Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#31New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:22:05
@pq Said
I'm not really interested in the war because of the Olympics. I haven't been interested in anything else besides the Olympics really. It's an event that comes once a year and I love it.

So if Russia started a war for media attention, they picked a bad time to do it by my book. I know there was a cease-fire that got ignored and Bush butting in when he has a war of his own to worry about. But I'm really not interested in learning too much about what's going on.

I don't think Russia started a war for media attention. That would make it one of the worst PR stunts in the history of man.

You don't care about the war because of the Olympics. Now imagine millions of people watching the Olympics, too busy to care about a superpower invading its neighbor. Wouldn't you say that Russia actually benefits from that?
pq On December 03, 2011

Deleted

Gainesville, Florida
#32New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:40:09
@erlend Said
I don't think Russia started a war for media attention. That would make it one of the worst PR stunts in the history of man.

You don't care about the war because of the Olympics. Now imagine millions of people watching the Olympics, too busy to care about a superpower invading its neighbor. Wouldn't you say that Russia actually benefits from that?

I was responding to the OP who felt Russia picked a stupid time to start a war. When the Olympics was going on.

I was being sarcastic but apparently that went over some people's heads.
hiro On October 30, 2008

Deleted

, Washington
#33New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:43:23
Russia never started the war...Georgia did....Russia will finish what they started

@pq Said
I was responding to the OP who felt Russia picked a stupid time to start a war. When the Olympics was going on.

pq On December 03, 2011

Deleted

Gainesville, Florida
#34New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:48:51
Well, who ever started it. It's all so out of left field to me. Hopefully that war proves to be more productive than the Iraq War.

What are they calling this war anyway? Russo-Georgian?
Erlend On July 29, 2009

Deleted

Troms?, Norway
#35New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:51:48
@pq Said

I guess it's easier to take something for stupidity rather than sarcasm. After all, we are talking about sports.
hiro On October 30, 2008

Deleted

, Washington
#36New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:52:20
They may call the war "Russia telling Bush to f*** off"

@pq Said
Well, who ever started it. It's all so out of left field to me. Hopefully that war proves to be more productive than the Iraq War.

What are they calling this war anyway? Russo-Georgian?
pq On December 03, 2011

Deleted

Gainesville, Florida
#37New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:54:12
@hiro Said
They may call the war "Russia telling Bush to f*** off"

Doesn't Russia do that all the time anyway?
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#38New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:55:14
I'd personally be more inclined to understand Russia's opinion if their government wasn't full of crooks like Putin.
hiro On October 30, 2008

Deleted

, Washington
#39New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 06:59:09
No Russia is the most successful military power of all history...study it.
Bush is trying to install missiles and radar and bring countries which border Russia into NATO.
Russia is giving Bush monkey the finger
Russia is telling Bush to f*** OFF!!

@pq Said
Doesn't Russia do that all the time anyway?
pq On December 03, 2011

Deleted

Gainesville, Florida
#40New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 07:02:19
@hiro Said
Bush is trying to install missiles and radar and bring countries which border Russia into NATO.
Russia is giving Bush monkey the finger
Russia is telling Bush to f*** OFF!!

Again Russia gives the US the finger all the time anyway. Russia, Venezeula, North Korea and Cuba all give the US the finger on a regular basis.

Interesting. So the next president might have Iraq, Afghanistan, AND this Russia-Georgia stuff to deal with. What an inheritance.
hiro On October 30, 2008

Deleted

, Washington
#41New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 07:04:38
I don't think Georgia will exist by then

@pq Said
Again Russia gives the US the finger all the time anyway. Russia, Venezeula, North Korea and Cuba all give the US the finger on a regular basis.

Interesting. So the next president might have Iraq, Afghanistan, AND this Russia-Georgia stuff to deal with. What an inheritance.
AgentSmith On December 25, 2008

#42New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 08:33:46
I got carried away
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#43New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 13:32:14
@pq Said

Might? U.S. already has forces there..

So much for no more conflict. I'm gonna be very upset if I get deployed there
bigbob On April 24, 2009

Bath, United Kingdom
#44New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 13:41:52
@hiro Said

Really?

Sweden
Japan
German
Poland
Afganistan
Chechnya

Yep all resounding wins.
sophie On November 16, 2008

Santa Monica, California
#45New Post! Aug 15, 2008 @ 13:46:25
@pq Said
Why would Georgia (a small country) start a war with Russia (big country)? It reminds a lot like the movie Wag The Dog. Or whatever movie it was where people fabricated a war to get people riled up.

I'm not really interested in the war because of the Olympics. I haven't been interested in anything else besides the Olympics really. It's an event that comes once a year and I love it.

So if Russia started a war for media attention, they picked a bad time to do it by my book. I know there was a cease-fire that got ignored and Bush butting in when he has a war of his own to worry about. But I'm really not interested in learning too much about what's going on.

Now it was interesting listening to some of the Olympic athletes from the 2 countries and hearing about the tension that is going on between the 2 countries because of the war. It's just sad that they have one more stressor during this time.

the olympic are once each FOUR years and not once a year, lady... you hsould keep yourself better informed..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs