Forums:
Relationships

The Mistake That I Didn't Know I Made

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Kels8786 On December 02, 2011

Montgomery,
#1New Post! Dec 25, 2010 @ 05:41:33
I asked a guy that I was casually seeing if he wanted to make it official, he responded with he needed more time. I gave him from May til August. I asked him again if he wanted to be official and he responed with no he didn't want to date since he was starting grad school and it would be long distance. I was sad needless to say and so when another man was interested I started seeing him casually and yes we slept together.

Fast forward I start getting more frequent texts and calls from the guy that turned me down. Then he asked if I had been with anyone else, I of course responded with yes. Aparently he had not been with anyone else and was surprised I had been. I am not sure what this means and I am not sure if this was even a mistake.

I care very much for the first guy and the other guy was merely casual and I am not much interested in him anymore. If I was single then why does it matter... he MADE me single. In my opinion he has no right to be upset with me. Now I feel like attempting to move on had been a mistake since aparently he was still interested.

I don't know exactly how I should deal with this situation. It upsets me since I want to be with him so much. When he said no I took that as he never wanted to be with... why is it that communicating with men is so difficult it is like pulling teeth to figure out where I stand or how they feel. Finding someone should NOT be this difficult.

Thoughts or Suggestions?
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#2New Post! Dec 25, 2010 @ 05:50:42
You have no reason to feel guilty about what happened with the second guy. You were SINGLE at the time.

If the first guy wasn't seeing anyone while away at grad school, that's his problem. He said he didn't want a long distance relationship. Too bad for him.

If you two do want to get together, do so. Though, if he holds the 'encounter' you had with this other guy over your head, end it. He has no right to go on about the other guy.

If he can't handle the fact that you were SINGLE and saw someone else, it's his problem. What...you can't date others while he's away at school and you two not being an item?? Pffft.

Seems he wants things HIS way, regardless of where he is. Move on and forget him I say.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#3New Post! Dec 25, 2010 @ 06:04:13
You have no reason to feel guilty over a man who said no thanks. They always seem interested in what they let get away when it's too late. Ask him why he expected you to wait for him? If he frowns on premarital sex; that part isn't clear, then he's being a bit self serving to expect you to stand still. Move on with your life. If you want, ask him for a long talk and tell him to make up his mind.Don't ask him to see you again; you don't need that kind of embarrassment. Is he worth it; he didn't give you the respect he should have.
Lockdog On October 16, 2018

Indianapolis, Indiana
#4New Post! Dec 25, 2010 @ 06:12:33
If a girl asked me if we were exclusive, I would be straight up with my conerns. Seems that you were led on.
You will do better.......Or maybe It will come full circle
and you will have the upperhand.
Kels8786 On December 02, 2011

Montgomery,
#5New Post! Dec 25, 2010 @ 06:17:26
@Lockdog Said

If a girl asked me if we were exclusive, I would be straight up with my conerns. Seems that you were led on.
You will do better.......Or maybe It will come full circle
and you will have the upperhand.

I didn't ask 'if' we were exclusive i asked if he wanted to be exclusive.
Lockdog On October 16, 2018

Indianapolis, Indiana
#6New Post! Dec 25, 2010 @ 06:25:07
I was considering it kinda the same. You were coming at him with positive thoughts about being exclusive, and he
was avoiding the issue.
vekta On November 18, 2013

#7New Post! Dec 25, 2010 @ 06:28:22
@Kels8786 Said

I didn't ask 'if' we were exclusive i asked if he wanted to be exclusive.

Next time tell him to grow a pair or stop wasting your time.

If he can't make the choice at all the first time you asked that's tough shoe leather.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#8New Post! Dec 25, 2010 @ 06:31:23
Listen to the men, they know how men think, better than we ever will and vice versa.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs