Australia

The Little Aussie Soapbox

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...40 41 42 · >>
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#1New Post! Jun 18, 2013 @ 15:44:21
This is a place for Aussie to discuss anything to do with our great southern land

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#2New Post! Jun 18, 2013 @ 15:47:59
Firstly i want to talk briefly about burqas. In short they should not be aloowed to be worn in situations where identity may be an issue. So if police ask for a person to remove a burqa then they should have to do so. They shouldnt be worn in our courts and shop owners should be able to ask people to remove their burqa before they enter the shop and if they refuse then ban them entry free of any legal action...

It's wrong to have one rule for some people and then a different rule for everyone else.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#3New Post! Jun 18, 2013 @ 15:50:46
Good to see that Julia's desperate and pathetic attempt to spark a gender war has fallen flat and actually cost her votes. Her misandry is really wearing thin...

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#4New Post! Jun 18, 2013 @ 15:52:39
Oh, and just on Julia. Funny to hear her today telling her party members that they must all look to do what's best for the party...at a time when the polls clearly suggest that what's best for the party is her resignation!

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#5New Post! Jun 18, 2013 @ 15:55:34
On a happier note it was nice to see the lads qualify for the 2014 world cup. We didnt play very well against Iraq (who are to be commended for what they have achieved) and there is much to work on btw now and next year. But still, we have qualified and so that's a start.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#6New Post! Jun 19, 2013 @ 08:03:57
shadowen,I applaud your efforts at getting a thread started about Gods Country,but alas it's a wasted effort on TFS.
Being an American site,all they know or care about is what happens in the land of goddamns, as for Australia??? three quarters of them have never heard of it let alone know where it is or how to spell it and I'm sure in a short while,you,like many of us Aussie members will go walk about searching for another site that's got at least some interest.

Oh yes,if you really want to get the goddamns going,start a thread about their gun laws and how they should be disarmed,you'll get more goddamns and sons of b****es than you can count they can't imagine life without a gun .

Wandering off back into the shadows again,Bye
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Jun 19, 2013 @ 08:05:32
@Demented Said

shadowen,I applaud your efforts at getting a thread started about Gods Country,but alas it's a wasted effort on TFS.
Being an American site,all they know or care about is what happens in the land of goddamns, as for Australia??? three quarters of them have never heard of it let alone know where it is or how to spell it and I'm sure in a short while,you,like many of us Aussie members will go walk about searching for another site that's got at least some interest.

Oh yes,if you really want to get the goddamns going,start a thread about their gun laws and how they should be disarmed,you'll get more goddamns and sons of b****es than you can count they can't imagine life without a gun .

Wow.

Insult much?
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#8New Post! Jun 19, 2013 @ 14:18:20
@Eaglebauer Said

Wow.

Insult much?

Quite frankly eagle,it wasn't an insult at all it was the truth but put in a way that nobody would misunderstand.
magicgoat On July 05, 2013

Deleted

Stockbridge, Georgia
#9New Post! Jun 19, 2013 @ 14:41:21
I'm glad to read on this topic.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Jun 19, 2013 @ 16:17:26
@Demented Said

Quite frankly eagle,it wasn't an insult at all it was the truth but put in a way that nobody would misunderstand.

It's the truth that three quarters of us don't know where Australia is or how to spell it? Where did that come from?

You can say what you like about my countrymen Demented, but you will be hard pressed to find any of them on this site actually openly bashing and insulting an entire other nation the way you seem to be just fine doing, and then actually defending their xenophobia instead of apologizing when someone makes it clear that they are being horribly rude and offensive.

I have left comments on plenty of topics that have nothing to do with the US that were made by Americans. So it's difficult to take what you decided is "the truth put in a way no one could misunderstand" seriously. A lot of the time if one of us is quick to talk about our own country here it's because someone else is commenting about us and we are drawn to comment. Then we are accused of only wanting to talk about ourselves. If someone started a topic about a different country and I made a single post in it belittling Australia and its people that didn't have anything to do with the thread you'd be fine with that? You wouldn't want to say anything at all about it? You can say that's so but I'm not going to believe you.

Also, please take note that YOU have taken a topic about your own country and made it about Americans. No one else but you. I wonder what you thought you were going to accomplish? The OP hasn't said a thing about us but you don't seem to have any interest in talking about anything else.

It doesn't matter and you don't need to answer. You just became the third person in my entire history here to be removed from my friends list. I don't call xenophobes or bigots friends of mine (incidentally the other two were Americans).

I expect you will probably not admit any wrong doing and that's fine. We're done.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#11New Post! Jun 19, 2013 @ 17:32:23
@Demented Said

Nice to see you hate us so much.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#12New Post! Jun 20, 2013 @ 14:10:40
Hmmm, ok well not really what i had in mind when i started this thread! And 'demented', you may well be right mate in that their are no Aussies on this site who would be likely to contribute to this forum but so be it...i am not against banging my head against a brick wall for a while!

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#13New Post! Jun 20, 2013 @ 14:12:09
Anyway, whilst this topic is aimed at Aussies and the intention is to focus on issues to do with our great southern land people from other countries can of course offer their opinion.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#14New Post! Jun 20, 2013 @ 14:30:17
I wish to talk about our failing judicial system. I find it obscene that once an offender has been found guilty of committing a criminal act (esp an indictable offence) our entire judicial process becomes all about doing what's in the best interests of the offender. We don't want to incarcerate them if we can help it as doing so might effect their rehabilitation! If the offence is so serious we have to incarcerate them then we don't want it to be for too long lest we effect their rehabilitation. It's all about the bloody offender and stuff the poor victim, their family or society in general. Here is one of the most recent examples...

Last year an 18 yr old bloke went out in Sydney's nightclub district for the first time. He had barely left the train station before a gutless wonder king hit him. The result of the king hit was that the teenager fell to the ground and suffered severe brain damage when his head hit the footpath. This poor young bloke (Thomas Kelly) never woke from his coma and in the end his parents were left to make the heart wrenching decision to turn off their son's life support.

Now the tosser who hit Thomas has been caught and was initially charged with murder. As of today that has been downgraded to manslaughter (probably serve 18 months). This is despite the fact that his attack on Thomas was completely unprovoked and despite the fact that this same gutless prick had assaulted four other people on the same bloody night. It's a bloody disgrace. The coward who struck Thomas should be charged with murder and he should be given a min. 25yrs in prison. No parole (which shouldn't exist for anyone). You do the crime you do the time. And yes i have found the prick guilty even before his case has gone to court as the evidence is overwhelming and the gutless w**ker has already admitted to hitting Thomas and the four other people (in separate events but on the same night).

Where is the justice for Thomas and his family? What sort of a weak message are they sending out to others re the consequences of king hitting someone. Enough is enough.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#15New Post! Jun 20, 2013 @ 14:49:42
@shadowen Said

Good to see that Julia's desperate and pathetic attempt to spark a gender war has fallen flat and actually cost her votes. Her misandry is really wearing thin...

Julia Gillard has the distinction of being both our first female Prime Minister, and our most incompetent Prime Minister. Is it merely coincidence, or something else...
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...40 41 42 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs