The Real Life - or is it?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 19:25:46
Does anyone who believes in a loving God, really believe that this life is the life He would have intended for humanity from the beginning?

Would He really have purposed a life where humans suffer and die, whether from sickness, old age, starvation or war?

Or would He rather have intended that the Paradise that was the Garden of Eden be expanded and populated with perfect humans to whom sickness, death crime and all the other things that destroy our peace?

If what he really wants is for everyone to end up in heaven, why did he not stop at creating the Angels, who are there with him already? Why would He want a "two tier" Heaven made up of His spirit sons and those who had been forced to live in these circumstances. A socially divided Heaven?

Does that really make sense to you? It certainly doesn't to me.

No! I believe, as the bible indicates, that God's plan has been pushed down a detour by the necessity to be fair and give Satan a chance to prove the challenges he laid down, and once that issue is proven he will return this earth to the "Real Life" He originally planned not this "Fake real life" which is the product of Satan's attempts to turn people away from God.

No. I look towards the Real Life which Paul spoke of. The one that is to come, when everything is back on plan.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#2New Post! Aug 13, 2012 @ 20:52:43
Regardless of looking towards the Real Life, do you think it is wise to ignore life now? You will be judged by the things that you do (or fail to do) in this life. You would do well to live it.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

Matt 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45 “He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 11:19:21
Many have understood the words where God is described as looking at the world and seeing it as good...."And God saw every thing that he had made, and behold, it was very good".......as seeing it not as an unspoiled paradise that human beings were soon to despoil, thus causing him to give way to wrath, drown everyone, and try to start again with a plan in hand to reward anyone who believes in the ridiculous ( )....but rather "good" for the purpose intended. Simply put, a vale of soulmaking. To bring into being those who would love for loves sake, and not love for the sake of reward, or earn a passmark to "heaven".

Rather like the people in the parable that Someone_else (why do I always laugh when I type that name out/) quoted from, those who cared for others, not even having heard of Jesus.

Such a way of understanding the words is more in line with the "O felix culpa" of the Eastern Church (and Catholic)...O happy fault that merited such and so great a Redeemer.

Leading on from this, the thought of the Catholic saint Ambrose who speaks of the "fortunate" ruin of Adam in the Garden of Eden in that his sin brought more good to humanity than if he had stayed perfectly innocent. Or again, the thought of the theologian Thomas Aquinas, who
said that God allows evils to happen in order to bring forth a greater good.

And true Christianity would see such in the light of the Cross, and the Incarnation. That God does not look down from on high inspecting things to see how they are going, aloof from the suffering, judging us. But is in fact in each of us, suffering with us.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#4New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 12:52:41
@MadCornishBiker Said

Does anyone who believes in a loving God, really believe that this life is the life He would have intended for humanity from the beginning?

Yes, your God intended for us to live this life in this way.
Maybe one day we will learn to live in a better way, in peace, but it will take a very long time for us to evolve to that level of awareness. God is not going to destroy everyone on the earth and start over. That would make no sense what so ever.
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 12:57:48
@futilevoice Said

Maybe one day we will learn to live in a better way, in peace, but it will take a very long time for us to evolve to that level of awareness. God is not going to destroy everyone on the earth and start over. That would make no sense what so ever.

You are right.......no sense whatsoever.

The Biker has actually said that those who gain entry into the New World can still lose their inheritance if they prove unfaithful while there. I may have misunderstood him, but if not, such CERTAINLY makes no sense whatsoever.

Deleted

, Illinois
#6New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 13:04:00
@tariki Said

You are right.......no sense whatsoever.

The Biker has actually said that those who gain entry into the New World can still lose their inheritance if they prove unfaithful while there. I may have misunderstood him, but if not, such CERTAINLY makes no sense whatsoever.

People who adhere to this belief have really big egos.
They think that they are so wonderful that God will spare their lives and destroy others. It says in their own bible that no one is above sin. We are all sinners in one way another according to scripture.

Why save anybody?
Drgnfly83 On September 02, 2014

, Virginia
#7New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 13:32:44
@MadCornishBiker Said

Would He really have purposed a life where humans suffer and die, whether from sickness, old age, starvation or war?

Or would He rather have intended that the Paradise that was the Garden of Eden be expanded and populated with perfect humans to whom sickness, death crime and all the other things that destroy our peace?

If what he really wants is for everyone to end up in heaven, why did he not stop at creating the Angels, who are there with him already? Why would He want a "two tier" Heaven made up of His spirit sons and those who had been forced to live in these circumstances. A socially divided Heaven?

Does that really make sense to you? It certainly doesn't to me.

No! I believe, as the bible indicates, that God's plan has been pushed down a detour by the necessity to be fair and give Satan a chance to prove the challenges he laid down, and once that issue is proven he will return this earth to the "Real Life" He originally planned not this "Fake real life" which is the product of Satan's attempts to turn people away from God.

No. I look towards the Real Life which Paul spoke of. The one that is to come, when everything is back on plan.

I think Adam and Eve messed it up for the rest of us. I think one day, we will see the life he intended for us. I do not think this is what he saw when he first envisioned us.

There have been consequences for actions done. Much like the life we live today, there are choices made, and those choices, have consequences, some good, some bad.

Like you said, the real life intended, is yet to come and as you, I am also looking forward to THAT life instead of this one.

, Virginia
#8New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 13:34:16
@futilevoice Said

Funny you should say that....but, he already did this once.
waldo On August 02, 2016
I don't care

lancaster, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 13:42:19
View Image

Banned

#10New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 14:05:51
@futilevoice Said

No He is not. He is however going to destroy the wicked, those unprepared to live in the correct way, with the correct motivations.

It isn't after al, the first time He has started all over again, he did so with Noah after the flood.

It makes more sense to do that than to allow things to continue as they are with all the suffering in the world.. In fact it is the only loving and sensible thing to do.

Banned

#11New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 14:08:29
@Drgnfly83 Said

I think Adam and Eve messed it up for the rest of us. I think one day, we will see the life he intended for us. I do not think this is what he saw when he first envisioned us.

There have been consequences for actions done. Much like the life we live today, there are choices made, and those choices, have consequences, some good, some bad.

Like you said, the real life intended, is yet to come and as you, I am also looking forward to THAT life instead of this one.

Yes, you have it right there.

I look around me and see the mess we are making of everything, and realise that if we were allowed to carry on this way this earth will soon be uninhabitable. Such a shame for what is basically such a beautiful home. I don't see how God can be happy watching it.

Deleted

, Illinois
#12New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 14:12:03
@MadCornishBiker Said

No He is not. He is however going to destroy the wicked, those unprepared to live in the correct way, with the correct motivations.

It isn't after al, the first time He has started all over again, he did so with Noah after the flood.

It makes more sense to do that than to allow things to continue as they are with all the suffering in the world.. In fact it is the only loving and sensible thing to do.

Can,t you see how pointless that would be. As long as we are free to do what we wish there will always be a problem no matter how many times God kills us. And is that even fair for God to do so? No it isn't.

Deleted

, Illinois
#13New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 14:13:52
@Drgnfly83 Said

Funny you should say that....but, he already did this once.

So obviously God did something wrong. Why repeat the same mistake? I thought God was perfect.

, Virginia
#14New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 14:14:36
@futilevoice Said

Can,t you see how pointless that would be. As long as we are free to do what we wish there will always be a problem no matter how many times God kills us. And is that even fair for God to do so? No it isn't.

Life isn't fair.

Anyone that thinks it is or should be....I just have one question....what have you done so great in your life that you deserve anything at all?

I don't mean for that question to sound so "harsh" but it is to the point, what is so great about you that you DESERVE anything, especially a FAIR life?

Deleted

, Illinois
#15New Post! Aug 14, 2012 @ 14:18:24
@Drgnfly83 Said

Life isn't fair.

Anyone that thinks it is or should be....I just have one question....what have you done so great in your life that you deserve anything at all?

I don't mean for that question to sound so "harsh" but it is to the point, what is so great about you that you DESERVE anything, especially a FAIR life?

Life is fair, it's people who are not.
Everyone deserves a chance to live a happy, free life. I don't think I have done anything knowingly to deserve damnation.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs