The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Tell me what you love about your country?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
madi On March 31, 2010

, Australia
#1New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:05:59
I'd like to learn a bit more about peoples views of their homeland.
I aways find it interesting when people talk about their personnal opinion of what they like or dislike about their country.

I'm from Australia and I'd have to say I hate the weather cause it's always so damn dry and hot. I wish it would rain forever and ever. It's against the law where I live to turn on your hose cause we are running out of water..and I live about 40minutes drive from Brisbane (which is the capital of Queensland). All our houses have water metres and the authorities charge us for any water we use and the price goes up and up all the time. I wish I lived in Tasmania where it's cold and wet.

What I love about Australia is the people. The laid back attitude and friendly people make it great.

(I hope this thread is in the right place. If it's not Sorry!)
emorock123 On February 02, 2019

, Australia
#2New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:08:21
I like glasgow for the Banter you get in like the pubs and everything. im sure you would like glasgow as it rains alot! i wouldnt mind going to australia its something iv always wanted to do!
madi On March 31, 2010

, Australia
#3New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:10:13
Glasgow sounds wonderful emorock123!! Pubs and lots of rain!!!
No wonder so many Aussies end up over there.
terriroty_gurl On September 21, 2008

Brisbane, Australia
#4New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:20:04
im from australia... i would have to say how we have no fukin water!!!

nah but i love the desserts... and the dessert flowers
treacle On July 11, 2009

B/Stoke, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:22:29
Country???

The wet, the green, the humour and the pubs
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#6New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:25:28
The one thing I hate about New Zealand is that the weather is so random.
By that I mean, you don't know whether (pun lol) to dress warm or cold, because even though it's raining, it could be really sunny in an hour.
So if you ever wake up to a beautiful day, you can't really assume it'll stay that way, sometimes it turns to s*** in as little as half an hour.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#7New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:30:38
I can list what i dont like...
yummyher On January 19, 2009

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:31:25
Well england's alright, sounds a bit like New Zealand.One day it can be really sunny the next it'll rain & rain.

I also like the way no one talks to each other, like on the bus or the train. If people were really friendly all the time that would annoy me.

I don't like the way there's nothing to do for anyone under 16.
I mean other than paying to do something like cinema, bowling or going round your friends house on a cold day there really isn't anything to do!
donna_j On January 29, 2008

Adelaide, Australia
#9New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:47:03
@madi Said
I'd like to learn a bit more about peoples views of their homeland.
I aways find it interesting when people talk about their personnal opinion of what they like or dislike about their country.

I'm from Australia and I'd have to say I hate the weather cause it's always so damn dry and hot. I wish it would rain forever and ever. It's against the law where I live to turn on your hose cause we are running out of water..and I live about 40minutes drive from Brisbane (which is the capital of Queensland). All our houses have water metres and the authorities charge us for any water we use and the price goes up and up all the time. I wish I lived in Tasmania where it's cold and wet.

What I love about Australia is the people. The laid back attitude and friendly people make it great.

(I hope this thread is in the right place. If it's not Sorry!)

I love our beaches! They rock! But I agree with you on the weather. When it's hot and dry it's horrible and when it's hot and humid it's worse haha.
becky_pepper On December 29, 2013

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:53:15
I used to live in the West Midlands, and I have to say, ok there are a few pubs and god knows how many clubs the people there are horrible! Graffiti, language, kids as young as 10 are drinking cider etc!

Though I'vemoved to Scotland and it's gorgeous, pubs and clubs, banter, everyone is genuinly great to see you! theres coutry side and of course a fair amount of rain, though usually at the moment the weather's been wonderful!

The air is fresher than down south too!
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#11New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:56:04
Ok the weather is terrible in Ireland but

we have beautiful countryside,
Fantastic Sandy Beaches,
very nice, friendly people,
lovely pubs, clubs, hotels all with excellent food etc,
a very colourful history,
a very colourful, musical/dance history,
We have our own language ( not very widely spoken)

We do have loads of fun and craic.
rosewillow On July 19, 2015

Deleted

, New Zealand
#12New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 09:56:51
@young_nick Said
The one thing I hate about New Zealand is that the weather is so random.
By that I mean, you don't know whether (pun lol) to dress warm or cold, because even though it's raining, it could be really sunny in an hour.
So if you ever wake up to a beautiful day, you can't really assume it'll stay that way, sometimes it turns to s*** in as little as half an hour.

I'm with you on that one. The other day I woke up it was super sunny I got ready and walked to the bus stop and while I was waiting for the bus it started hailing! New Zealand weather is mental!

I love New Zealand's beauty! It is an amazing country and I am always amazed at the beauty when I go for drives out of the city.

I also love the laid back people. New Zealanders are cool!
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 10:01:01
i like the cold, i love the winters in Scotland, couldn't imagine Christmas without it, it surely would be odd heading to the beach on Christmas it would make it feel too much like every other day. I also like the people in Scotland as on the whole they are pretty friendly bunch
albion69 On October 27, 2007

Deleted

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 10:10:49
Likes....the countryside is beautiful especially this time of year (Autumn) lots of gold and red in the trees , the humour.... to live in the UK you definitely need a sense of humour although the number of things we can laugh about seem to be reducing day by day ...(for fear of causing offence)

Dislikes......too many to mention and don`t want to sound like a whinging pomm
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#15New Post! Oct 23, 2007 @ 10:25:35
What do I love about Ireland?

It's heaven on Earth. That about covers it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs