Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...18 19 20 21 22 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#286New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 03:25:17
@townie_guy Said

Ok, now once we drop race, we come onto another contraversial topic. Drugs. SHould they be legallised or not?

The only reason most the crime takes place, the shootings, the torturing, etc. Is because drugs are illegal.

If they were legalised the middle man, the criminal element would be took out of the equation. Also drugs would be produced to a higher quality and mdma would be mdma not rat poison.

People want to get high, that is a fact of life. Look at alchhol, that is now legal. It used to be just as bad.

However the fact that drugs are illegal, makes them seem attractive to younger people, its just plain simple rebelling against the system. The same with underage smoking, its a way of rebelling against the system.

Decriminalizing certain drugs makes good sense.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#287New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 03:27:37
@white_swan53 Said

It is a well known fact that the Federal Bureau of Intimidation or FBI, has always treated the native American community as if it were their own private 'whipping boy'.
Let me ask you a hypnotical question .
If the native American community had a similar issue of native American on native American violence , would you have the same attitude about wanting someone else to do something about the issues ? Would you be making the same comments about the native American community as you are saying about the black community ?

For that matter, the native Americans have survived 10 times the horror and oppression and violence though out history at the hands of the American government then any other ethnic group in this nation . Why is it that the native American comunity has always been a 'hands on' type and always stepped up to do all they can to deal with and help their own, from within .

Who says the black community has not stepped up too?
Again- most all of the social ills are due to the economic situation where it is happening- matters not what race.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#288New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 05:22:34
@shinobinoz Said

Again- most all of the social ills are due to the economic situation where it is happening- matters not what race.

https://www.kidsofftheblock.bbnow.org/about.php Bro there's many more just like this one.......still, not enough if you ask me!

Chicago, Illinois
#289New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 05:24:35
@townie_guy Said

Well no-one raises an eybrow for it like they do black-on-black.

Huh????
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#290New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 05:58:55
@shinobinoz Said

It is no surprise that you haven't taken the time to read this thread or any of the links posted in this thread . If you had, you wouldn't be asking silly questions klike this one nor defending a community as victims that can't and shouldn't be expected to help themselves by making some changes from within their community to deal with the issues they face.
If you had read any of the thread or the links, you would know that there are many black americans who has done exactly what you said they couldn't , that is to 'pull themselves up by the boot straps. and you would also be aware of their thoughts on the 'f*** all ' attitudes and laziness of some in their community that rather be seen as victims then bother doing anything about anything .

I was going to link you to the the posts that have the info that would answer you question. but to hell with that, . if you had wanted any real info before you started running off at the mouth you certainly n are capable of doing your own clicking . But Having real life info just might screw up your whole play house and confuse your sis about which smiley to use where.

n/a, New Mexico
#291New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 06:06:39
@Spinkiegirl Said

Whatever....

I just went back and re read this tread from the Op to the last post .
You really don't have any idea about what is really going on in the balck communities across this nation .

Because your to busy posting to smart a** and snarky bulls*** about un important things like hair styles and phases like afro Americans and African Americans , to give two s***s about what is the real and important issues needing to be dealt with .
Yes, with all due respect you can keep your dumb assed one word posts and smilies to your self from here on ,
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#292New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 13:49:40
@shinobinoz Said

Decriminalizing certain drugs makes good sense.

Most the trouble is drugs and music.

Gangster Rap is a predominately black thing. Tupac, 50 Cent and all that, it makes being a gangster look cool. The white community has no such thing really, even Eminem isnt gangsta rap its just Hip-Hop.

In the UK we had the Bassline, 4 x 4 and Speed Garage scene, but again that wasnt a white thing. Ive been in those placs and I did stick out like a sore thumb, the only reason I didnt get shot was because I knew people.

Also when you look at Bassline, when it was underground it was a northern thing not a southern thing. And the North has always been a lot rougher than the south and a lot less civilised. However the North is mostly working class as well due to Industry where as the South isnt.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#293New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 17:49:23
@townie_guy Said

Gangster Rap is a predominately black thing. Tupac, 50 Cent and all that, it makes being a gangster look cool. The white community has no such thing really, even Eminem isnt gangsta rap its just Hip-Hop.

In the UK we had the Bassline, 4 x 4 and Speed Garage scene, but again that wasnt a white thing. Ive been in those placs and I did stick out like a sore thumb, the only reason I didnt get shot was because I knew people.

Also when you look at Bassline, when it was underground it was a northern thing not a southern thing. And the North has always been a lot rougher than the south and a lot less civilised. However the North is mostly working class as well due to Industry where as the South isnt.

Yeah, No skinhead racists either eh?
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#294New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 17:52:53
@shinobinoz Said

Yeah, No skinhead racists either eh?

What does that have to do with music inspired crime?

n/a, New Mexico
#295New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 19:01:27
So, how do either of you explain how the majority of young people that listen to rap music, don't go out and commit crimes and do drugs ?
There are a whole lot more kids that go to school and or have jobs and aren't trouble makers , then there are kids in gangs and on drugs.

Chicago, Illinois
#296New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 21:04:17
@townie_guy Said

Yeah, the good old "white community"

n/a, New Mexico
#298New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 21:30:58
@townie_guy Said

I like rap music myself. Are you saying that Gangsta Rap has no influence what so ever. And that Tupac Amaru Shakur didnt inspire gangsta rap at all. As he was actually the first Gangsta Rapper as far as I know

If you actually listen to Rap music yourself, you will actually hear the rappers say that kids do idealise them and do follow in there footsteps.

Ive seen the Club Scene and I dont mean the public side. Ive worked for 2 nightclubs, both of which had legal problems concearning various substances. And Ive also been involved in the illegal rave scene and I know how the drug dealing works and I know the s*** that kicks off from it. And all an illegal rave is, is one big party focussing on music as thats what brings the kids together, but as illegal recreational drugs are involved, this stems crime.

Ive been to clubs like Niche in Sheffield, when Bassline was an underground movement. And it did attract a lot of gangsters. However as a lot of the lyrics are about being a gangsta, a lot of kids try to immitate it. Hence the phrase Plastic Gangster. Sooner or later when they start acting the big man because of the music they mess with the real life thing.

So can you honestly say music has no influence on violence.

Wow, it must be something in the drinking water or maybe in the air here on TFS.

I didn't even hint about any of what you have just said /assumed I said or meant or thought about when I ask my question.
I do think that if a person is already inclined to be a criminal then rap music could be their choice .
But NO I don't believe rap has as much influence as it's being given here in this thread.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#299New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 21:46:19
@townie_guy Said

I like rap music myself. Are you saying that Gangsta Rap has no influence what so ever. And that Tupac Amaru Shakur didnt inspire gangsta rap at all. As he was actually the first Gangsta Rapper as far as I know

If you actually listen to Rap music yourself, you will actually hear the rappers say that kids do idealise them and do follow in there footsteps.

Ive seen the Club Scene and I dont mean the public side. Ive worked for 2 nightclubs, both of which had legal problems concearning various substances. And Ive also been involved in the illegal rave scene and I know how the drug dealing works and I know the s*** that kicks off from it. And all an illegal rave is, is one big party focussing on music as thats what brings the kids together, but as illegal recreational drugs are involved, this stems crime.

Ive been to clubs like Niche in Sheffield, when Bassline was an underground movement. And it did attract a lot of gangsters. However as a lot of the lyrics are about being a gangsta, a lot of kids try to immitate it. Hence the phrase Plastic Gangster. Sooner or later when they start acting the big man because of the music they mess with the real life thing.

@white_swan53 Said

Wow, it must be something in the drinking water or maybe in the air here on TFS.

I didn't even hint about any of what you have just said /assumed I said or meant or thought about when I ask my question.
I do think that if a person is already inclined to be a criminal then rap music could be their choice .
But NO I don't believe rap has as much influence as it's being given here in this thread.

I'm going to have to echo what white_swan is saying here. The music is an influence but it's not the sole driving factor. It's not as if I'm going to listen to Gangsta Rap (and I have ) and suddenly decide I'm going to start acting like a hoodlum.

Chicago, Illinois
#300New Post! Jul 19, 2012 @ 22:01:08
@townie_guy Said

So then in your previous post #292...you stated that the white community didn't really have the problems "Gangsta Rap" seems to have in the black community. But how many blacks do you find listing to "rave" music? Yet here you say it's a problem?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...18 19 20 21 22 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs