Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 · >>
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#1New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 04:21:33
What's at stake?
Here the President is spot on. Can anyone really argue against this reasoning?
"This country now possesses the strongest credit in the world. The full consequences of a default -- or even the serious prospect of default -- by the United States are impossible to predict and awesome to contemplate. Denigration of the full faith and credit of the United States would have substantial effects on the domestic financial markets and the value of the dollar in exchange markets. The Nation can ill afford to allow such a result. The risks, the costs, the disruptions, and the incalculable damage lead me to but one conclusion: the Senate must pass this legislation before the Congress adjourns."

Defecit Plan - update

crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#2New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 04:34:19
Which legislation? There's like 3 plans circulating last I heard (though to be fair, I find economic stuff boring and don't really listen to it in the 1st place).
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 04:35:54
@crazylikeafox Said

Which legislation? There's like 3 plans circulating last I heard (though to be fair, I find economic stuff boring and don't really listen to it in the 1st place).

Mainly like the presidents message.

McKinney, Texas
#4New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 04:48:52
@shinobinoz Said

Mainly like the presidents message.

I'm sure you do, but I'm curious about which plan he's talking about.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 04:49:44
do they get paid overtime to save us money?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 04:51:23
@crazylikeafox Said

There are a number of plans. He is speaking about not raising the debt ceiling. Why not address that?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#7New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 04:52:10
@Willi Said

do they get paid overtime to save us money?

This will definitely costs us a bundle should they let the country fall into defaut!
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#8New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 04:56:39
@shinobinoz Said

This will definitely costs us a bundle should they let the country fall into defaut!

have the republicans budged from the don't raise any taxes thinking?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 05:23:49
@Willi Said

have the republicans budged from the don't raise any taxes thinking?

As far as I know- they have not.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#10New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 05:27:17
@crazylikeafox Said

The only 'plan' to be offered up for discussion is that of Paul Ryan, a Rep. Neither the Senate-, nor the House-Dems, nor the EmptySuit-in-Chief have put any plan on the table for discussion, but only spout about what would or would not be acceptable. They accuse the Reps. of taking a 'my way or the highway' stance, but that is also exactly what they are doing. The behavior is juvenile, and they all deserve to have their clocks cleaned. If it doesn't happen with a brawl in the streets, it will certainly happen with the next elections. The Senate (Mr. Reid) did not even allow the Cut, Cap and Balance (compromise) proposal come up for discussion, but rejected it, out-of-hand.

Obama has caused an increase in the national debt, within the 2.5 years of his term, of 4.1 trillion dollars, well in excess of the debt increases brought about by Bush or Clinton. The spending spree must be chopped. The country -- more specifically, this Administration -- has a spending problem, and the cure is to curtail spending. Not to do so will only artificially create their 'need' for more revenue. And while Obama claims he is not raising taxes on the little man in the street, his policies are adding costs to all sorts of commodities, making the little man on the street have to pay more...for less. The anger that ensues is verbal, right now, but wait until the little man on the street has been hungry for a few weeks... Things could get ugly, fast.

El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#11New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 06:23:36
Economists pretty much all agree that failure to raise the debt ceiling would be incredibly stupid.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 14:57:24
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

The only 'plan' to be offered up for discussion is that of Paul Ryan, a Rep. Neither the Senate-, nor the House-Dems, nor the EmptySuit-in-Chief have put any plan on the table for discussion, but only spout about what would or would not be acceptable. They accuse the Reps. of taking a 'my way or the highway' stance, but that is also exactly what they are doing. The behavior is juvenile, and they all deserve to have their clocks cleaned. If it doesn't happen with a brawl in the streets, it will certainly happen with the next elections. The Senate (Mr. Reid) did not even allow the Cut, Cap and Balance (compromise) proposal come up for discussion, but rejected it, out-of-hand.

Obama has caused an increase in the national debt, within the 2.5 years of his term, of 4.1 trillion dollars, well in excess of the debt increases brought about by Bush or Clinton. The spending spree must be chopped. The country -- more specifically, this Administration -- has a spending problem, and the cure is to curtail spending. Not to do so will only artificially create their 'need' for more revenue. And while Obama claims he is not raising taxes on the little man in the street, his policies are adding costs to all sorts of commodities, making the little man on the street have to pay more...for less. The anger that ensues is verbal, right now, but wait until the little man on the street has been hungry for a few weeks... Things could get ugly, fast.

Obama and the dems made drastic concessions that WILL HURT the little people. The pubs are the one's who won't budge.
THEY & THEY alone will own the countries default and the corresponding crash of world markets.
https://news.yahoo.com/phone-tag-wrong-numbers-collapse-debt-talks-060105421.html

McKinney, Texas
#13New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 19:10:58
@shinobinoz Said

There are a number of plans. He is speaking about not raising the debt ceiling. Why not address that?

It's kind of hard to address anything when I'm not even sure which plan he's talking about. It SOUNDS like he's talking about the Cut, Cap and Balance plan, but last I heard he flat out said he won't sign it. Then again, there's no rule that says he can't change his mind about something. If he has, then good I agree, the Senate should pass it. If he hasn't, then I'd like to know which plan he IS talking about.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 19:20:54
@crazylikeafox Said

It's kind of hard to address anything when I'm not even sure which plan he's talking about. It SOUNDS like he's talking about the Cut, Cap and Balance plan, but last I heard he flat out said he won't sign it. Then again, there's no rule that says he can't change his mind about something. If he has, then good I agree, the Senate should pass it. If he hasn't, then I'd like to know which plan he IS talking about.

Do you support the stalemate to the point of the country defaulting or do you see raising taxes on the wealthiest who made head way while the rest of the country fell behind as the pubs?

McKinney, Texas
#15New Post! Jul 23, 2011 @ 19:27:17
@shinobinoz Said

Do you support the stalemate to the point of the country defaulting or do you see raising taxes on the wealthiest who made head way while the rest of the country fell behind as the pubs?

I see the Cut, Cap and Balance plan as a reasonable compromise. I also see playing the blame game as completely counterproductive and a waste of time. What I'm most interested in, though, is if Obama changed his mind on said plan.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...13 14 15 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs