Television

TV Series Recommendations

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Sep 20, 2017 @ 18:15:34
With the advent of smart TVs, Netflix digital, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and HBO Now, I have discovered and enjoyed several TV series that I wouldn't have otherwise. In fact, I find my love of movies has dwindled considerably, and I now find myself browsing and choosing series over cinema any evening when looking for something to watch.

Series that my wife and I have enjoyed the past few years (and completed) include Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Pretty Little Liars, the 100, Stranger Things, Marco Polo, the Last Kingdom, Narcos, Hand of God, Sons of Anarchy, Goliath, 24, Prison Break, Designated Survivor, Lost, Fargo, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, and the Handmaid's Tale.

Right now, though, with all of those series completed or on break, we are looking for new suggestions, hence this thread.

What TV series not mentioned above do you/did you enjoy and recommend?
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#2New Post! Sep 20, 2017 @ 18:35:40
Little Boy Blue
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Sep 20, 2017 @ 18:49:07
Eastbound and Down and Vice Principals are both hilarious. Danny McBride plays more or less the same character in both.

Shameless is AMAZING comedy/drama about a completely, fully, way way way f***ed up family.

The Blacklist is also very cool if you want to watch a good crime/espionage series and James Spader does an incredible job as Raymond Reddington.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Sep 20, 2017 @ 20:28:23
Fringe ***** (5 stars)
Haven - Not bad, light syfy/mystery
Torchwood (BBC, and ... Showtime?) - easier to digest than Doctor Who for newcomers (imo)

Stay away from The Dome - my current yardstick for bad TV.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Sep 20, 2017 @ 21:38:48
here is a list of tv shows that I enjoy some of these tv shows were fun, brilliant to watch in drama. I put a lot of tv comedy and drama shows on this list. I could later add more shows in this thread. this list below that I think really stick out on their own, really to watching. I been watching tv since I was a kid in the 60's to present. this list present the tv shows with the original premises, I like to think is more better tv shows now that are trying to copying on tv now with their own premises.

american horror story
get smart (1965)
la femme nikita (created to inspirited " alias ".)
leverage ( which was inspirted " hustle " UK version that is really good, I recommend to watch.)
monk
northern exposure
nip/tuck
oz
person of interest
the avengers
orange is the new black
parenthood (2010)
soap
cheers
taxi
wings
the drew carey show
all in the family
barney miller
night court
smallville
suits
white collar
rule of engagement
house
hill street blues
the wonder years
gilmore girls
buffy, the vampire slayer
orphan black
roseanne
downton abbey
house of cards
the twilight zone (1959)
breaking bad
cagney & lacey
everwood
mission:impossible
homicide: life on the street
Kolchak: the night stalker
lost in space
mr. robot
the o.c.
persons:unknown
quantum leap
the shield
the wire
spencer: for hire
xena: the warrior princess
the young riders
the prisoner (1967)
3rd rock from the sun
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#6New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 00:36:57
@mrmhead Said

Fringe ***** (5 stars)
Torchwood (BBC, and ... Showtime?) - easier to digest than Doctor Who for newcomers (imo)

I haven’t seen Torchwood, but I love Haven and Fringe
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 00:40:44
Here is a list of shows I like off the top of my head:

Salem (Netflix)
Rick and Morty
Power
Grimm
American Horror Story
Van Helsing (SciFi channel)
Sanctuary
Fringe
Suits
Haven
Stranger Things

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 00:55:56
@mrmhead Said

Fringe ***** (5 stars)

torchwood is on bbc America, I am not sure what happen tv show. I saw the whole series and the tv movies followed the series.

torchwood was pretty good at the beginning, I was ok that star character was a gay. the stories were getting really stupid and they were killing off a few main character or turn them monsters. really didn't to need do for the show, it was on the three seasons.

" under the dome " has good two seasons, then somewhere I watching the show, it went the wrong way. by the third season, before series finale. the show ratings were really bad, and it was cancelled before the third (series)season finale.

when you watched the third season finale, the finale was predictable, and very disappointed ending for pretty good storyline in the first season.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#9New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 01:46:14
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Definitely gives us more to check out.

And keep the suggestions coming. We never like to run out of things to watch.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#10New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 01:47:55
@mrmhead Said

Fringe ***** (5 stars)

Too late, we saw the Dome, and ended up watching the whole thing. I do agree it was pretty bad though. The first season was promising, but we should have ended it an episode into the second.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 02:24:01
speaking science fiction tv shows:

" continuum " was on for 3 years, It was a quire taste was really good show.

continuum

this how, I enjoyed watching during the same years as " fridge ". this show has a solid storyline and surprise excellent series finale, I have seen in years.

" fridge " is a pretty good storyline and I am not surprise this show doesn't have an cult following. I was a fan with of the show's first episode. the show was on five seasons. it hold your interest if your the original premise with time traveling. fifth season's storyline were ok, but it had a good series finale.

" salem " in many ways, was very original horror plot that I seen in tv show or movie awhile. the show was based on " salem's witch hunts ". in the three seasons was on wgn ( it was cancelled by low ratings ). I was a big fan of the show, it had a really pretty good series finale that made sense.

" haven ", another tv show, that had a original storyline for five seasons. in many ways, each season, was getting better until five season, the storyline was fall apart. the acting was much better, but the storyline was odd and strange that was the appeal of the show, that was pretty damn good. yes, I was devoted fan of the show.

" sanctuary " was four seasons. Amanda tapping ( sexy as hell, who is really a good actress to watch. ) was on " stargate sg-1 " for 10 years. ( around 4 to 5 seasons, Amanda was really looking.)

the first two seasons really had a solid storyline that pretty storyline. the show for some reasons that I really questions even today, what hell happen to the storyline. I remember the episode that storyline was soo stupid, I can't remember the storyline. it was three part story about sea monster. that this story destroyed the show.

" grimm " was came out of leftfield, it was a hit for nbc for six seasons. grimm is about a police detective beside his police duties as a hobby. nick goes around his small town hunting down monsters in his town. nick's talent was born with nick can look at you. he can tell you or he can see you are a monster or not. this ability that inherited by his family, nick is known as " grimm ".

grimm is a cult favor, I really impressive with as a big fan for six years. like " buffy, the vampire slayer ". not everyone like watching, but it has a large viewers watching. but, nobody admitted they are watching the show.

" vice-principals " like eagle said, it is very funny. I am a fan of this show. it about two vice-principals that both want power. their goals is one only thing, that to be principal at high school. the only thing in their way is each other.

this had two perfect actors playing the vice principals. hopefully, in the series finale, that one of them is the principal of the high school. they don't kill one or other. or they don't destroy the high school.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 10:26:34
Teen Wolf
Grimm
Once Upon A Time
Big Little Lies
An Idiot Abroad
Planet Earth 2

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 11:51:56
@Silver_Lining Said

Teen Wolf
Grimm
Once Upon A Time
Big Little Lies
An Idiot Abroad
Planet Earth 2

" once upon a time " is surprise how long it has last over the years. especially on sunday night. I have enjoy as a fan over the years, it stay originally with storylines. it is freshing to watch every week, how the writers combing both fairy tales and grim's fairy stories in present times. that are clever and interesting stories to watch.

" big little lies " is a brilliant tv mini series with a great cast and powerful storylines. a powerful storyline about " school bulling ". the series deal with abuse that should be address more in tv, as well, as in movies. I really enjoy the series, and looking for the second season.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#14New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 12:04:52
Two more SciFi
Charlie Jade - A detective/mystery spanning alternate universes here on Earth
Firefly - and it's movie companion Serenity
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#15New Post! Sep 21, 2017 @ 15:02:41
Sesame Street 1968 - 2000

ONLY
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>