The 'I Should Be Writing an Essay' Thread

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 14:35:47
So I am sure I am not alone in people who should be getting on with their essays instead of messing about on TFS (seriously my post count doubles during essay season) so I thought I would create a thread dedicated to us.

What are you supposed to be writing about, how much longer have you got to go and how much more fun does everything that was really boring a month ago seem now?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 14:42:13
I've actually just finished all of my essays for this year, but I really should be revising so I guess that counts.

It's Kant's deontology and a bit more on responses to consequentialism today. Consequently I've found going to Sainsburys to be a much more worthwhile endeavour.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 14:46:48
Not actually supposed to be writing an essay but I should be doing some kind of work, but I have nothing to get on with right now.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#4New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 14:48:33
I just tested to see if I could type with my nose.

I can, but not very well or quickly. That last sentence took about a minute to write.
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 14:52:15
I'm adding some final touches to my reflection essay right now.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#6New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 14:55:12
But yeah, I currently should be writing about 500 words on whether Locke believes colours actually exist or not.

This is my killer quote:

“to distinguish the primary and real qualities of bodies, which are always in them, from those secondary and imputed qualities”

Coupled with an earlier quote where he claims colours are secondary qualities. Only problem is he seems to contradict himself later on.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#7New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 14:55:31
@eternus_somnium Said

I'm adding some final touches to my reflection essay right now.

Reflection essay? What is that about?
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#8New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 14:58:55
@jmo Said

Reflection essay? What is that about?

Just reflecting on something that happened in my past and how I felt about it. Mine is on the 4 years I spent in band, playing clarinet.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#9New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 14:59:51
@jmo Said

So I am sure I am not alone in people who should be getting on with their essays instead of messing about on TFS (seriously my post count doubles during essay season) so I thought I would create a thread dedicated to us.

What are you supposed to be writing about, how much longer have you got to go and how much more fun does everything that was really boring a month ago seem now?

If it was not for the last minute nothing would ever get done.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#10New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 15:01:32
@eternus_somnium Said

Just reflecting on something that happened in my past and how I felt about it. Mine is on the 4 years I spent in band, playing clarinet.

Ah that sounds fun.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#11New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 15:02:16
@Erimitus Said

If it was not for the last minute nothing would ever get done.

True, this isn't actually due for a couple of weeks though, only problem is I have three essays due for the same time on the same date. Almost half-way through the second, so I finish this one and go on to do my third.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 15:05:13
I'm not doing an essay but I am doing some work from home typing stuff up. And I keep coming back to TFS because typing reams of text is f***ing tedious.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 15:05:29
I have no essays to write currently but I have a 500 word summary of two lesson observations to write up and I need to transcribe my recorded data for my research project.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#14New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 15:06:22
I'm working on a creative piece currently. I have five thousand words written, and my next two thousand are due by next Wednesday.

Either way, I consider it some of my best work because it's just as much about my writing style as it is about the subject. I'm attempting to co-currently use 1st and 3rd person POV with eventual use of 2nd person.

It's also a time period piece which is requires me to do dictation research quiet a bit as well as historical research.

I'm enjoying it, but I'm having trouble blending 1st person and 3rd person in one particular part and until I can effectively figure out how to do it, I can't seem to move past it.

So... maybe I can ask this question here.

Which is correct use of commas:

1)So why do you ask, am I quoting ...

or

2)So why, do you ask, am I quoting ...

I have a split decision between two people. To me, both work. I do not think commas are necessary after the so why because I don't think there should be a pause there.

Opinions?
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Mar 24, 2011 @ 15:11:40
@boobagins Said

I'm working on a creative piece currently. I have five thousand words written, and my next two thousand are due by next Wednesday.

Either way, I consider it some of my best work because it's just as much about my writing style as it is about the subject. I'm attempting to co-currently use 1st and 3rd person POV with eventual use of 2nd person.

It's also a time period piece which is requires me to do dictation research quiet a bit as well as historical research.

I'm enjoying it, but I'm having trouble blending 1st person and 3rd person in one particular part and until I can effectively figure out how to do it, I can't seem to move past it.

So... maybe I can ask this question here.

Which is correct use of commas:

1)So why do you ask, am I quoting ...

or

2)So why, do you ask, am I quoting ...

I have a split decision between two people. To me, both work. I do not think commas are necessary after the so why because I don't think there should be a pause there.

Opinions?

Or

So, why do you ask, am I quoting....
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs