History

The Knights Templar.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
SugarcoatedStacie On March 15, 2010

Baltimore, Maryland
#31New Post! Nov 18, 2009 @ 19:43:51
Yes, the Templar's existed. They were warrior monks sent out by the Church to take back lands and push back attacks from the Turks (Muslims) They bulit a large group of warriors, monks and had worldwide pull. And yes, they were some of the first Europeans to become interested in banking and credit worldwide.
Their fortifications are beautiful, truly masterfull.
They threatened the Pope's power, yes. They began to yeild more power then the popes had intended- so the Pope said that they were heretics and commited several acts of sin (he said that their rites included blood-rituals, devil worsip and sodomy.) With these made-up charges the church launched a full scale attack on the Templar knights and did away with them ruthlessly and quickly. [Yes, this did happen on friday the 13th as the above poster said.]

Any myths about them and the 'Holy Grail' both in ledgend and in Dan Brown's novel the DaVinci code are however untrue. These knights did not protect the holy grail.

The History Channel has done a lot of really nice programs about them- ex. Lost World's episode The Knights Templar is available on DVD + they did quite a few things in reference to the historical accuracy of Dan Brown's novels, including one show proving using DNA evidence to see if the french Marovinigan kings could have orriginated in the middle east and could have been decendents of Jesus Christ.
roBingoodfElLOW On January 06, 2010
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#32New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 07:19:51
@SugarcoatedStacie Said

Yes, the Templar's existed. They were warrior monks sent out by the Church to take back lands and push back attacks from the Turks (Muslims) They bulit a large group of warriors, monks and had worldwide pull. And yes, they were some of the first Europeans to become interested in banking and credit worldwide.
Their fortifications are beautiful, truly masterfull.
They threatened the Pope's power, yes. They began to yeild more power then the popes had intended- so the Pope said that they were heretics and commited several acts of sin (he said that their rites included blood-rituals, devil worsip and sodomy.) With these made-up charges the church launched a full scale attack on the Templar knights and did away with them ruthlessly and quickly. [Yes, this did happen on friday the 13th as the above poster said.]

Any myths about them and the 'Holy Grail' both in ledgend and in Dan Brown's novel the DaVinci code are however untrue. These knights did not protect the holy grail.

The History Channel has done a lot of really nice programs about them- ex. Lost World's episode The Knights Templar is available on DVD + they did quite a few things in reference to the historical accuracy of Dan Brown's novels, including one show proving using DNA evidence to see if the french Marovinigan kings could have orriginated in the middle east and could have been decendents of Jesus Christ.

To correct you a little, they were not sent out by the church to take back the holy lands. Originally, they set themselves up to protect pilgrims along their way to the holy land, setting themselves up it is beleived in the ruins of the temple of solomon.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#33New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 07:24:04
@curiouskat Said

Did they really exist or is it all just a fairytale?

The only info i can find on them comes from Wiki or different religious sites, so im thinking i have nothing factual to work with here, what do you guys think??

Is their any proof of their existance that anyone knows of?

@WeNowSix Said

According to one of my grandkids, (therefore it must be true,

Post #11 has the basic truth of the Templars. They built castles, which one can go see if one has a mind to, in Europe and the Middle East, so they must have had large resources in labor and capital. The standard histories of banking don't mention Templars, so maybe they were not bankers in the modern since. Their power threatened the Pope. That was somehow the reason for their destruction, and that could be related to the fact that they don't have a place in our politically correct history.

WAS this gradkid named Ming?
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#34New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 08:10:07
Try this...

History KT.
SilentXSlaughter On February 27, 2011

lawrenceburg, Tennessee
#35New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 08:16:02
They did exist
they're also the reason friday the 13 is unlucky because on friday october 13th 1307 King Philip had all the knights templar in France arrested.
WeNowSix On January 05, 2011

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#36New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 09:15:49
@Erimitus Said

WAS this gradkid named Ming?

Yes, if I remember right, Britney, Lulu, Ming, and I ate Kunternal Kucky for lunch that day, probably original recipe. Somewhere between the coleslaw and the drumstick, we heard Ming's lecture. Britney and Lulu filled in the details.

Note: Kunternal Kucky = Colonel Sanders.
epicnessincarnate On April 06, 2010

who knows..., Australia
#37New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 09:25:52
@WeNowSix Said

According to one of my grandkids, (therefore it must be true,

Post #11 has the basic truth of the Templars. They built castles, which one can go see if one has a mind to, in Europe and the Middle East, so they must have had large resources in labor and capital. The standard histories of banking don't mention Templars, so maybe they were not bankers in the modern since. Their power threatened the Pope. That was somehow the reason for their destruction, and that could be related to the fact that they don't have a place in our politically correct history.

the reason they were destroyed was that the Knights Templar thought that the church had strayed from the original purpose and had become more of a business. seiing as the knights knew so many of the churchs secrets the church wiped them out.

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#38New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 09:35:02
I've always spelled Philipino with an F, Filipino or Filipina.

who knows..., Australia
#39New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 09:39:16
@WeNowSix Said

I've always spelled Philipino with an F, Filipino or Filipina.

Good to know.
Im fairly sure its ph but i cant be bothered with google.

Deleted

Anaheim, California
#40New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 09:47:36
@epicnessincarnate Said

Good to know.
Im fairly sure its ph but i cant be bothered with google.

I have always thought one should spell Filipino with a P rather than an F because that is the way Tagalog speakers say it. I think of myself as something of an expert on this subject because my son lived with a Filipino hooker during the Vietnam War. When he married, he and his wife lived with this rather colorful woman, known as Blizzard. She was not really Filipino, but rather Ifugao, which is (was?) a tribe of head hunters.

8)

who knows..., Australia
#41New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 09:50:52
@WeNowSix Said

I have always thought one should spell Filipino with a P rather than an F because that is the way Tagalog speakers say it. I think of myself as something of an expert on this subject because my son lived with a Filipino hooker during the Vietnam War. When he married, he and his wife lived with this rather colorful woman, known as Blizzard. She was not really Filipino, but rather Ifugao, which is (was?) a tribe of head hunters.

8)

Indeed. Have you ever attempted to sound cultured and then suceeded to the point that when you yell MOTHER f***ER! when you stub your toe people sorta go wait whaaaaaaat?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#42New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 09:56:16
@epicnessincarnate Said

Indeed. Have you ever attempted to sound cultured and then suceeded to the point that when you yell MOTHER f***ER! when you stub your toe people sorta go wait whaaaaaaat?

Can't say that I have
curiouskat On February 16, 2010

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#43New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 10:02:16
Its also been theorised that The Knights templar were arrested and disbanded on charges that were fabricated because the Pope was under pressure by the king of France (i think it was France anyway, but have dodgy memory so could be wrong) who wanted to go to challenge the king of England but knew that The Knights could/would finance and act in Englands defense

I guess we'll never know what really happened, probably because whoever it was that was writing the stories was not a friend of The Templars and would prefer they never existed
curiouskat On February 16, 2010

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#44New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 10:05:48
@WeNowSix Said

8)

What do Philipinos have to do with this??

@epicnessincarnate Said

I dont get it
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#45New Post! Nov 19, 2009 @ 11:26:46
They're the descendants of a secret group of the KT?
Your idea about the french king rings bells for me, I seem to recall reading that somewhere, how's that for a vague confirmation, lol?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs