Politics

Stock Market Crash

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#1New Post! Feb 28, 2007 @ 19:43:24
I see the news reports that stock markets around the world have gone into free fall with millions being lost by investors who have bought shares because of a few comments by the chairman of the US stock market.

I really do think that this system of valuing shares in such a manner is crazy. Those people who work as investors or in the stock market make fortunes in commisson as they buy and sell every share while the investors can loose all their savings.

Those that work in the business benefit from these scares when the number of transactions actually increase.

I've stopped investing in shares many years ago and now invest in property where I'm not paying a stock broker commission for looking after my money.
slightlybent On April 28, 2008

, Tennessee
#2New Post! Feb 28, 2007 @ 20:07:08
I agree it is ridicolous how the stock market is being affected by a few comments the chairman said.If I could I'd invest in realty myself.Best way to invest IMO.
pos On August 14, 2013

seattle,
#3New Post! Mar 01, 2007 @ 06:22:16
You can cut out the stock brocker and manage your own portfolio now for a few dollars a trade.

if you can't afford to lose the money, then don't play the stock market. No one is twisting their arms to invest
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Mar 01, 2007 @ 06:27:52
@bendover Said
I see the news reports that stock markets around the world have gone into free fall with millions being lost by investors who have bought shares because of a few comments by the chairman of the US stock market.

I really do think that this system of valuing shares in such a manner is crazy. Those people who work as investors or in the stock market make fortunes in commisson as they buy and sell every share while the investors can loose all their savings.

Those that work in the business benefit from these scares when the number of transactions actually increase.

I've stopped investing in shares many years ago and now invest in property where I'm not paying a stock broker commission for looking after my money.

No one in his right mind puts his "savings" into the stock market. These shares are pieces of companies. They represent the real and actual ownership of corporations. The corporation is only worth as much as the market thinks it's worth.

There are lots of things to invest in besides the stock exchange and real estate that are far less volatile than both of those.

Ownership of a company isn't the kind of thing you *buy* when you want to save your money.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs