That one member of your family...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 12:40:39
...who is completely up your ass.

I didn't realize that my dad's house phone number had changed (I usually just contact him via cellphone) so I texted one of my aunts to see if she knew what it was. I didn't hear a response, but luckily, my dad ended up calling me back anyway, so no big deal.

I woke up this morning with seven texts and two missed calls. Ranging from 11pm to 5am.. all by my aunt.

It went a little something like this:

"Sorry dozed off. Are you okay? Were you able to reach him? Anything I can do?"
"Please call me and let me know you're okay." (1am)
"I'm getting worried, call me!"
"Just call me in the morning and let me know that all is well."
etc. etc.

Jesus Christ, lady, all I texted was "Hey, trying to get in touch with my Dad. Do you know what the new house # is?"

I didn't realize that translated "I'm in terrible danger and I'm in need of immediate help."

It's the same aunt who texts/emails me multiple times a week with tips on pregnancy (she's never been pregnant), do's/dont's with pregnancy, and called me once at work to make sure I was telling my coworkers who smoke to wash there hands before they come near me after smoking.
She is totally up my a** with every aspect in my life and tried taking me away from my parents when I was a young child.. twice.

Neither of my parents are fond of her... actually no one in the family is too buddy-buddy with her. She's just too much in everyone's business and she wants to control and help everyone and everything.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#2New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 12:55:21
Lol. Sounds like my granny, but she's ridiculously sweet on top of it so we let her fuss. There's no way to stop her anyway.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 14:08:42
My grandmother can be a bit like that in terms of control. She's never had a proper career yet she thinks she knows everything about the careers I've thought about pursuing. Still, at least it shows that she takes an interest which, as one of 3 grandchildren, can be hard to achieve.

Nobody is that concerned when it comes to checking up on each other though, we barely know who's in the house half of the time
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#4New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 15:02:19
@Kristy69 Said

...who is completely up your ass.

I didn't realize that my dad's house phone number had changed (I usually just contact him via cellphone) so I texted one of my aunts to see if she knew what it was. I didn't hear a response, but luckily, my dad ended up calling me back anyway, so no big deal.

I woke up this morning with seven texts and two missed calls. Ranging from 11pm to 5am.. all by my aunt.

It went a little something like this:

"Sorry dozed off. Are you okay? Were you able to reach him? Anything I can do?"
"Please call me and let me know you're okay." (1am)
"I'm getting worried, call me!"
"Just call me in the morning and let me know that all is well."
etc. etc.

Jesus Christ, lady, all I texted was "Hey, trying to get in touch with my Dad. Do you know what the new house # is?"

I didn't realize that translated "I'm in terrible danger and I'm in need of immediate help."

It's the same aunt who texts/emails me multiple times a week with tips on pregnancy (she's never been pregnant), do's/dont's with pregnancy, and called me once at work to make sure I was telling my coworkers who smoke to wash there hands before they come near me after smoking.
She is totally up my a** with every aspect in my life and tried taking me away from my parents when I was a young child.. twice.

Neither of my parents are fond of her... actually no one in the family is too buddy-buddy with her. She's just too much in everyone's business and she wants to control and help everyone and everything.

YOU started it. Knowing she's that way, why in the world would you even contact HER? Aren't there any OTHER family members that you could've contacted?

Refrain from fanning the flames if you want the fire to simmer down.

J.R.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#5New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 15:37:40
That sounds like my mother in law. All you can do is behind her back and do what you want to anyway.
lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#6New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 15:47:21
that sucks, for me it was my mom always trying to tell me how to live. Then, she was never there for me when I needed her.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#7New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 15:52:32
Think we all know someone like that, unfortunately. I know someone ho thinks because I have a cell phone, I should be able to answer it whenever they call. They used to call, and call and call. They never understood you could be in the shower, busy or whatever, nope, IRS a cell phone so you need to always answer it. They finally stopped when I got so mad and flipped out at them.

I know someone else, good grief, you can't mention anything beyond a fluff conversation because they need to analyze all your conversation, examine it like evidence and never repeat a story and change one word because then you're a liar. I was interrogated once because I once mentioned something that I had previously forgotten. The drama
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#8New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 17:52:45
Then there's where the situation is reversed and you're the only sane one.
Carly's Mommy

#9New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 20:25:40
@JR_Sanford Said

YOU started it. Knowing she's that way, why in the world would you even contact HER? Aren't there any OTHER family members that you could've contacted?

Refrain from fanning the flames if you want the fire to simmer down.

J.R.

I truly (obviously naively) thought she would just text back a phone number and that would be it.

(BUT I did try another one of my aunts first, she wasn't home though)
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#10New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 21:31:11
She just sounds like a really caring person to me.
I think your hormones are making things get on your nerves more than normal, is all.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#11New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 21:32:20
Luckily, I have no one(that I can think of) like that in my family.
Carly's Mommy

#12New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 22:13:46
@sTreetAngeL Said

She just sounds like a really caring person to me.
I think your hormones are making things get on your nerves more than normal, is all.

In a way, yes. But even before I was pregnant she irritated me. My dad doesn't even speak to her anymore and she isn't allowed over my grandparents' house. That's how weird she is..
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#13New Post! Apr 25, 2012 @ 22:14:52
My mom's sister, my aunt. She's a stone cold b****!!!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs