The GOP's "adult" plan

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Apr 07, 2011 @ 15:13:11
Seriously folks. The GOP is trying to claim the dems are causing the government shut down?
Here is how this works for ADULTS.
The president submits the budget. The parties come to an agreement over what is best for each of their collective constituents (the american people and taxpayers).

Right now the tea baggers are trying to keep ANY debate and compromise from occurring and stating that was what that were voted in for. However what is apparently lost on the baggers is that the Dems were also voted in to do what the voters want.
Thus enters the compromises.
Make NO mistake- if the government shuts down and retards or sends the recovery backwards- it is COMPLETELY BECAUSE OF what the hostage held pubs the tea baggers have caused!

"Ryan is indeed breaking new ground…in brazenness. He is boldly (bravely?) reinforcing the fundamental stereotype of Republicans: Screw the poor, aid the rich. This plan is a full embrace of his inner Republican. Though it may be politically gutsy to call for altering a popular program like Medicare, it is hardly courageous to mug the poor and the elderly to underwrite a tax bonanza for the wealthy. The hosannas Ryan is receiving reveal the perverted perspective of much of the political class. He has declared class warfare on the have-nots. And for that, he is admired."
https://motherjones.com/politics/2011/04/paul-ryan-adult-budget
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#2New Post! Apr 07, 2011 @ 21:59:57
Why didn't the Democrats take care of this back in 2010 when they controlled both the House and Senate? You know, back when the budget was supposed to be passed.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#3New Post! Apr 07, 2011 @ 22:58:53
@fractal7221 Said

Why didn't the Democrats take care of this back in 2010 when they controlled both the House and Senate? You know, back when the budget was supposed to be passed.

The teabaggers were dipping their balls in hot water at the time, I do believe.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#4New Post! Apr 07, 2011 @ 23:36:51
@shinobinoz Said

The president submits the budget.

He must have submitted that, together with his birth certificate. Nobody can find either.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#5New Post! Apr 07, 2011 @ 23:37:40
@El_Tino Said

The teabaggers were dipping their balls in hot water at the time, I do believe.

The perfect diversion!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Apr 07, 2011 @ 23:38:22
This reminds me a lot of the current NFL impasse.

Both sides are pointing fingers of course on this.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#7New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 04:28:19
@fractal7221 Said

From whatI recall, the Dems were getting a lot of flack for "trying to push through changes before the freshman pubs were seated. So they punted. Sure wish they would have crammed the damn thing down the pubs throats when they had the chance instead of trying to play nice. Look what it's gotten them so far.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#8New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 14:33:38
@shinobinoz Said

From whatI recall, the Dems were getting a lot of flack for "trying to push through changes before the freshman pubs were seated. So they punted. Sure wish they would have crammed the damn thing down the pubs throats when they had the chance instead of trying to play nice. Look what it's gotten them so far.

When has a 'crat ever been "nice"?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 04:27:32
@hoppy Said

When has a 'crat ever been "nice"?

Sadly that is what is happening. The pubs control 1/3 of the power & got 2/3 of the compromises. Holding out just to defund Planned Parenthood and few other trivial costing programs because it does not fit their social ideology thus shutting down government at the suffering of our well earned money for soldiers and hard working government employees ultimately throwing a hugh setback to the just now reviving economy is just plain MEAN & STUPID all at once.
I'll not forget come election.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#10New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 04:52:31
@shinobinoz Said

Sadly that is what is happening. The pubs control 1/3 of the power & got 2/3 of the compromises. Holding out just to defund Planned Parenthood and few other trivial costing programs because it does not fit their social ideology thus shutting down government at the suffering of our well earned money for soldiers and hard working government employees ultimately throwing a hugh setback to the just now reviving economy is just plain MEAN & STUPID all at once.
I'll not forget come election.

Please don't pretend this is all because of those mean old (insert the other party here). The Government almost shut down because BOTH parties forgot how Democracy works. Though like I pointed out in the other thread, the fact they came to at least a temporary solution that prevents a shutdown means they can and do remember when they have to. This CAN be a good thing, but only if we refrain from playing the blame game and leave partisanship at home for a change.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 04:55:12
@crazylikeafox Said

Please don't pretend this is all because of those mean old (insert the other party here). The Government almost shut down because BOTH parties forgot how Democracy works. Though like I pointed out in the other thread, the fact they came to at least a temporary solution that prevents a shutdown means they can and do remember when they have to. This CAN be a good thing, but only if we refrain from playing the blame game and leave partisanship at home for a change.

OK, I'll go for that. The dems caved in on 2/3 of the packaged deal. Thus the pubs own at least 2/3 of the blame for holding it up- because they already had that agreement days ago.

McKinney, Texas
#12New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 04:58:28
@shinobinoz Said

OK, I'll go for that. The dems caved in on 2/3 of the packaged deal. Thus the pubs own at least 2/3 of the blame for holding it up- because they already had that agreement days ago.

You SAY you'll go for that, and yet you turn around and blame those mean old Republicans. Does this mean we should praise the Republicans for finding a solution that DIDN'T end in a government shutdown? Or is that too conflicting with your "us vs them" version of reality?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#13New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 05:03:43
@crazylikeafox Said

You SAY you'll go for that, and yet you turn around and blame those mean old Republicans. Does this mean we should praise the Republicans for finding a solution that DIDN'T end in a government shutdown? Or is that too conflicting with your "us vs them" version of reality?

The pubs backed down from their attempt to push a social agenda (which is a big difference from an economic decision). I'd chock that win up squarely on the side of the dems. The pubs just caused a stall tis all. I hope they never get to control the social agenda or the health & welfare one either.
That would put the usa back about 60 years.

McKinney, Texas
#14New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 05:12:42
@shinobinoz Said

The pubs backed down from their attempt to push a social agenda (which is a big difference from an economic decision). I'd chock that win up squarely on the side of the dems. The pubs just caused a stall tis all. I hope they never get to control the social agenda or the health & welfare one either.
That would put the usa back about 60 years.

Ah, I see. You found a way to keep things black and white despite the fact Washington actually did something good and prevented a shutdown both sides agreed would be a disaster. Both sides agreed enough to get a temporary solution. Both sides did good here. But nope, any good must have been because of your side and any bad is because of the "other" side. Democrats good, Republicans evil.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#15New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 05:18:00
@crazylikeafox Said

Ah, I see. You found a way to keep things black and white despite the fact Washington actually did something good and prevented a shutdown both sides agreed would be a disaster. Both sides agreed enough to get a temporary solution. Both sides did good here. But nope, any good must have been because of your side and any bad is because of the "other" side. Democrats good, Republicans evil.

Then the pubs should have done this days ago. What part of "the pubs were holding things up" don't you comprehend?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs