Suicide

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...6 7 8 · >>
Electric_Banana On about 9 hours ago

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 18:35:05
@twilitezone911 Said

just piss off society. the greatest revenge to society that society is stuck with you. and the society have to live with you alive.

To some extent some disclosed constituencies out there may be encouraging suicide and pulling aside a select few to bully whom they know they can get away with it.

So choosing suicide would be like enabling a way to make it easy to get rid of people after society has spent them.

Someone demonstrated to me years ago, however, that if the majority of people you are sharing a space with condone something as nasty as described above then there really isn't anything to stick around here for anyway; you're just holding tight to a treehouse filled with mean kids.

, New Zealand
#17New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 18:41:23

Ha ha 'The saddest day is the day I learned that life will still go on without me.'

I can relate but that's ego talking

Philanthropically (as well practically and logically )what one would ultimately want is to excuse themselves from the table and no one left eating to miss their company.

, New Zealand
#18New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 18:45:24
@Leon Said

You make life what it is.

I only agree with this to the extent that you can cognitively
try and make pretty the s*** thrown in your face.

However a good portion of us do not 100% control over our lives.

In order for us to have full control of our lives we would not have to depend on others for any reason;
neither depending on an employer to keep us on staff or depending on clients to use our services.

, New Zealand
#19New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 18:53:29
@Willi Said

if you end the program early, you get put into a harder program.
you also may not end others programs.
if you do, you make your program harder.

Have faith in yourself, Wili

You might break free of this evil program
and pull down the whole damned machine, once on the other side, freeing
everyone else.

Don't give into the schoolyard bully who tells you to give him your lunch money today or else he'll expect twice from you tomorrow; call his bluff and then kick him in the nads when he takes a swing.

And no, I'm not suggesting that you commit suicide but I am offering that dogma and coercion are tools used by entities of a much smaller vision and much less intelligence.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#20New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 18:57:20
@Electric_Banana Said

I am offering that dogma and coercion are tools used by entities of a much smaller vision and much less intelligence.

I love that those who believe in a higher power are considered dumb by those who don't. LOL

, New Zealand
#21New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 18:59:24
@Leon Said

The second sentence of what I said up there is key. I think that 99% of people who are unhappy, for whatever reason, can get themselves out of that unhappiness if they really put themselves to the task - whether it is simply a matter of changing perspective or whether it involves working several years in changing the situation they are in that causes the unhappiness.

It is only when you are in the other 1%, where you are in a situation where there is zero hope of ever getting out of the suffering that you are in, and this suffering overwhelms, or outright eliminates, all the other joys of life, then, would I say that, yes, unhappiness is a reason to end being.

There's something else to consider

I think it's been about five years now I've been saying on and off that I would like to find a quick and painless way out.

I never left, just kept growing more intelligent & enduring as I learned how to dodge around the crap tossed at me.

But

I've also been overcome with a lot more hostile/psychotic fantasizing and much less respect, value, concern and regard for life and others around me.

So sure, people can take the challenge instead of taking their lives but there's a good chance that even though they may come out on top a lot smarter and more resilient, they may not come out as better people.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#22New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 19:00:15
@Electric_Banana Said

I only agree with this to the extent that you can cognitively
try and make pretty the s*** thrown in your face.

However a good portion of us do not 100% control over our lives.

In order for us to have full control of our lives we would not have to depend on others for any reason;
neither depending on an employer to keep us on staff or depending on clients to use our services.

Having 100% control over our lives is not necessary to finding happiness. A certain percentage, yes, which is dependent on the individual.

, New Zealand
#23New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 19:04:31
@Willi Said

I love that those who believe in a higher power are considered dumb by those who don't. LOL

Wili - the higher power could be standing three feet away from me right now and it's world blocking my vision of it.

However that doesn't mean that higher power will always have an advantage over me/you.

Personally if one finds themselves trapped in a Cartesian theater it's time to start learning all those things Houdini knew.

, New Zealand
#24New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 19:07:32
@Leon Said

Having 100% control over our lives is not necessary to finding happiness. A certain percentage, yes, which is dependent on the individual.

Well...cognition

Like my current posts to Wili "Are you truly a prisoner under jurisdiction or a giant in a strange land temporarily roped down by it's pygmy residents?"
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#25New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 19:54:46
@Electric_Banana Said

Ha ha 'The saddest day is the day I learned that life will still go on without me.'

I can relate but that's ego talking

Philanthropically (as well practically and logically )what one would ultimately want is to excuse themselves from the table and no one left eating to miss their company.

I actually find that thought comforting!
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#26New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 20:16:15
most people or most young adults maybe both think, if they kill themselves. would the world knowing them passing or the world stop function without person in the living.

sadly, no the world and society will keep going and few will mark your passing. or nobody will notice your passing.

this process is not against you personally. how society accept your passing and the society simply goes function. because the society does accept you as a human being, about just a one. the society see all, not one individual. best way of looking at this way. from a quote from a famous vulcan :

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#27New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 23:12:18
@Electric_Banana Said

Wili - the higher power could be standing three feet away from me right now and it's world blocking my vision of it.

However that doesn't mean that higher power will always have an advantage over me/you.

Personally if one finds themselves trapped in a Cartesian theater it's time to start learning all those things Houdini knew.

imagine you are trapped in a room.
no way out.
death will soon happen.

what can you do?

stop imagining.

the world is a human design.
finding a higher beings work here extends only as far as it is.
Willi On August 21, 2018

northinmind,
#28New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 23:14:20
@twilitezone911 Said

sadly, no the world and society will keep going and few will mark your passing. or nobody will notice your passing.

those you hurt by doing it will remember you doing it forever.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#29New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 23:35:36
@Willi Said

those you hurt by doing it will remember you doing it forever.

that is sad part of the suicide, everybody is the victim, not the victim him or herself was. it too late by then.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#30New Post! Mar 05, 2016 @ 23:47:17
@Leon Said

The second sentence of what I said up there is key. I think that 99% of people who are unhappy, for whatever reason, can get themselves out of that unhappiness if they really put themselves to the task - whether it is simply a matter of changing perspective or whether it involves working several years in changing the situation they are in that causes the unhappiness.

It is only when you are in the other 1%, where you are in a situation where there is zero hope of ever getting out of the suffering that you are in, and this suffering overwhelms, or outright eliminates, all the other joys of life, then, would I say that, yes, unhappiness is a reason to end being.

Chapter one verse one of the Gospel of Leon...

1: 1 "You make life what it is"

First we might consult a dictionary and see what the term happiness symbolizes.

AFK [...] BAK

Happiness, according to the dictionary, is a state of being happy. Happiness is a state of being.

Now lets look up happy.

AFK [...] BAK

Happy is a feeling of pleasure.

Happiness can mean many things to many people. Do you agree with that definition?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs