The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Suppose a family member made a TFS account.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#1New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:34:41
I know a lot of us keep TFS a secret from outsiders.
Some of us don't even tell our spouses or parents.
What goes on in here stays in here.

.......but what if by some chance your boss, spouse, a friend, an enemy, your mom or your mother-in-law found the site and joined?

Would you delete all your pictures and try to be a perfect stranger to them.
Would you threaten them with a PM saying "What goes on in TFS stays in TFS and if it doesn't I'll gut you like a fish"?
Would you take the more extreme route and delete your account?
Or would you embrace it?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:36:21
I'd delete any trace that it was me and ask those who know my name not to use it. TFS is my escape from the people I know, I'd hate to have to watch what I say on here in case anyone I know reads it.
Carly's Mommy

#3New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:37:31
@sister_of_mercy Said

I'd delete any trace that it was me and ask those who know my name not to use it. TFS is my escape from the people I know, I'd hate to have to watch what I say on here in case anyone I know reads it.

I'm the same way. I'd delete my pictures and make my journal private.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#4New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:37:55
My dad once went on the site out of curiosity. I deleted ALL my journals and photos of myself. He looked at the site and said "I don't get it, what's so good about it?"

I never, ever purposefully tell people I'm on here. This place serves as an escape from the real world and the social anxiety.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#5New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:38:35
I'd delete. Luckily, I can't think of any family member that hangs online. I'm the odd one in the family
Carly's Mommy

#6New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:41:50
I'm worried one of my aunts or cousins will find the site.
I'm already on the outs with my dad's family (long story) so I don't need them getting extra "dirt" from here.
they already Facebook stalk me and report back to my dad.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#7New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:44:12
@Kristy69 Said

I'm already on the outs with my dad's family (long story) so I don't need them getting extra "dirt" from here.

How mature of them
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#8New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:44:57
@Kristy69 Said

The second anyone says anything about me to my parents from facebook, or reports things to my parents. I block them. They aren't the neighborhood watch.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:52:42
@Kristy69 Said

Do they know about this site? It can't be that well known so unless they've checked your browsing history at some point I can't imagine they'd know about it.

That's not cool though, if they're that interested then surely the mature thing to do would be to ask you themselves.
Carly's Mommy

#10New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 13:56:51
@sister_of_mercy Said

Do they know about this site? It can't be that well known so unless they've checked your browsing history at some point I can't imagine they'd know about it.

That's not cool though, if they're that interested then surely the mature thing to do would be to ask you themselves.

I don't think any of them have ever checked my browsing history. They haven't been over my house in ages.

They'll bring it up to me in mean, conniving ways.
Like, Eric had a "Suggestive" hat on in one pic and they were like "Well he's no good for you because ____"
They also get on me for my "extensive foul language" ...I didn't know using "s***" once a month was extensive, but that's whatever.

I guess they don't realize I'm 18 and I really don't care.
I just blocked most of them so... I've left a few people I *think* I can trust. We'll see.
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#11New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 16:47:22
I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

In fact my mom did find my account once, when I was 15ish. I came home to find that she had apparently found my password in her key logger, and had signed in... then left the homepage open for me to find. At the time I was not supposed to be on Myspace because of her privacy concerns, and I guess she wasn't happy to find that I'd been on here.

I deleted my account then. I'd planned to stay away for a while but the next day I made this account and have been using it since then She never did say anything to me but it pissed me off for a while that she'd done that.
JorieJukebox On January 29, 2024

Right Here, Not There,
#12New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 16:54:13
I recently made a second Facebook page for a very similar reason I haven't told anyone IRL about TFS. I don't want to have to watch what I say, language or dishing, lol.
IDK if I'd delete photos and go incognito, or just delete. I don't think I have anything to worry about tho.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 16:54:14
I'd have to turn my level of awesome down to 99% just so they couldn't tell it was me.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#14New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 17:02:38
I would welcome them..

I don't say anything on here that I wouldn't say too their face.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#15New Post! Aug 29, 2011 @ 17:11:35
I don't take this place seriously enough to care if somebody else I knew joined up.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs