Suicide

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#76New Post! Mar 07, 2016 @ 02:57:43
@white_swan53 Said

I'm guessing that 'back in the day ' someone had way to much time and way to much imagination with very little or none medical knowledge of the human body . That's what I'm guessing all the 'heart sayings originated from .

I'l put my heart in it.
cause those with great heart are great people.

I'm still wondering if emotions effect the heart
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#77New Post! Mar 07, 2016 @ 03:17:11
@Willi Said

I'm still wondering if emotions effect the heart

probably as much as they affect the muscles in your legs or the organ called liver .
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#78New Post! Mar 07, 2016 @ 08:26:25
@mrmhead Said

Admittedly, I haven't read much of anything in this thread beyond my previous reply - way too f***ing much ....

But, I believe I assisted the suicide of my pet dog this afternoon by taking her to the vets. Not intentionally to put her down, but to see if there was anything more to be done with an arthritic, 14-yr old mutt with known liver problems that just started vomiting, refusing to eat or drink, and too weak to make it back into the house after wanting to go out.

Even the vet mentioned something to the effect "if she wanted to continue"

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Knowing that it is the right thing to do does not make it any easier.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#79New Post! Mar 07, 2016 @ 15:40:03
@white_swan53 Said

probably as much as they affect the muscles in your legs or the organ called liver .

now that you bring it up.
I felt weak in my knee when I felt shock.
lotsa knee sayings out there
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#80New Post! Mar 07, 2016 @ 17:38:05
@white_swan53 Said

isn't that an oxymoron ?
how can your dying and cause you to be living ?

I guess it is tough to live on dying on stage.
Mauve On March 24, 2024

San Antonio, Texas
#81New Post! Mar 07, 2016 @ 20:00:45
There are so many reasons to not commit suicide, but this did make me think of something really interesting.
So, back in May of 2015, my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend Jody committed suicide by self-immolation. For those of you (who probably already know what that means) who don't know what that is, it is suicide by setting oneself on fire. Yes, disturbing.
So, apparently Jody was a Buddhist. But according to REAL Buddhist rules (apparently... keep in mind I am not a Buddhist myself, so this could be a little bit off, but I'll do my best), apparently if you set yourself on fire in Buddhism, it makes for a more difficult reincarnation... that's what it said in the article her mother posted on her Facebook page after her death. I found it to be very interesting... because why on earth would someone do that to themselves if it goes against their own religion? I suppose it all boils down to how she was as a person: highly disturbed.
May she try to rest in peace.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#82New Post! Mar 09, 2016 @ 00:04:34
@shinobinoz Said

I actually find that thought comforting!

Idealistically it should be.

Empathizing with singer, however, there does come a time when people first
realize that their participation in this existence is about as useful to everyone else as diet water no matter their efforts or inventions.

, New Zealand
#83New Post! Mar 09, 2016 @ 00:06:45
@Mauve Said

because why on earth would someone do that to themselves if it goes against their own religion?

Buddhists consider eternal reincarnation here as 'eternal damnation'
The "Heaven" for Buddhists is non-existence also known as "Oblivion" or "Nirvana."

, New Zealand
#84New Post! Mar 09, 2016 @ 00:13:09
@Willi Said

finding a higher beings work here extends only as far as it is.

I'm not sure what you're saying

Are you saying that there is no proof of a higher intelligence than
the intelligence that developed the situation we're in now?

I would say the only appearance of that higher intelligence is the inner wisdom / understanding that this existence is wrong

AND

A higher intelligence giving a small few of us the knowing that using an intentionally stupid existence for reasons of mind-washing or rehabilitation is simple-minded as well.

Take the terrorists for example; the ones shooting everyone up. Are they the end all be all? Should we just sit on our hands and say they know best? Currently we don't have a say because THEY have the guns.

This is likened to 'currently we don't have a say because we are imprisoned.'

, New Zealand
#85New Post! Mar 09, 2016 @ 00:31:08
At the end of the day people will assess
how THEY benefit regardless of how much or little control they have
and they will weigh whether or not the positives are worth tolerating the negatives.

For me, I've seen everything in this life. Even if a simulation it is a simulation of the same concepts that would be found beyond this life.

Personally I haven't found the experiences this template offers to be of that much interest to be arsed to wake up each morning 'getting with the program' I don't belief the payoff is anywhere near worth the strife to earn that pay off.

The only reason I'm currently still around is it would hurt the feelings of two people if I were to leave.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#86New Post! Mar 09, 2016 @ 00:47:15
speaking of mythical gods:

if they were real. do think these gods would commit suicide like moral men would?

would you think these gods want to kill themselves. why gods want to this, are they are higher beings that have everything or anything , they would want to have.

even if these gods were alive back then, what they have to rule over even rome and greece had some much to offer or little offer a god.what could trigger a mighty god to commit suicide?

boredom. can a god feel bored? a god has everything. whatever he or she want to or wish, it is grant it.

why cause a mythical god to commit suicide?
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#87New Post! Mar 09, 2016 @ 00:58:04
@Electric_Banana Said

I'm not sure what you're saying

Are you saying that there is no proof of a higher intelligence than
the intelligence that developed the situation we're in now?

I would say the only appearance of that higher intelligence is the inner wisdom / understanding that this existence is wrong

AND

A higher intelligence giving a small few of us the knowing that using an intentionally stupid existence for reasons of mind-washing or rehabilitation is simple-minded as well.

Take the terrorists for example; the ones shooting everyone up. Are they the end all be all? Should we just sit on our hands and say they know best? Currently we don't have a say because THEY have the guns.

This is likened to 'currently we don't have a say because we are imprisoned.'

humans did everything but create the very nature we are a part of (life).
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#88New Post! Mar 09, 2016 @ 00:59:50
@Electric_Banana Said

At the end of the day people will assess
how THEY benefit regardless of how much or little control they have
and they will weigh whether or not the positives are worth tolerating the negatives.

For me, I've seen everything in this life. Even if a simulation it is a simulation of the same concepts that would be found beyond this life.

Personally I haven't found the experiences this template offers to be of that much interest to be arsed to wake up each morning 'getting with the program' I don't belief the payoff is anywhere near worth the strife to earn that pay off.

The only reason I'm currently still around is it would hurt the feelings of two people if I were to leave.

the strife is the journey you must learn to enjoy.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#89New Post! Mar 09, 2016 @ 01:06:18
would a mythical god sacrifice his or her life?

wouldn't a god be more human than a god. what could a human life mean to a god?

why did greeks and romans and other cultures need to believe their gods, even before they need to believed there was one god.

back then, everybody found out their false gods bleed red blood and died. these false gods do commit suicide.

i was more curious if back then how powerful or how human if there were really mythical gods.

what happen to them back then if they were real.

they commit suicide to protect themselves, let us wonder if there were really mythical gods?
Mauve On March 24, 2024

San Antonio, Texas
#90New Post! Mar 09, 2016 @ 01:25:59
@Electric_Banana Said

Buddhists consider eternal reincarnation here as 'eternal damnation'
The "Heaven" for Buddhists is non-existence also known as "Oblivion" or "Nirvana."

Good Lord.
Any way it goes, I'm glad I am not a Buddhist, and I am glad that I am not suicidal.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs