Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

The Copy Cat Soul

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#1New Post! Dec 30, 2011 @ 09:46:48
I think I brought this up here before but a friend of mine just reminded me of something that I think is important to point out.

He's began practising coming up with his own comic book like character designs and I was pointing out to him that it is often times hard to come up with something completely original because even though we think it is, we're just recalling what we've seen in the past, forgot about and are now adding our own spices to it.

This pretty much is how I see Religion, Philosophy and Conspiracy. Most of the sci-fi stories written are variations of suggestions handed to people via the different church organizations which teach different versions of conspiracy theory but still associating those different conspiracies with just the Bible.

Such as 'The Second Death' (for example) from the Seventh Day Adventists. Anyone associating what we know of the technology in our environment would come to the conclusion that this suggests that we are in a virtual reality or artificial simulation of a real world we have yet to see.

Now take this old idea from the Church and consider how many times artists have repeated this same concept in many different ways throughout movies, music, television and even children's puzzle books and cartoons and we're all buried up to our eyebrows in endless, mirroring, subliminal influence which resulted from an ancient text.

The problem I had when I was younger was that I thought that I was coming to conclusions about the secrets of life on my own not realizing that I was just rebuilding from memory and now making sense of all the propositional stories and lyrics in television shows and music.

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Dec 30, 2011 @ 10:00:44
And some people appear to do this intentionally.

MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 30, 2011 @ 18:04:15
@Electric_Banana Said

I think I brought this up here before but a friend of mine just reminded me of something that I think is important to point out.

He's began practising coming up with his own comic book like character designs and I was pointing out to him that it is often times hard to come up with something completely original because even though we think it is, we're just recalling what we've seen in the past, forgot about and are now adding our own spices to it.

This pretty much is how I see Religion, Philosophy and Conspiracy. Most of the sci-fi stories written are variations of suggestions handed to people via the different church organizations which teach different versions of conspiracy theory but still associating those different conspiracies with just the Bible.

Such as 'The Second Death' (for example) from the Seventh Day Adventists. Anyone associating what we know of the technology in our environment would come to the conclusion that this suggests that we are in a virtual reality or artificial simulation of a real world we have yet to see.

Now take this old idea from the Church and consider how many times artists have repeated this same concept in many different ways throughout movies, music, television and even children's puzzle books and cartoons and we're all buried up to our eyebrows in endless, mirroring, subliminal influence which resulted from an ancient text.

The problem I had when I was younger was that I thought that I was coming to conclusions about the secrets of life on my own not realizing that I was just rebuilding from memory and now making sense of all the propositional stories and lyrics in television shows and music.

In a sense it is a form of virtual reality, the real life is yet to come.
lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#4New Post! Dec 30, 2011 @ 19:10:05
The Circular Theory

, New Zealand
#5New Post! Dec 30, 2011 @ 20:50:21

Thanks, Lefty - I breezed throughout that article quickly - went a bit over my head but guessing that it's suggesting theory of the telepathic side of things which demonstrates that we are all sharing our thoughts on a mental level as well?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs