Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#31New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 03:52:17
@shinobinoz Said

Things out of his control mind you. He is still going to be seen as a good president.

That's true to some extent, although, he is responsible for his encouragement of a thing that was never going to end well.
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#32New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 03:54:32
@bob_the_fisherman Said

That's true to some extent, although, he is responsible for his encouragement of a thing that was never going to end well.

LOTS of precedent for that though, if we dumped every politician for it we'd have almost none left.....hmmm, now there's an attractive thought!
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#33New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 05:16:20
They are animatronics and their scripts were never intended to be defeated.

Cartoons in a Cartoon Graveyard

I theory that if any of us were to break the mold and further the world in the intentional unbalance it is now that, we too, would remain nothing but animatronic shells repeating our folly through binary-scripting for as long as Earth still exists.

The Gigerbread kids adorning the witch's front lawn were the greediest who raided her house. She ate out there insides but left mocking imitations of their shells as ornaments.

Things which I can promise this world shall never get past:

-Law will always be in place of Balance
-War in place of Peaceful Diplomacy
-There will always be extremely rich mocking extremely poor
-You'll never get laid by anyone who truly gives a s*** about your personal heart and soul; Folks are only there for the money (most of them anyway) because many were turned into cartoons in past incarnations after they met certain selfish criteria.

Ain't no Jesus or Superman going to ever save this s***. The name of the game is to not become part of the ongoing mechanical mockery yourselves less we all eternally remember your selfishness as we pass by your electronic effigy in the ride whilst pointing, laughing and tossing our kids pooped diapers into the plastic scenery behind all that remains of you.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#34New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 05:21:53
Ask yourself why it seems most don't care to share or look out for one another..just find ways to sweep each other out of 'the competition' and into prisons...

Scripted muchly?

"Beedee beedee beedee indeed, Buck!"
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#35New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 06:40:38
@Marcussextus Said

Too flamin' right there mate!
I've had the misfortune to largely always live in "safe" Liberal electorates, my vote was thus utterly meaningless.
I think this sums it up succinctly...

I get the feeling now that all our votes are meaningless Marcus and it doesn't matter who we vote for.
Good Pic there mate,but you and I both know that voting for a minor party is also voting for Lib or labor the minor one's give their votes to them,so it's case of damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Adelaide, Australia
#36New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 06:48:00
@Electric_Banana Said

-You'll never get laid by anyone who truly gives a s*** about your personal heart and soul;

Now that's just sad if you truly believe it.

In the course of my life I've found more than one partner who I would claim refutes that, and I myself have cared a great deal for some of my partners in lust. During a recent Rip Van Winkle episode of mine my kids tell me that more than one of those women visited, and a couple were regulars, and they weren't there for money or anything else material, surely?
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#37New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 11:21:05
@shinobinoz Said

Things out of his control mind you. He is still going to be seen as a good president.

his approval rating hit an all time low of 40% three days ago. His low point three day average is 38%

George W's was 37.

I'm sure some people will see him as a good president but I think a lot of people won't.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#38New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 15:01:47
With the growth of instant news.The rush to be first. Nothing is off limits.We may never again Have a Washington. Lincoln, Churchill or Roosevelt. Now that historians Have paint a more honest and complete picture of them would we want to?

Adelaide, Australia
#39New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 15:07:47
But what is it exactly that makes for a good POTUS?
His personal popularity?
His effectiveness in getting his programs enacted?
His influence on national and/or international affairs?
I'd suggest that the answer to that question is akin to the old saying about beauty and the eye of the beholder, even decades or centuries later.
JFK seems to be widely considered a great one, but I'd say that's mostly because of the timing and style of his departure. If he'd remained for the full term he may well have alienated huge sections of the nation and without the shock and sympathy of his assassination, and all the media hype following upon that, he would not have achieved his 'sainthood", Speaking ill of the man and his foibles is now almost akin to blasphemy in many quarters, as far as I can see from down here under the planet.
Not being overly familiar with his time in office I'm forced to ask, what did he actually achieve ?
Did his achievements, if any, really qualify him for the adulation he now draws?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#40New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 15:27:05
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Only time will tell. The youth are fighting for it- it may well be a generation or more but it is a happening. The conservatives keeping trying to drag people backwards in most countries if you ask me.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#41New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 15:29:54
@Eaglebauer Said

his approval rating hit an all time low of 40% three days ago. His low point three day average is 38%

George W's was 37.

I'm sure some people will see him as a good president but I think a lot of people won't.

Over time given the depths of the issues at hand the full plate he has had for his entire terms I will still say the future will look back at what he's done for the long term with much kindness.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#42New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 15:32:30
@restoreone Said

With the growth of instant news.The rush to be first. Nothing is off limits.We may never again Have a Washington. Lincoln, Churchill or Roosevelt. Now that historians Have paint a more honest and complete picture of them would we want to?

@Marcussextus Said

But what is it exactly that makes for a good POTUS?
His personal popularity?
His effectiveness in getting his programs enacted?
His influence on national and/or international affairs?
I'd suggest that the answer to that question is akin to the old saying about beauty and the eye of the beholder, even decades or centuries later.
JFK seems to be widely considered a great one, but I'd say that's mostly because of the timing and style of his departure. If he'd remained for the full term he may well have alienated huge sections of the nation and without the shock and sympathy of his assassination, and all the media hype following upon that, he would not have achieved his 'sainthood", Speaking ill of the man and his foibles is now almost akin to blasphemy in many quarters, as far as I can see from down here under the planet.
Not being overly familiar with his time in office I'm forced to ask, what did he actually achieve ?
Did his achievements, if any, really qualify him for the adulation he now draws?

Both true. I look at the social movements going on around the world. Obama will be remembered for his support of inclusiveness & trying to get us out of the really really large messes Bush left behind that will take generations to clean up.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#43New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 18:28:36
@Marcussextus Said

He slept with Marilyn!

'nuff said
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#44New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 18:53:00
@shinobinoz Said

Only time will tell. The youth are fighting for it- it may well be a generation or more but it is a happening.

By "it" do you mean, Islam is rising again? If so, I agree. However, that is a thing that will not end well. At least, it never has before in the history of Islam. I see no reason it will suddenly change now.

@shinobinoz Said
The conservatives keeping trying to drag people backwards in most countries if you ask me.

Meh... any group that push any ideology as *the* truth are generally bad. Remember, last century is unique for two reasons. 1. the decline of religious influence, and 2. an unprecedented number of people killed by other people.

Any ideology is capable of being used for evil... including your pet.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#45New Post! Oct 18, 2014 @ 19:43:27
@bob_the_fisherman Said

By "it" do you mean, Islam is rising again? If so, I agree. However, that is a thing that will not end well. At least, it never has before in the history of Islam. I see no reason it will suddenly change now.

Meh... any group that push any ideology as *the* truth are generally bad. Remember, last century is unique for two reasons. 1. the decline of religious influence, and 2. an unprecedented number of people killed by other people.

Any ideology is capable of being used for evil... including your pet.

By it. I mean freedoms & progressiveness- that the backlash was severe is the normal reaction. dying ideas so long entrenched will fight back hard- we even see the right here not letting go regarding same sex, loss of religious importance, etc, etc. Glad to see those go.
I am assuming the Middle-east will eventually get there as well. Those taste of freedoms & dreams will not be extinguished so quickly.

You mean 1) the decline in religious influence, and 2 the unprecedented number of people killed by religious people.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs