Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Law

The Law vs. Police Policy?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#1New Post! Apr 22, 2011 @ 22:57:51
If you are the parent or the guardian of a person with a traumatic brian injury, & that child or person is in a depression, apparently the parent or guardian has no rights in any decision about why the person with a traumatic brian injury might say "I dont wanna keep living." There was a time when it wasn't "to protect & serve" like it says on every squad car the police with rediculous policy. A lawyer told me this is a violation of civil rights. It would fall under an illegal seizure. By law, a suicide threat in any way, shape or form is like me saying "I am going to murder [x]." I was also told the police men don't have an extra 5 minutes to look into facts. This is the 2nd time it's happened. This time, because the school gave punishment to our daughter for being late to school. fact is, her being late every now and then the school could have called us and we would have told them "this was arranged to be ok" "DO NOT PUNISH LYNN". lynn told the school, but they didn't listen. Luckily I did talk to the chief of police in another town. It's a small town. The chief has a brother-in-law with a brian injury. If I can't get the laws, but it's not really the law, if I can't get the police policy here changed, we need to move. Why the hell should police policy override, serve & protect the citizens? I would like to thank police chief Mike in a small town near us. He showed me there still are police departments with common sense. & while that town might be too expensive for us, if there's 1 police chief, there should be others. The deputy chief in this town said he would have to bring it to the city attorney to see if any arrangement can even be made.

So I guess the question is - why should police policy interfere with the law, civil rights, and some common sense?
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#2New Post! Apr 24, 2011 @ 01:31:08
The parents have no rights in the decision a child makes as to whether they live or die?
Since when?
Wasn't suicide against the law, last time I checked?

Further, if said person is suffering a brain injury; regardless that they may feel they want to die,, isn't it possible it's not really their true feelings even? But the injury driving them to feel such urges?

It seems to me to be a medical issue; and a serious one at that; but NEVER should there be an agreement for God's sake, to help a child take their own life!
I can't even begin to wrap my head around this!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#3New Post! Apr 24, 2011 @ 02:01:03
@sTreetAngeL Said

The parents have no rights in the decision a child makes as to whether they live or die?
Since when?
Wasn't suicide against the law, last time I checked?

yes, suicide is against the law.

Quote:

Further, if said person is suffering a brain injury; regardless that they may feel they want to die,, isn't it possible it's not really their true feelings even? But the injury driving them to feel such urges?

that is what a dr. told me.
and after the many talks lynn has had here with us, she says she doesn't think she would.
it uis more a venting on her part.
we still watch her very close till her mood is back to happy.

Quote:

It seems to me to be a medical issue; and a serious one at that; but NEVER should there be an agreement for God's sake, to help a child take their own life!
I can't even begin to wrap my head around this!

our plans are to keep lynn alive, not help her die.
her worst times are behind her.
those were when she was just starting to understand how much her life changed.
it happens as a person stops fighting back, and gives up.
those days i stayed up nights, my wife days.
after a bad day, i still stay up nights out of habbit.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! Apr 24, 2011 @ 02:04:20
@Willi Said

yes, suicide is against the law.

that is what a dr. told me.
and after the many talks lynn has had here with us, she says she doesn't think she would.
it uis more a venting on her part.
we still watch her very close till her mood is back to happy.

our plans are to keep lynn alive, not help her die.
her worst times are behind her.
those were when she was just starting to understand how much her life changed.
it happens as a person stops fighting back, and gives up.
those days i stayed up nights, my wife days.
after a bad day, i still stay up nights out of habbit.

All I can say is, thank God you guys are all close, and 'talk' your feelings out. Could be quite a scary situation otherwise.

You are all in my prayers.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Apr 24, 2011 @ 02:19:46
@sTreetAngeL Said

All I can say is, thank God you guys are all close, and 'talk' your feelings out. Could be quite a scary situation otherwise.

You are all in my prayers.

. thanks.
can you shot a prayer for the city and states attorney out here please?
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Apr 24, 2011 @ 02:22:14
@Willi Said

. thanks.
can you shot a prayer for the city and states attorney out here please?

Consider it done!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs