Teens

Teen Pregnancy.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Laurette On December 30, 2014
Cracker, please.

North Yorkshire, United Kingdo
#1New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 21:40:04
I know this thread has probably been done to death but I heard something the other day and I had an urge to share it with you.

Because there was a silence and I felt like making conversation I asked my friend about her older sister that left last year, how she was doing and stuff eg: Is she in college. She said that her sister was going to college later on this year but now can't because she is having a child in May. This girl is probably 16 or 17 years old. I'm pretty sure it was not planned...

(If the child was planned)
I got to thinking, why do people have children at that age? they are throwing their lives away, instead of going out to college and uni they are at home looking after a child. I mean, maybe they want a child young so that when they grow up they can then have a life.

Anyone else here who had a child at that age, or are at that age and want to share their opinion? I'm not slating people who do have kids really young, I just want to understand why.
KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#2New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 21:41:59
Not accusing that person but most people who do that don't have much of a hope trying to further their education.
Asmodeus0girl On August 23, 2011

Pleven, Bulgaria
#3New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 21:43:17
Well I personally think that a good age for having a baby is 22-26. It troubles me that, at least here in BG, a lot of women have their first baby when they're over 30. It's not that they're too old, but I've heard that there is a higher chance of complications.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#4New Post! Jan 09, 2010 @ 21:47:18
@LAURETTE Said

I know this thread has probably been done to death but I heard something the other day and I had an urge to share it with you.

Because there was a silence and I felt like making conversation I asked my friend about her older sister that left last year, how she was doing and stuff eg: Is she in college. She said that her sister was going to college later on this year but now can't because she is having a child in May. This girl is probably 16 or 17 years old. I'm pretty sure it was not planned...

(If the child was planned)
I got to thinking, why do people have children at that age? they are throwing their lives away, instead of going out to college and uni they are at home looking after a child. I mean, maybe they want a child young so that when they grow up they can then have a life.

Anyone else here who had a child at that age, or are at that age and want to share their opinion? I'm not slating people who do have kids really young, I just want to understand why.

Girls who purposefully have babies young are trying to do one of two things (sometimes both):

A: they want the "unconditional love" a baby will give them. However, they don't consider that the kid will probably resent them in the future, especially if the financial situation was bad growing up.

B: they want to trap their boyfriends. Which is a b**** move.

either way, there's something not mentally right.

I want kids, but NOT right now.

Yah, s*** happens, but doing that s*** on purpose is messed up.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 10, 2010 @ 00:39:25
@Asmodeus0girl Said

Well I personally think that a good age for having a baby is 22-26. It troubles me that, at least here in BG, a lot of women have their first baby when they're over 30. It's not that they're too old, but I've heard that there is a higher chance of complications.

When you're 22-26, you're building your career, which is very important for a lot of women these days. Societies where women are educated, have careers and wait longer to have children tend to have a better infrastructure, economy and health sector. So in that respect, it's a much better system!

I don't know why people choose to have children at that age. When I was 16, I had a pregnancy scare. If I had turned out to be pregnant, I really don't know what I would have chosen to do. I don't think anyone can really say, unless they've been through it themselves.
curiouskat On February 16, 2010

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#6New Post! Jan 10, 2010 @ 00:49:54
I fell pregnant at 16.

Its not like i set out to do it on purpose (at least not consciously) but kristy is pretty spot on the mark with her first example.

It took me YEARS to admit it to myself, but my childhood had been so unstable, the adults in my life so unreliable, that i felt the need to create my own little family that i could have some control over.

I think this is the case for most of these girls.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs