Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#16New Post! Oct 31, 2009 @ 01:41:26
@Salutations75 Said

If you're going to post a link, at least have the decency to respond to people who respond to your link.

You responded to the link in a negative way, yet responded to it never the less.. As I said before, learn what spamming really is.
Salutations75 On November 24, 2009

Deleted

Toronto, Canada
#17New Post! Oct 31, 2009 @ 01:53:32
@deal1 Said

You responded to the link in a negative way, yet responded to it never the less.. As I said before, learn what spamming really is.

I am fully aware of what spamming is.
I am loosely applying spamming to someone who posts long links repeatedly and then runs away.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#18New Post! Oct 31, 2009 @ 02:18:26
If you know what spamming is, why call something that clearly is not spamming, "spamming"?
To call someone who provides links to an article relevant to a conversation a spammer can be construed as inflammatory.
I've been involved with the "net" longer than you have been alive.
SoulSeared On November 28, 2009

Deleted

I don't know. I'm lost.,
#19New Post! Oct 31, 2009 @ 14:35:21
When you post something, or make a statement back it up yourself. you involve yourself in discussion what if I started a hundred "christian" topics and just left? Spamming is just like pushing something on someone and then leaving. Maybe you also think that the person who's posting "send this letter to a hundred people or you will die" is aslo giving 'helpful' information. this guy is a spammer. he's just an automatated poster. a machine. NOT a person. Therefore: machine=spam

Deleted

Toronto, Canada
#20New Post! Nov 01, 2009 @ 01:37:54
@deal1 Said

If you know what spamming is, why call something that clearly is not spamming, "spamming"?
To call someone who provides links to an article relevant to a conversation a spammer can be construed as inflammatory.
I've been involved with the "net" longer than you have been alive.

Relevant to a conversation?
Show me a conversation between the person who posted this and someone else.
If you can show him conversing with people then I will agree that what I have said is false.
If you cannot show him conversing with people then I am correct - he makes multiple posts and does not converse with anyone. That's interpretable as spamming.

As for you being involved with the internet longer than I've been alive - good for you, that's really relevant when it comes to a modern day understanding of the possible applications of the word "spam".
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#23New Post! Nov 01, 2009 @ 02:09:59
Go read the rules of the forum...What Anus does is drive by posting, (which I agree is not cool) but spamming by definition AND the rules in the FAQ section,he is NOT doing.
You may think it's spamming, that is your opinion, but your opinion does not make you right.

Deleted

Toronto, Canada
#24New Post! Nov 01, 2009 @ 02:12:40
@deal1 Said

Go read the rules of the forum...What Anus does is drive by posting, (which I agree is not cool) but spamming by definition AND the rules in the FAQ section,he is NOT doing.
You may think it's spamming, that is your opinion, but your opinion does not make you right.

I agree - he is not spamming according to the forum's definition of spamming.
He is however spamming according to the definition used by many gamers.
I'm not making this up, I'm passing on information I learned from being addicted to multilayer games as a teen.
According to forum's definition I am wrong - I agree with you.
deal1 On May 06, 2011
SECRET SQUIRREL

not of this earth,
#25New Post! Nov 01, 2009 @ 02:30:28
Just to clear up where I got the info about "forum spamming", it was in Wiki.
Some call Wiki unreliable, hut it has never steered me wrong.
GoneBazaar On February 24, 2010

OKC, Oklahoma
#26New Post! Nov 02, 2009 @ 10:10:14
@anas Said

The Verses in the Quran That Mention Future Events Which Later Came to Pass
One example of the events foretold in the Quran is the victory of the Romans over the Persians within three to nine years after the Romans were defeated by the Persians. God has said in the Quran:

The Romans have been defeated in the nearest land (to the Arabian Peninsula), and they, after their defeat, will be victorious within bedd? (three to nine) years.... (Quran, 30:2-4)

Let us see what history tells us about these wars. A book entitled History of the Byzantine State says that the Roman army was badly defeated at Antioch in 613, and as a result, the Persians swiftly pushed forward on all fronts.1 At that time, it was hard to imagine that the Romans would defeat the Persians, but the Quran foretold that the Romans would be victorious within three to nine years. In 622, nine years after the Romans? defeat, the two forces (Romans and Persians) met on Armenian soil, and the result was the decisive victory of the Romans over the Persians, for the first time after the Romans? defeat in 613.2 The prophecy was fulfilled just as God has said in the Quran.

There are also many other verses in the Quran and sayings of the Prophet Muhammad that mention future events which later came to pass.

for more information about islam:

https://www.islam-guide.com/
https://www.imanway.com/islam/
https://www.imanway.com/en/
https://www.imanway1.com/message/
https://www.mahmoud2012.jeeran.com/
https://www.huda.tv/
and for hearing the Holy Quran you can visit:
https://www.banadir24.com/portal/islamic/quran/index.html

Hummmmmm...............Interesting. Thanks for the websites to further research

OKC, Oklahoma
#27New Post! Nov 02, 2009 @ 10:13:39
@TheBlackGhost Said

People of many faiths have used ancient predictions and prophecies to say they predicted the future. People say that all of the today's events are foretold in the Bible or Quran or some other philosopher's book...

...And people have been saying this for thousands of years. People compare current events and try to find a pattern or connection--which can be done in almost any situation.

And as for predicting a few historic events, any social analyst, historian, or politician could probably forsee some general events based on previous ones or just on the trend. Many analysts today could forsee that in the future, the United States economy will become less dominant, terrorism in the middle east will grow, there may be a conflict between powers A and B....etc...

These people dont claim to be prophets.

Never really thought about it like that. But you have a point

Deleted

I don't know. I'm lost.,
#28New Post! Nov 02, 2009 @ 23:09:50
@GoneBazaar Said

Never really thought about it like that. But you have a point

The Koran was written (finished) in 632 AD, long after Muhammad's prediction. He predicted something that already happened.

OKC, Oklahoma
#29New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 12:58:18
@SoulSeared Said

The Koran was written (finished) in 632 AD, long after Muhammad's prediction. He predicted something that already happened.

But to some point any event in the future can be read to fit something told in the past. I have been thinking about some of the stuff said in this section of the forum. I think I am getting a little more enlightened about religion.

Deleted

I don't know. I'm lost.,
#30New Post! Nov 05, 2009 @ 13:53:31
@GoneBazaar Said

But to some point any event in the future can be read to fit something told in the past. I have been thinking about some of the stuff said in this section of the forum. I think I am getting a little more enlightened about religion.

True, but not always. There are some things that are just too specific. The fact that the Koran was written (finished) shortly after is very fishy (to me, that is).
Enlightened? How?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs