Literature

Systematic Americanisation Of British Culture

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Arakasi On October 08, 2009

Deleted

Hull, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 21, 2009 @ 20:28:20
Hang on. Wait a minute, just one godamn... just one minute. I just typed in "Cars" on Youtube to listen to Gary Numan's "Cars", and just got page after page of a Pixar bunch of mash.

I'm prepared to allow the military history stuff being hijacked i.e. the movie The thin red line (google it, all American images), being a vietnam story, rather than actual Red Line at the Crimean War;

Or the idea that it was Americans that led a Commando raid to retrieve an Enigma machine to decode German signals and obliterate the stand off in the Atlantic, as portrayed in the film U571, when it was actually British marines, before the Americans even entered the war.

I can cope with all that.

But don't swamp my Youtube motherf***ers!

Seriously though; Lewis Carrol's The Wonderful Adventures of Alice in Wonderland is now being remade in the US, and Universal Studio's are creating an annex called The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Why the f*** aren't the UK capitalising on our amazing cultural output?

Don't know about you, but it feels like we're selling dreams on a street corner; "first come first serve motherf***er, get yo dreams for a dance..."
Halolahal On September 30, 2009

The Island, Australia
#2New Post! Sep 21, 2009 @ 20:34:30
I agree with you to a certain extent, it's the same in Australia. But the States has alot to export also it was Americans who created youtube so if they want to swap their own site - let them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs