Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#31New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:09:40
your just assuming.
if they were enabled to help themselves im sure they would, who would want to live like that? do you think these people are happy when a mother has to hold her dying child in her arms?
like i said, if they could help themselves why wouldnt they?
silentbob On November 17, 2007

manchester, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:11:16
@twiztidangel Said
more than just sitting here on your computer all day.

A little hypocritical don't you think...?

@twiztidangel Said
thats why you have people asking alot of other people to help them help those less fortunate.

I have helped out enough in my time, and will continue to do so. But when that comes to the point that it's all I do then I'm sorry but I want my own life. People need to help themselves, we can only do so much.
And in Africa only the politicians can sort that out.
silentbob On November 17, 2007

manchester, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:11:59
@twiztidangel Said
if they could help themselves then there wouldnt be poverty and people dying everyday.

Bollocks
Why So Serious?

#34New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:12:05
Quote:
A little hypocritical don't you think...?

i deserved that. sorry
catlady On March 26, 2010

, Washington
#35New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:14:02
Getting back to the main topic, thanks for posting that, Sara, because it really puts things into perspective. We are lucky to have what we do, and should try to help those who don't when we can. It shouldn't matter where they live if you can do something to make any amount of difference for somebody.
Why So Serious?

#36New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:14:57
thanks jess - i agree with you completely.
ketrino_wolfgirl On October 30, 2013

Ft Worth, Texas
#37New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:15:57
@twiztidangel Said
your just assuming.
if they were enabled to help themselves im sure they would, who would want to live like that? do you think these people are happy when a mother has to hold her dying child in her arms?
like i said, if they could help themselves why wouldnt they?

I'm not sure, not assuming. I don't know if they've tryed or not. Maybe all the will is gone from them because they did something that brought their country down so long ago.
Not to sound impassive about the situation, but I don't really care about those people. I hate the stupid comercials taking up my time. They annoy me. I'll probably never help starving people across the world. I'm not concerned about the health of humans somewhere else.

Ya know what I rather help than a bunch of starving people? ANIMALS!!
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#38New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:35:26
I'm just amazed at the selfishness...The blatent selfishness. I mean, I knew there were selfish people in the world, but I guess I assumed that those people were selfish in a self delusioned kind of way, like, "yeah, I wanna help, but...maybe later" kind of thing...but to have people look at those pictures, and then say blatently, "I don't give a damn, where's my steak?"...it's baffling.

In another thread, I said i didn't believe in outsourcing...well, I change my mind, those people need jobs and an economy, and hope. America has plenty of room to spare finacially compared to those places.
catlady On March 26, 2010

, Washington
#39New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:37:12

Very well put. I agree 100%.
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#40New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:39:23
If America helped, it would just be a matter of helping those and hurting the citizens. Not because America doesn't have enough money, but because the people with it won't give it up. Look at the millions spent on political campaigning (sorry, big peeve there). There are people who could wipe out the deficit in America but do not. America does not have enough money to make schools better because rich b****es keep it from the government, and the government keeps it from the people. America shouldn't help starving people - rich people with billions of dollars should.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#41New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:45:32
I'm not saying that it should be the government necessarily. I was talking about the people's individual attitudes. This country is a democracy after all. If the individuals cared, then it would become a part of the governments job because the goverment is supposed to act on the will of the people. Appearently the will of the American people is "ME!".
Take outsourcing for example. Not government related, but it does bring money to other countries that need it. But yet there are companies who refuse because it would be a tap on the American economy. I think people need to think more globally rather than locally.

I'm sure if one of those pictures was of you, or someone you knew, you'd sure give a damn.

Deleted

#42New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:47:28
I'm not saying I don't give a damn . . . I'm trying to stay out of the whole "caring" thing . . . I'm just saying that America itself should worry about itself first. Our whole system is f***ed up though. But even if the people did want it, this is a republic, and that means unless the fat cats in charge want it, it will not happen.
ketrino_wolfgirl On October 30, 2013

Ft Worth, Texas
#43New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:49:03
@shaggyjebus Said
I'm not saying I don't give a damn . . . I'm trying to stay out of the whole "caring" thing . . . I'm just saying that America itself should worry about itself first. Our whole system is f***ed up though. But even if the people did want it, this is a republic, and that means unless the fat cats in charge want it, it will not happen.

i think thats what alot of us are trying to say.

Let's just have G8 take care of poverty, ok, guys?

Deleted

#44New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:53:31
That's what they're for, I suppose.
essenceofjme On March 05, 2024
bread ends

f***ing, Morocco
#45New Post! Jul 12, 2005 @ 17:54:38
You know what..Im tired of ppl talking about those in Africa and the whole lets get together and defete poverty in other countries..screw that.I mean americans cant help themselves and they expect to help others..I do feel sorry for those who have to live in poor conditions i do really but honestly if i were them I wouldnt want donations or help from someone who couldnt help themselves..millions of ppl world-wide suffer from poverty i dont intend any offense but they put themselves in that position..goes to show you that one bad decision can be very costly .. If ppl today would just shut the f*** up and listen to what the person down the f***ing street is saying maybe they wouldnt have to go around pleading for others to aid those in need when the ones they are asking are broke.Dont even get me started on those who actually have money they are greedy and die rich they usually never contribute anything to society except for their political correctness and all that s***..If they maybe just gave 10 cents huh?nope they wont and it makes no difference anyways since the more you give the more they want...If you give a mouse a cookie...think about it really.I wont contribute jack when charity starts at home.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs