Syrian activists: 200 dead in government assault

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Feb 04, 2012 @ 18:34:10
Quote:
The government denied the assault, saying the reports are part of a "hysterical campaign" of incitement by armed groups against Syria, meant to be exploited at the U.N. Security Council as it prepares to vote on a draft resolution backing an Arab call for President Bashar Assad to give up power.

"We were sitting at home and the mortars just started slamming into buildings around us," said Mohammad, a resident of Khaldiyeh. "There was nothing that prompted it, not even protests… people are terrified today," he added by telephone.

Online amateur video posted by activists showed chaotic scenes in a makeshift clinic that appeared to have been set up in a Khaldiyeh mosque, the room filled with wounded men with gashes and broken limbs being bandaged. Several dead bodies are shown. In another video, fire ravaged a house that had been shelled, as people desperately poured water on the blaze.

The videos could not be independently verified.

The government denied the assault and said corpses shown in the amateur videos were of people kidnapped by "terrorist armed groups" who filmed them to portray them as victims of the alleged shelling.

https://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2012-02-03/syria-violence-homs-protests/52954522/1

I posted both sides of the story so people can make up their own minds as to who is telling the truth.
The Syrian government denies everything giving a story accusing armed kidnappers of having staged the whole thing for the U.N. Security Council .
Personally, IMO the 'staged by kidnappers ' story is pretty lame, to say the least.

Because the two articles are related
Obama urges international effort to help Syria

Quote:
It was the president's toughest words to date against the Syrian regime and was aimed at motivating the U. N. Security Council as well as allies around the world.

https://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/02/obama-calls-for-syrian-presidents-ouster/1?csp=24&kjnd=ZDo7DWd74Shpq0Fh5VlV%2B4XH0f6M9eKu3p9HrSS8xl2robZAud3wSXGl2Ylh7lHk-9222236e-5fa4-4739-b472-d086be8ef224_KR6ULbpKz2h%2BYQTZ1tpNWlqIid8ticrPt2nwvPfFuMVUiH4PL85erem9nE20aMmO

My goodness, who would have guessed that Obama could be so tough?

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! Feb 04, 2012 @ 23:32:50
I hope that we (the US) stays out of this ,we sure don't need another expensive war .
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 04, 2012 @ 23:34:51
I think Galastray is our "Man on the ground" for these stories.

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! Feb 04, 2012 @ 23:37:30
@Wheezy_Knight Said

I think you are right. I hope he will share his thoughts on what happened.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#5New Post! Feb 04, 2012 @ 23:43:12
@Wheezy_Knight Said

I hope it was that easy. I am just an opinion within a sea of opinions. There is no such thing called a consensus between us Arabs. No such thing.

Deleted

#6New Post! Feb 04, 2012 @ 23:48:35
@galasTAray Said

I hope it was that easy. I am just an opinion within a sea of opinions. There is no such thing called a consensus between us Arabs. No such thing.

Well I don't want to hear you say in your opinion the bomb in your garden may or may not have been dropped by [whoever], just get the f**k out of there if it gets rowdy.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Feb 04, 2012 @ 23:49:28
@galasTAray Said

With the way our media is about reporting facts I'm willing to bet that your opinion would be at least twice as factual as any reports we get here. With that said, if you could give us some insight about the overall situation we could get a better understanding of it all.
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#8New Post! Feb 04, 2012 @ 23:58:50
@white_swan53 Said

With the way our media is about reporting facts I'm willing to bet that your opinion would be at least twice as factual as any reports we get here. With that said, if you could give us some insight about the overall situation we could get a better understanding of it all.

I think if you watched some Al Jazeera English, you'd get some... factual information to get by on. None of their reporters are allowed into Syria and they've been caught lying several times, but they're still the best. Your media is on another planet, correct, and other stations like Russia Today and Press TV are biased against the West. Do not even think about Syrian media. That would just be silly.

I do what (I believe) the safest and smartest do. I don't take any sides and I take in all the information from all sides and try and build something from it. As you can see from my previous post, all I've so far been able to come up with is that it's way too complicated for me to come up with anything else. That's why I'm reluctant to take a stance on any of this.

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Feb 05, 2012 @ 00:41:58
@galasTAray Said

I think if you watched some Al Jazeera English, you'd get some... factual information to get by on. None of their reporters are allowed into Syria and they've been caught lying several times, but they're still the best. Your media is on another planet, correct, and other stations like Russia Today and Press TV are biased against the West. Do not even think about Syrian media. That would just be silly.

I do what (I believe) the safest and smartest do. I don't take any sides and I take in all the information from all sides and try and build something from it. As you can see from my previous post, all I've so far been able to come up with is that it's way too complicated for me to come up with anything else. That's why I'm reluctant to take a stance on any of this.

Thank you for the media info and as Wheezy said, be safe .

n/a, New Mexico
#10New Post! Feb 05, 2012 @ 01:04:01
Al Jazeera English is blacked out across most of US .

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/30/al-jazeera-english-us_n_816030.html

That must mean it has more to say that is factual then our gov. and media wants us to know. If it was telling all lies it would be front andcenter. IMO
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#11New Post! Feb 05, 2012 @ 12:19:14
@white_swan53 Said

Al Jazeera English is blacked out across most of US .

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/30/al-jazeera-english-us_n_816030.html

That must mean it has more to say that is factual then our gov. and media wants us to know. If it was telling all lies it would be front andcenter. IMO

White_swan looks like huffungton is talking about tv cable. Here's the link for Al Jazeera online

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! Feb 05, 2012 @ 12:43:57
@Forumless Said

White_swan looks like huffungton is talking about tv cable. Here's the link for Al Jazeera online

Thank you.
I found the newspaper , it's has so much news from everywhere that we don't see in our own papers, it will make your eyes crossed trying to read it all.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#13New Post! Feb 05, 2012 @ 12:49:13
Al Jazeera is easily the best source for news..f*** the BBC lol

Deleted

#14New Post! Feb 05, 2012 @ 12:56:06
@Wellard Said

Al Jazeera is easily the best source for news..f*** the BBC lol

The BBC is fast becoming a joke.
They've had to start "Balancing" all reports, which has the effect of confusing the f**k out of everyone.

Eg: Today Samoa bombed the crap out of Canada. Samoan officials deny that this incident took place.

Result, Confusion.
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#15New Post! Feb 05, 2012 @ 12:59:37
@white_swan53 Said

Thank you.
I found the newspaper , it's has so much news from everywhere that we don't see in our own papers, it will make your eyes crossed trying to read it all.

It's the site I prefer. They seem to cover stories with a little less sensationalism.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs