Holidays

The TFS-NYE Party Thread!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
What's your wish for the New Year?
For more good times and good laughs with friends and family
For the health and wellbeing of someone you love or care about
For the new year to start off on the right foot and not be a disaster like this year
For people to come together in these uncertain and trying times and try to change things for the better
For more financial security for myself and my loved ones
For the strength to overcome something devastating in my or a loved one's life
For some sort of calm in the seemingly endless storm of negativity and misfortune
For the inspiration to create or accomplish something memorable in your life
For Skunky to finally wash his goddamned feet for once so I can go more than 3 seconds at a time without smelling rotten cheese
Other (Please Specify)
View Results
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#1New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:14:07
Dang, I just realized that I could've added so many more poll options, but I can't go back so it's fine.

But yeah! As the name implies, this is the TFS New Year's Eve Party Thread!!!

Don't have any big plans for New Year's? Stop on by and have a drink at our free bar. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be served, as well as a rotating menu of sample appetizers (if you'd like to know more about some of the appys, don't hesitate to ask me) that will change over the course of the night.

Starting off, we have Angus beef sliders on miniature ciabatta buns with smoked gouda, applewood-smoked bacon bits and honey bourbon grilled onions. Then we have an assortment of both crispy and saucy chicken wings; on the crispy side we have Plain Salt and Pepper, Lemon Pepper, Garlic Parmesan, Cajun Spicy, 'Smoky Barbeque' (traditional crispy, but specific dry rubs were used in the coating), Garlic Salt, and Montreal Steak Spice (which is a surprising good spice to use for chicken wings. Highly recommend you try it at some point). And on the saucy side, we've Buffalo, Barbeque, 'Red Hot' (buffalo done with Frank's Red Hot, plus sriracha and Tabasco sauce), Honey Garlic, Sweet 'n Sour, and 'Reverse Cordon Bleu' (a mixture of mozzarella, provolone and muenster cheeses melted into a sauce with finely chopped pieces of ham carefully drizzled over top of the chicken wing, then left to cool slightly so the cheese and ham remain on the wings). The Reverse Cordon Bleu, Red Hot and Smoky Barbeque varieties are my own creation and I hope you don't mind, but this is the first time I've made them, so you guys will kind of be the guinea pigs for those flavours to see how they work for you.

And for any vegans/vegetarians, we have Veggie Pakora made with seasoned cauliflower, chick peas, potatoes and crispy onions and a spicy ketchup chutney, garlic bruschettas made with 'vegan cheese,' (but the actual tasty kind and not the ones that taste like wood chips. ) and cucumber rounds with olive tapenade on top. Anyone watching their gluten intake can safely enjoy the cucumber rounds and any of the sauce wings excluding the Red Hot, Buffalo and Sweet 'n Sour ones. There will be more appys later as the night progresses.

For those who are unable to stay or already have plans, feel free to share them if you'd like and maybe have a snack or two. And whatever you're doing, make sure you have a safe way to get home. Don't want you getting hurt now. I care about you and your wellbeing.

*Winks at you.*

So get those novelty sunglasses from the dollar store, grab a bevvy and kick back and enjoy the party!
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:24:29
I want your menu dammit.

I have an eclectic plate of leftover chinese, leftover chicken and some lettuce that needs eating to form a ceasar salad. And some potato chips on the side. Maybe some M&M's for dessert.

For the new year? Besides of course your feet, although right now it is for a good cause - to torture our president elect soon to be white trash in chief, I'd have to say the ability to effect a much needed change in employment.
chaski On about 21 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:40:22
More travel...travel, travel, travel....and maybe get a photo of a never before identified species of insect.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#4New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:42:25
@LuckyCharms Said

I want your menu dammit.

I have an eclectic plate of leftover chinese, leftover chicken and some lettuce that needs eating to form a ceasar salad. And some potato chips on the side. Maybe some M&M's for dessert.

For the new year? Besides of course your feet, although right now it is for a good cause - to torture our president elect soon to be white trash in chief, I'd have to say the ability to effect a much needed change in employment.

Sounds great. I was thinking that we needed some kind of salad.

*Puts the chinese chicken caesar salad on the table, while taking the chips and M&M's to the back for later.*

If I end up getting sent to Guantanamo because of my socks, could you maybe bake me a cake with a file in it? Or try to bribe the guards to let me out?
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:49:16
@chaski Said

More travel...travel, travel, travel....and maybe get a photo of a never before identified species of insect.

i didn't know my wife's mother was a never identified species of insect. my wife not that bad looking, either.
Magically Delicious

#6New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:52:20
@psycoskunk Said

Sounds great. I was thinking that we needed some kind of salad.

*Puts the chinese chicken caesar salad on the table, while taking the chips and M&M's to the back for later.*

If I end up getting sent to Guantanamo because of my socks, could you maybe bake me a cake with a file in it? Or try to bribe the guards to let me out?

Sure thing... I'll slip it into a batch of marshmallows.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:55:44
Would it be bad if I bring booze? Would it be bad if I drink the booze before bringing it?
Funky-Footed Skunk

#8New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:57:32
@LuckyCharms Said

Sure thing... I'll slip it into a batch of marshmallows.

Thanks Lucky.

Although I might be able to cut a deal with the guards where they can let me go early so long as I use my feet to help with interrogations.
Magically Delicious

#9New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:57:38
@Cpat92 Said

Would it be bad if I bring booze? Would it be bad if I drink the booze before bringing it?

No. Yes.

Unless you left some behind to spike the punch.
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:58:06
@psycoskunk Said

Thanks Lucky.

Although I might be able to cut a deal with the guards where they can let me go early so long as I use my feet to help with interrogations.

God help you, you might be right.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#11New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 00:58:19
@Cpat92 Said

No and no!

We've also got an open bar available as well, with whatever drinks you might possibly want.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#12New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 01:09:06
@LuckyCharms Said

God help you, you might be right.

They're getting pretty bad now... the socks I'm 'brewing' for Trump. I basically have to keep them hidden under the cushions of a chair in my room I don't use when I'm not wearing them. I don't put them on unless I'm the only one home or for a few hours when I sleep. I usually get up in the middle of the night to pee anyways, so before I climb back into bed, I'll either slide them on or pull them off and just let the odour build up or disperse throughout my room respectively. It's... it's pretty great.

You definitely wouldn't like it, though. If you were to smell my socks as they are now, there'd be a 40% chance that your soul would instantly leave your body and float away. Otherwise, your nose would just burst into flames.
Magically Delicious

#13New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 01:17:10
@psycoskunk Said

They're getting pretty bad now... the socks I'm 'brewing' for Trump. I basically have to keep them hidden under the cushions of a chair in my room I don't use when I'm not wearing them. I don't put them on unless I'm the only one home or for a few hours when I sleep. I usually get up in the middle of the night to pee anyways, so before I climb back into bed, I'll either slide them on or pull them off and just let the odour build up or disperse throughout my room respectively. It's... it's pretty great.

You definitely wouldn't like it, though. If you were to smell my socks as they are now, there'd be a 40% chance that your soul would instantly leave your body and float away. Otherwise, your nose would just burst into flames.

That sounds relatively painful.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 01:20:43
@psycoskunk Said

skunky - a way of describing how you sleep at night- have wild and crazy every night with your socks.

you beat me, skunky- i just look at pictures in my " penthouse " magazine, when i go to bed.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#15New Post! Jan 01, 2017 @ 01:32:41
@LuckyCharms Said

That sounds relatively painful.

I imagine it would be. It has quite a soothing affect for me, actually. Ever since I've gotten my new slippers for Christmas (which are wool-lined, so they absorb sweat and stink like crazy under 'normal' conditions), my feet have been getting really funky. I'd dare say they're almost as strong as they were back when I was still in high school and I almost made someone pass out because they were tricked into smelling my shoe.

Although I wasn't the one who tricked them, it was someone else. I don't think he knew how bad my feet were.

@twilitezone911 Said

skunky - a way of describing how you sleep at night- have wild and crazy every night with your socks.

you beat me, skunky- i just look at pictures in my " penthouse " magazine, when i go to bed.

I been having really good dreams actually. And a much more relaxed sleep too. Maybe I could advertise my feet as some sort of sleep aid.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs