.
PaNda On January 28, 2010
is Mysteria!

Deleted

, Texas
#9New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 21:01:53
https://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/10772.html

I'm disappointed that it's not a phone but then again, I just bought an iPhone 3GS 16 GB and can't get another phone without buying one outright.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 21:02:49
@jonnythan Said

It's cool, but IMO it's ultimately pointless as anything other than a toy. It only runs iPhone/iPad apps, one at a time. It doesn't make calls. It has no USB ports.

It's basically a big, higher-resolution iPod Touch. It's not robust enough to replace even a $270 netbook for functionality. It can't replace any of the devices you already own. It can't do enough to leave the laptop or netbook at home and take this on vacation instead.

It's very neat, it's very sexy, and it's very pretty. It's a big expensive iPod Touch that doesn't fit in your pocket and can't be used in the car.

So what is it for?
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#11New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 21:03:30
I was under the impression that tablet styled computers where never really popular idea, and that they ultimatly don't go on to do well.

What's with all these companies suddnely interested now? or are they just trying to cash in on the netbook, and eBooks, by trying to mix them together?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 21:05:09
@SparklyKatie Said

So what is it for?

To make money for Apple.

Well, it's really a great web browsing platform. And it may be a decent e-reader if you don't get headaches from the backlit screen. It'll be a nice gaming device, and a good movie/tv show viewing device.

It also appears that it's poised to be a good "print content" reading device. Newspapers and magazines have apparently signed on. You'll be able to launch the Newsweek app and read Newsweek on the device as if it were an actual paper magazine. McGraw-Hill is signed on for, it seems, textbooks.
sugarflyguy On March 15, 2010
Pro-Pho-tographer

Deleted

Leaving TFS today:), United Ki
#13New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 21:06:54
@jonnythan Said

That was one of the speculated names. Apple actually launched it today, and it is called the iPad.

I see
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#14New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 21:06:56
@Pete Said

I was under the impression that tablet styled computers where never really popular idea, and that they ultimately don't go on to do well.

What's with all these companies suddenly interested now? or are they just trying to cash in on the netbook, and eBooks, by trying to mix them together?

Well, the hardware is finally catching up. Responsive capacitive touchscreens, low-power but powerful hardware capable of running full-fledged OSes and apps, batteries that can actually power the devices for 7-12 hours, etc. Smartphones are getting as powerful as computers and laptops and netbooks are approaching smartphone size.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#15New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 21:07:33
I think I want it.

Of course I was really wanting a kindle with some web capabilities and some of the apps from apple. I'm not looking to replace a laptop all together. Just have something to entertain myself from boredom, in an area where the is already wifi.

are you sure about the one app a time, I mean can i use ibook and itunes 9or what ever they call the ipod app) at the same time?

Though my drooling over it is mostly been second hand and word of mouth, cause while I was bored and just sitting there, I didn't have a toy that could scour the web for more information, and certainly not able to play the video demos, I might have to wait until I get home for all that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs