Racism

The Alt Right Rears It's Ugly Head

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 02:05:50
Emboldened by the election of Trump, we are starting to see more and more people come out of hiding to voiciferously, politically, and physically spew their bigotry towards others. No, Trump may not necessarily side with such views as theirs , but he has accepted their support, voiced inflammatory remarks against Mexicans, Muslims, and women himself, and has NOT done what a true example-setting leader should do: make a point of specifially calling out and denouncing such hate, as Obama so eloquently did in a tweet (yes, believe it or not, he uses Twitter too).

It is my hope that what happened in Charlottesville opens many more eyes and changes minds for the better, because it's recent events like these that I am ashamed of our "leadership", our country, and, for the first time, I am actually ashamed to be white.

And I really do hate feeling this way.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#2New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 04:12:13
This has been bubbling for years, nothing to do with Trump directly.

The true definition of white nationalism isn't about racism, it's more about embracing "white" culture and lineage and heritage and the preservation of it. People are getting tired of the blatant double standards in this country regarding race issues. The problem is is that the neo Nazi crowd and white supremacy groups sorta screw up the non-violent element of the movement.

I'm not supporting any of this and what happened in VA is completely unacceptable on every level. Just want to make that clear.

I personally feel a little annoyed when groups like BLM get a cart blanche free pass. There are people in what could be loosely called their leadership that have expressed some of the most racist and horrible things and they protest all day and night and ya hardly get any condemnation. White people doing similar things gets the most and vocal coverage.

CNN had some lady talking about hate groups and she studies them and she mention a few white group, but didn't bother to include some of the nastiness that BLM does and views they expressed.

It's like in some people's minds only white people are bad in this respect and that is the crap that I personally am getting a little tired of.

I strongly suspect the white nationalist crowd has similar views in that regard.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 12:18:55
Charlottesville was an intersection of the worst of both sides of the spectrum. The white nationalists will not ever enjoy a single syllable of support from me, obviously. But neither will throngs of people who showed up with clubs in hand to "counterprotest."

What's particularly disturbing though is that there are people among the white nationalist camp who will undoubtedly champion James Alex Fields as a hero of some kind.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 15:53:32
I wouldn't quite equate the BLM movement to the white supremacist movement. BLM protestors were protesting what they view as needless deaths at the hands of police, while white supremacists are protesting their own diminishing once-dominant status in society. One is protesting from a victimized standpoint while the other is protesting a loss of privilege. To me, the former is a much, much more legitimate reason for protest, even if unfounded in some cases.

Either can rightfully demonstrate though, of course. And I will agree that violence has no place among any kind of protest. Trump is correct when he states such.

However, Trump should have taken his statement a step further in setting an example as the white leader of the country where this occurred and denounced white supremacy and racism and settle that he does not believe in or any way support what they believe in. The fact that he hasn't has, in my opinion, failed white America in this regard, and is the reason I am ashamed. We need a role model in the face of our increasingly negative media image.

And, yes, we can blame the media all we want, but, to me, that is running up the wrong hill. The media is what it is and will always be what it is. Trump could have still played their game and done something to gain attention the right way. Instead, in not saying anything, he let the alt right movement win the coverage and image battle. Which is pretty much exactly what they wanted all along.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#5New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 16:23:09
I'm white.
I'm proud of what white folks have done to help humans live longer and better lives.
I think we as white folks should keep our heritage alive.
German and Austrian for me.
Italian and Irish for my wife.
as for far any side wackos, LET THEM PROTEST!!!
DO NOTHING!!!
They will go away after they beat their chests.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Aug 14, 2017 @ 22:25:27
@Ratty Said

The true definition of white nationalism isn't about racism, it's more about embracing "white" culture and lineage and heritage and the preservation of it.

That's pretty naive.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#7New Post! Aug 15, 2017 @ 14:33:20
@chaski Said

That's pretty naive.

Please explain

#8New Post! Aug 15, 2017 @ 14:43:53
@Willi Said

I'm white.
I'm proud of what white folks have done to help humans live longer and better lives.
DO NOTHING!!!

I cannot agree with the white supremacists and I cannot disagree with them because I have no idea what they are talking about.

I do, however, believe that they have a right to say what they think even when it is irrational.

There are races.

Premise: Caucasians are superior to Negroids and Mongoloids.

I see no justification for this claim.

The claim that Caucasians are superior seems to be a self evident basic principle that the supremacists believe needs not support.

How can we argue against an unsupported claim? Slane me dat!

#9New Post! Aug 15, 2017 @ 14:49:35
@Willi Said

I'm white.
DO NOTHING!!!

When asked for my race on the last census form I put down human.

I have to admit that I am ashamed of what Caucasians have done (and continue to do) to races/ethnic groups that they believe are inferior.

I agree that they have a right to express their briefs.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#10New Post! Aug 15, 2017 @ 15:04:19
@Erimitus Said

Please explain

As a starting point, the premise was incorrect.

a. "Definition of white nationalist: one of a group of militant whites who espouse white supremacy and advocate enforced racial segregation"

b. Definition of white nationalism: white supremacy.

c. The term was coined by white supremacy groups.

d. Wikipedia gives a more detailed description that kind of beats around a bit, but the core point is "They hold that white people should maintain their majority in majority-white countries, maintain their political and economic dominance, and that their cultures should be foremost.

e. Now one could go to "whitenationalism.com" and read what they say, which is basically propaganda down playing their agenda. Still the point comes out with this question/answer:

"1. Q. What is White Nationalism?

A. The idea that Whites may need to create a separate nation as a means of defending themselves."

They need to create a separate nation. However, the ones here in the USA want the USA to be that nation. They have no intention of moving somewhere else to create it. Here in the USA it could only be accomplished by removing, or at a very minimum, subverting all other races to white rule: apartheid.

f. The behavior of groups self identifying as "white nationalists" and/or "white nationalism" demonstrates racist behavior.

g. Clearly, I think, the "true definition" of white nationalism is about racism. By using the word "naive" I was trying to be less aggressive than I sometimes am.

Shall I continue, or do you get the point?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Aug 15, 2017 @ 15:57:08
"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion," Obama said in the message, quoting the late South African leader Nelson Mandela.

Obama's tweet garnered 2.3 million "likes," the third most popular of all time , according to the (FAKE NEWS!!) Twitter-tracking site Favstar. The message was retweeted 980,000 times.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-message-goes-viral-charlottesville-violence-202918081.html

That has really got to get Trump's goat

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Aug 15, 2017 @ 16:24:57
There is a sliver of reasoning in the back of my mind that questions:
Why do they want to remove the statues of General Lee, and other symbols that represent the Heritage of the south?

How are they any more offensive today than they were 10-20-30 years ago?
Or is it because more people FEEL OFFENDED by them now?

I don't live in the south, so I could be wrong here, but I haven't gotten the impression that growing up around a statue of a general or a confederate flag automatically makes one racist or support slavery. It is just a reminder of where you/your city/your culture comes FROM. It isn't a White Heritage, it is a Shared Heritage, past.

It just seems more and more that some people are looking for something to be offended by so they can cry out "My Feelings Are Hurt"

You can remember the past but you should also Embrace the Change and Progress. If you keep looking back, how do you know the way forward?

(if) I can trace my lineage back to some European tribes that were conquered and oppressed by the Ottoman Empire.
I want to start a movement to abolish the name Ottoman from any usage in the world and boycott any furniture stores that sell ottomans!!

On a smaller scale, I feel the same about the Cleveland Indians logo, and I've expressed my feelings on that.

Or maybe I'm just a stupid f***ing robot with no real feelings (aka American Psycho)

NE, Ohio
#13New Post! Aug 15, 2017 @ 17:04:39
Protesters pull down statue

Again - More BS.

Was every Confederate soldier, and all their ancestors White Supremacists?
Fight the right battle, not bronze, concrete and cloth.

The United Daughters of the Confederacy is probably just a cover for white supremacist terrorist hate groups! They should be abolished!!

#14New Post! Aug 15, 2017 @ 19:11:16
@chaski Said

As a starting point, the premise was incorrect.

a. "Definition of white nationalist: one of a group of militant whites who espouse white supremacy and advocate enforced racial segregation"

b. Definition of white nationalism: white supremacy.

c. The term was coined by white supremacy groups.

d. Wikipedia gives a more detailed description that kind of beats around a bit, but the core point is "They hold that white people should maintain their majority in majority-white countries, maintain their political and economic dominance, and that their cultures should be foremost.

e. Now one could go to "whitenationalism.com" and read what they say, which is basically propaganda down playing their agenda. Still the point comes out with this question/answer:

"1. Q. What is White Nationalism?

A. The idea that Whites may need to create a separate nation as a means of defending themselves."

They need to create a separate nation. However, the ones here in the USA want the USA to be that nation. They have no intention of moving somewhere else to create it. Here in the USA it could only be accomplished by removing, or at a very minimum, subverting all other races to white rule: apartheid.

f. The behavior of groups self identifying as "white nationalists" and/or "white nationalism" demonstrates racist behavior.

g. Clearly, I think, the "true definition" of white nationalism is about racism. By using the word "naive" I was trying to be less aggressive than I sometimes am.

Shall I continue, or do you get the point?

Thank you. I believe I understand.

#15New Post! Aug 15, 2017 @ 19:15:57
@mrmhead Said

Protesters pull down statue

Again - More BS.

Was every Confederate soldier, and all their ancestors White Supremacists?
Fight the right battle, not bronze, concrete and cloth.

The United Daughters of the Confederacy is probably just a cover for white supremacist terrorist hate groups! They should be abolished!!

I believe that at the time almost all whites considered themselves superior to other races.

This superiority was based on pseudoscience and that the Europeans had colonized most of the world.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs