The Post "I don't exist" idea.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 22:50:23
@sister_of_mercy Said

Actually the question of existence has been posed rather a lot throughout philosophical discussion over time. You may think it's BS but it's still a valid thing to think about.

@sister_of_mercy Said

I'll get back to you when I've had more sleep

ty
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#17New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 07:57:49
We exist so that the universe can experience itself, so that it can learn again.

Think about it. If you were god (the universe), and you knew all there was to know about anything and everything, what would there be to think about, to wonder about, to ponder? There would be nothing, and how can you think of nothing?

To spend eternity like this, would be agonizing, so why not use your omnipotent powers to render yourself stupid, so that you may learn again?

Its a hard theory to explain, and wrap your brain around, but to me, its the only one that makes sense.

Basically, we are the universe, we live here inside of the universe, but at the same time, we ARE the universe, our bodies are made of materials that were churned out of stars billions of years ago, but our minds, seem to be separate, like they are in a prison, the prison being the body, separating the mind from the sea of consciousness, so that it may grow, and develop.

We undoubtedly exist, we just dont know why.

It may be that life is just a random phenomena that occurs through out the universe, and there is nothing more to it than chemical reactions.
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#18New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 08:02:10
@kidvisions Said

I wanted to share with you a video video from which I have learned something life changing.

“We do not exist” what’s new about this? You might say.

Well what is new this time is that it does not just stop at that point. It moves further, into a higher kind of understanding: an understanding which stems from within you and transcends all of your senses and even transcends your thoughts, your mind and everything you have ever experienced so far.

At some point, you find the answer to those questions “why do we exist?” “what’s the point of it all?” the whies and the hows all merge into one thing: laughter.

You start laughing and you realize that you just don’t exist and that it just does not matter. You do not exist.

Just laugh at how this life does not matter, at how your problems do not matter, and at how amazing it all is. Laughter is the answer to it all.

Laughter and you don't really exist the solution?

That is funny.

But I don't think so.

I'm definitely here, and my existence definitely has a purpose.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 09:13:11
we do exist ..we are animals..we have developed our minds through evolution ..to the point where we drive ourselves nuts with unanswerable questions ... we are basically the same as other animals though ... some are dominant and some dominate ... it's usually the dominated who ask the unanswerable questions ... the dominant don't need to .
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 10:56:28
@offbeat Said

we do exist ..we are animals..we have developed our minds through evolution ..to the point where we drive ourselves nuts with unanswerable questions ... we are basically the same as other animals though ... some are dominant and some dominate ... it's usually the dominated who ask the unanswerable questions ... the dominant don't need to .

well, we exist anyway, lol, the rest of that is fallacy.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#21New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 11:04:27
@8FlOz Said

We exist so that the universe can experience itself, so that it can learn again.

Think about it. If you were god (the universe), and you knew all there was to know about anything and everything, what would there be to think about, to wonder about, to ponder? There would be nothing, and how can you think of nothing?

To spend eternity like this, would be agonizing, so why not use your omnipotent powers to render yourself stupid, so that you may learn again?

Its a hard theory to explain, and wrap your brain around, but to me, its the only one that makes sense.

Basically, we are the universe, we live here inside of the universe, but at the same time, we ARE the universe, our bodies are made of materials that were churned out of stars billions of years ago, but our minds, seem to be separate, like they are in a prison, the prison being the body, separating the mind from the sea of consciousness, so that it may grow, and develop.

We undoubtedly exist, we just dont know why.

It may be that life is just a random phenomena that occurs through out the universe, and there is nothing more to it than chemical reactions.

That seems reasonable. I think having other individuals around us is part of it as well. If everyone truly turns out to be 'one', 'one' would be awfully lonely without the material world.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Jun 19, 2012 @ 11:11:12
@MadCornishBiker Said

well, we exist anyway, lol, the rest of that is fallacy.

7 million year ago ..you and i would have been sitting in a tree ...

cornish ..' i'm telling you offbeat ..there is a much bigger ,hairier ape living up at the top of this tree !'

offbeat ... 'well , until he takes a dump on my head , i'll choose not to believe it !'
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs