Telling a co-worker to 'f*** Off'

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 00:33:58
I could have gone into a long explanation of why I disagreed with their position and how their behavior and comments were unacceptable to me but I really couldn't be bothered as I'm pretty certain it would have fallen on deaf ears, so I decided to go with the more immediate, and, I believe, equally descriptive 'f*** Off'.

When asked by my manager to reconsider my reaction and whether an apology for my use of 'abusive and vulgar language' was warranted, I gave it some thought and have concluded that 'f*** Off' was exactly what I wanted to say and exactly the message I wanted to convey.

Should I apologise?
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#2New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 00:37:53
Only apologize if you mean it otherwise it'll be forced and fake.

Next time, maybe, reconsider using that word/language. It might be better off, not saying anything at all.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#3New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 00:44:12
Sometimes you say what you mean and mean what you say.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 01:59:22
i know from experience whether you are at a job or personal, it is better to apologize, in the long run. if you can afford to lose your job, then don't apologize. you really believe what you said, then you should quit or be fire. the mature thing to to sucks it up and apologize. hopefully, your boss will turn his or her cheek and look the other way. if your boss is smart enough, he should sit down with you and talk about it with you.
colonelbleep On December 15, 2015

, North Carolina
#5New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 06:19:51
Do what you feel. I take care of situations the same. No one is ever wrong, so...
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#6New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 06:58:45
@GeneticAnomaly Said

I could have gone into a long explanation of why I disagreed with their position and how their behavior and comments were unacceptable to me but I really couldn't be bothered as I'm pretty certain it would have fallen on deaf ears, so I decided to go with the more immediate, and, I believe, equally descriptive 'f*** Off'.

When asked by my manager to reconsider my reaction and whether an apology for my use of 'abusive and vulgar language' was warranted, I gave it some thought and have concluded that 'f*** Off' was exactly what I wanted to say and exactly the message I wanted to convey.

Should I apologise?

Just what exactly does "f*** Off" mean? Is "f*** On" the opposite meaning? I thing using the term "f***" in mixed company is inappropriate and an apology is in order.

Succumbing to using foul language demonstrates a lack of articulate (proper speaking) vocabulary.

J.R.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#7New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 07:09:02
Telling a co-worker to 'f*** off' is rarely a good idea. "Go forth and multiply" means the same, but sounds much nicer.
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#8New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 07:27:54
Yeah, not a good idea in a professional environment.
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#9New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 07:45:59
I think if some one is being an a*****e no matter what their position should be told so.Maybe say some thing else but let them know what they are doing is wrong. I mean if they are in the wrong then yes they should be brought down. I have told many-a-person what they were doing is wrong and thy needed to stop while ahead. I don't think I have ever said f*** off but hey if its all you could think of at the time. I know you were upset and rarely do we think clearly when we are upset. I hope you do not get fired over this
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 08:52:31
This is going to sound extremely arrogant but I've always just drowned people out and let them flap their lips.

It's hardly ever that I feel someone else on the same level with me so getting angry with them would be like toppling over an intellectual handicap in their wheel chair for slapping at me with their Smurf coloring book.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#11New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 13:41:59
You only said it was a co-worker, not someone who is your boss.

If it was just a co-worker, if they were mistreting you they had it coming.

Did they then go-a-whining to management?

I would have let management know though what they were doing to provoke me.
If you are to be reprimanded, so too should they be!
Management will probably tell them if you can dish it out be prepared to get as good as you give.

#12New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 15:13:22
@EoWyN Said

I think if some one is being an a*****e no matter what their position should be told so.Maybe say some thing else but let them know what they are doing is wrong. I mean if they are in the wrong then yes they should be brought down. I have told many-a-person what they were doing is wrong and thy needed to stop while ahead. I don't think I have ever said f*** off but hey if its all you could think of at the time. I know you were upset and rarely do we think clearly when we are upset. I hope you do not get fired over this

If someone is doing what you think is wrong, why not offer assistance? Show them your experienced way of doing whatever it is they're doing. Lead by example. If you feel the urge to belittle someone, perhaps you have been belittled yourself and are doing the only thing you know how, to process your internal view of your own self worth. By helping the wrong doers, you will help them, bolster your feelings of yourself and will gain respect from your peers.

P.S. No one is "being an a*****e" they're just "acting" like one.

J.R.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 15:16:13
There's a time and a place for that kind of language, I don't think the workplace is one of them imo- regardless of whether they deserved it.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#14New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 15:16:43
@JR_Sanford Said

If someone is doing what you think is wrong, why not offer assistance? Show them your experienced way of doing whatever it is they're doing. Lead by example. If you feel the urge to belittle someone, perhaps you have been belittled yourself and are doing the only thing you know how, to process your internal view of your own self worth. By helping the wrong doers, you will help them, bolster your feelings of yourself and will gain respect from your peers.

P.S. No one is "being an a*****e" they're just "acting" like one.

J.R.

Except the OP says this person's "behavior and comments were unacceptable to him." Which tells me the other person was the one initiating the ignorance.

#15New Post! Nov 01, 2012 @ 15:20:35
@sTreetAngeL Said

Except the OP says this person's "behavior and comments were unacceptable to him." Which tells me the other person was the one initiating the ignorance.

So, stooping down to their level is a viable solution? Rise above. You don't need to own whatever they say to you... unless it's true. What I'm saying is, demonstrate maturity in all situations.

J.R.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs