The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Taxes are what make the poor, poor and the middle class poorer.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Jun 11, 2014 @ 17:45:56
Taxes are what make the poor, poor and the middle class poorer.

Much of our taxing system today involves tax on products. Goods and services taxes etc. These are regressive taxes.
As a percentage of income, the rich pay much less than the poor on such purchases and that is why such taxes are considered regressive.

Yet our government shamefully continues to increase their revenues through them. Our government is making our poor and middle class poorer, --- and our rich richer, --- intentionally.

Oligarchic profit taking. Insanity. What is wrong with all of us?

We should all realize that oligarchic rule is hurting us all by producing this immoral taxing situation. No pun intended.

--------------------------------

At one time, the only way to gain wealth was from taking advantage of the market place or labor. Our government has found a new way. Creating poor people through unfair taxation.

Is it not time to reverse this immoral taxing practice? Should we not end our shameful abuse of the poor, lower, and middle classes?

This question of course goes to the oligarchs who rule over us and I would personally put a please on this. Anything to move you rich to get rid of our regressive and immoral product taxes?

We as a nation should stop shooting our majority population in the economic foot?

Those feet comprise the lower and middle classes. The majority of the population, --- that presently sits and just takes it without even b****ing. What kind of nation have we created when we can close our eyes to immorality? Most will also miss the relationship of deciding who will be poor to eugenics. But this aside.

Do you recognize the immorality of our product taxing system, in terms of it taxing the income of our poorest citizens at a much higher level than the rich?

Do you recognize that your government is what is producing the spread between the rich and the poor?

Regards
DL
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#2New Post! Jun 11, 2014 @ 19:30:22
Exactly who are you talking to? Canadians? Canadians and Americans? Everybody?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#3New Post! Jun 11, 2014 @ 20:07:15
And here I thought it was stagnating wages and policy geared toward gross inequity.

Silly me.

Ottawa, Canada
#4New Post! Jun 11, 2014 @ 20:52:13
@someone_else_again Said

Exactly who are you talking to? Canadians? Canadians and Americans? Everybody?

Think global and all places that have GSTs or VATs.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#5New Post! Jun 11, 2014 @ 20:53:27
@LuckyCharms Said

And here I thought it was stagnating wages and policy geared toward gross inequity.

Silly me.

Would this not apply and add much to your gross inequity?

Regards
DL
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#6New Post! Jun 11, 2014 @ 21:07:33
@GreatestIam2 Said

Think global and all places that have GSTs or VATs.

Regards
DL

So how do we fund the following:

Education
Police and Law Enforcement (not fussed about prisons, let em starve).
Benefits for the weak, lame and lazy.
NHS (Not sure how health care works in your country).
Defense
Street Cleaners
Upkeep of public places.

Or do we just privatise everything?

If the rich pay for it all, then it is just more privilages for the rich and the middle class and poor have no right to the above, to me thats a worse system.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#7New Post! Jun 12, 2014 @ 00:27:50
@GreatestIam2 Said

Would this not apply and add much to your gross inequity?

Regards
DL

regressive taxes do contribute to inequity, and they way you have slanted and twisted the information in the op does make it sound like you are telling the truth, but since the government is mainly funded through income tax, a tax that has great potential to be progressive rather than regressive, your argument is weak. Now if you really want to look at a problem that is contributing to inequity, let's look at how the rich have manipulated people's emotions with their "oh poor me" attitudes to the point that they have turned even the income tax into a regressive tax by creating so many loopholes that apply only to the rich, that they end up paying less percentage wise than the poor. We need the government funded systems. Only a teeny tiny percent actually goes to welfare, and only a percentage of that amount goes to people who refuse to work but could, and yet the arguments are presented that this is why working people pay so much tax. It's lies. Sick and twisted lies.

Ottawa, Canada
#8New Post! Jun 12, 2014 @ 00:36:54
@Hypnotica Said

So how do we fund the following:

Education
Police and Law Enforcement (not fussed about prisons, let em starve).
Benefits for the weak, lame and lazy.
NHS (Not sure how health care works in your country).
Defense
Street Cleaners
Upkeep of public places.

Or do we just privatise everything?

If the rich pay for it all, then it is just more privilages for the rich and the middle class and poor have no right to the above, to me thats a worse system.

What does funding services have to do with the fact that the poor pay a higher percentage of their income for these services than the rich?

All GSTs could disappear tomorrow and then their funding would come from the income tax pool.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#9New Post! Jun 12, 2014 @ 00:42:07
@alk1975 Said

regressive taxes do contribute to inequity, and they way you have slanted and twisted the information in the op does make it sound like you are telling the truth, but since the government is mainly funded through income tax, a tax that has great potential to be progressive rather than regressive, your argument is weak. Now if you really want to look at a problem that is contributing to inequity, let's look at how the rich have manipulated people's emotions with their "oh poor me" attitudes to the point that they have turned even the income tax into a regressive tax by creating so many loopholes that apply only to the rich, that they end up paying less percentage wise than the poor. We need the government funded systems. Only a teeny tiny percent actually goes to welfare, and only a percentage of that amount goes to people who refuse to work but could, and yet the arguments are presented that this is why working people pay so much tax. It's lies. Sick and twisted lies.

So you do not like the truth that I give and want to go all over the map.

So start your own O.P. instead of trying to discredit this one with lies about my presentation.

Regards
DL
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#10New Post! Jun 12, 2014 @ 03:12:24
@GreatestIam2 Said

What does funding services have to do with the fact that the poor pay a higher percentage of their income for these services than the rich?

All GSTs could disappear tomorrow and then their funding would come from the income tax pool.

Regards
DL

taxing the millionaire $7 on a $100 purchase hurts them less then the poor family coming up with $100, plus another $7?

shhhhhhh.
the rich don't want folks to see it that way.

it's more of a communist thing the poor like.
we all pay the same.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#11New Post! Jun 12, 2014 @ 03:24:25
@GreatestIam2 Said

So you do not like the truth that I give and want to go all over the map.

So start your own O.P. instead of trying to discredit this one with lies about my presentation.

Regards
DL

Defensive much?

I assume by lies about your presentation, you mean where I say you have slanted and twisted information?

I agree with you that the government is creating and widening the gap. They do so by pandering to big businesses and giving them huge tax breaks while continuing to tax the middle class and poor. I pretty much said that.

I also agree that sales tax is a regressive tax. There is no arguing that it is. I agreed with you that these types of regressive taxes are making people poorer.

I extended that with pointing out that income tax could easily (and should) be a progressive tax (and it used to be!) but that laws are currently written in such a way as to make them into a regressive tax, which as you pointed out contributes to a widening gap.

Then I pointed out that you aren't exactly discussing the whole truth. I have a hard time calling something the truth if is leaving out huge chunks of pertinent information. For example, your op implies that taxes on goods and services are the primary way that the government gains revenue. That's misleading information. Income tax (which is not taxes on goods and services) is the primary way that the government (particularly if you discuss the US federal government) increases their capital. That tax is only regressive because of the pandering, not because income tax is inherently regressive. A well managed income tax would not contribute to people being poorer or to a larger divide between the rich and the poor. It contributes to public services that work for the good of all. The problem isn't the existence of taxes. The problem is the mismanagement of the tax codes.

If you don't like how I present the truth, then I'm quite open to discussing any actual information you can bring. However, if you only wrote this thread to get people to validate your opinion and agree with your every word, then I don't think an issue over taxes is really what is bothering you. In that case, go ahead and kick me off your thread again and this time I will go and let you be.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#12New Post! Jun 12, 2014 @ 07:45:36
@GreatestIam2 Said

Regards
DL

So when I got into a shop, how the hell is a shop attendant going to know my income.

By the way, Ive been short on money before. You know what I did, I bought CHEAP stuff.

And also if you tax the rich more than everyone else , then they they will just pack their bags and move to a different country. Some companies have already done that. Then there will be even MORE poor people.

What are you going to do then?

My view is, if I need more money, I need to make myself eligible for a better job. Simple really.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Jun 12, 2014 @ 14:18:47
So glad I don’t pay taxes, what, you don’t believe me? Just read the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. Where he clearly states that ALL increases in taxation on wages get passed onto employers in the form of a higher wage claim. Smith is clear, all taxation is a tax on profits!

Ottawa, Canada
#14New Post! Jun 12, 2014 @ 17:58:34
@alk1975 Said

Defensive much?

I assume by lies about your presentation, you mean where I say you have slanted and twisted information?

I agree with you that the government is creating and widening the gap. They do so by pandering to big businesses and giving them huge tax breaks while continuing to tax the middle class and poor. I pretty much said that.

I also agree that sales tax is a regressive tax. There is no arguing that it is. I agreed with you that these types of regressive taxes are making people poorer.

I extended that with pointing out that income tax could easily (and should) be a progressive tax (and it used to be!) but that laws are currently written in such a way as to make them into a regressive tax, which as you pointed out contributes to a widening gap.

Then I pointed out that you aren't exactly discussing the whole truth. I have a hard time calling something the truth if is leaving out huge chunks of pertinent information. For example, your op implies that taxes on goods and services are the primary way that the government gains revenue. That's misleading information. Income tax (which is not taxes on goods and services) is the primary way that the government (particularly if you discuss the US federal government) increases their capital. That tax is only regressive because of the pandering, not because income tax is inherently regressive. A well managed income tax would not contribute to people being poorer or to a larger divide between the rich and the poor. It contributes to public services that work for the good of all. The problem isn't the existence of taxes. The problem is the mismanagement of the tax codes.

If you don't like how I present the truth, then I'm quite open to discussing any actual information you can bring. However, if you only wrote this thread to get people to validate your opinion and agree with your every word, then I don't think an issue over taxes is really what is bothering you. In that case, go ahead and kick me off your thread again and this time I will go and let you be.

"Defensive much?"

Absolutely. I deal mostly with religious fundamentals and other fools.

This last improves greatly what you said before. Thanks.

It is true that the whole taxation systems need a lot of work. I just chose the most glaring and immoral part of it, --- but if people are not going to recognize that immoral part then going deeper into taxation would be a waste of good time.

Regards
DL

Ottawa, Canada
#15New Post! Jun 12, 2014 @ 18:01:56
@Hypnotica Said

So when I got into a shop, how the hell is a shop attendant going to know my income.

By the way, Ive been short on money before. You know what I did, I bought CHEAP stuff.

And also if you tax the rich more than everyone else , then they they will just pack their bags and move to a different country. Some companies have already done that. Then there will be even MORE poor people.

What are you going to do then?

My view is, if I need more money, I need to make myself eligible for a better job. Simple really.

This is not about you. And you are putting lies in my mouth.

Who said anything about taxing the rich more than anyone else?

Such imaginary thinking is what you need do think to post what you did.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs