#2New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 11:39:12
dont give em a reason
MoshaFreak On May 02, 2016

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 11:47:22
@dumdedum Said

It's just not right is it?

not if they try to take on the roll of your actual parent. but if you do bad and all they doing is looking out for you then its fine i think
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#5New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 11:47:55
@dumdedum Said

It's just not right is it?

step parents seem to think that they deserve the same respect as real or natural parents without ever earning it. they seem to think they have all powerful authurity and control over a kid or kids just because they are married to the real parent,and your right 'it's just not right'

@maximillion Said

dont give em a reason

sometimes getting out of bed in the morning 'gives a step parent a reason to treat someone elses kid like crap
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 11:47:59
I refuse to let my stepdad think that he is my parent.
dumdedum On July 07, 2009

-, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 11:50:53
@maximillion Said

dont give em a reason

Haha I didn't!
Do you remember when you were at home and the slightest thing got made into an argument where your mum and dad double teamed you? It's so petter an you know how hard it is to not give them a reason when your living in their space all the time.

Today my brother didn't clean the pots because he was told to 'clear up the table' and in our house that means take the pots to the kitchen as my other brother's job is normally to 'clear up' and he does that and them someone else washes them up. Because of this he didn't realize Dad meant for them to wash up and so he didn't do it. So he shouted and I defended him and because they knew I was right I got double teamed because I'd not done the dishwasher! (which my step mother brought up) It was 10 in the morning and I fail to see how I am supposed to automatically know when it's full seen as I was at work last night and didn't even know it had been used.

My point being my Dad is allowed to be a bit of a prick to me sometimes because let's face it - all parents are. There's no way they can feel in control and not be from time to time. But I think it's something only people with step-parents can really know - it's just not right when they do it. It doesn't feel appropriate.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#8New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 11:57:17
My dad liked getting married . I had 5 step mothers by the time I was 15 years old. Dad always 'teamed' up with the wife, and when them wives figured that out, life became s*** for my 2 brothers and me.
TrOoPeR On May 12, 2009

Deleted

london, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 11:57:48
My brother is a step dad! he doesn't tell his step kids off, if he has an issue, he tells the kids mum and she sorts it, as do the kids tell their mum if thay have issues! it works for them that way! they have a blissful household

-, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 12:01:30
@trooper Said

My brother is a step dad! he doesn't tell his step kids off, if he has an issue, he tells the kids mum and she sorts it, as do the kids tell their mum if thay have issues! it works for them that way! they have a blissful household

Yeah I thought that's how it would be! And it was until she started doing that. They're not even married as well. I don't even know her really we just live in the same house. It feels an attack on you when she does because it's like she's saying she doesn't like you rather than when my dad does it when it's just different. Although tbh he's being a bit of a d*** at the moment and because of her doesn't actually seem to care about us at all anymore. Whenever me and my brother need anything he gets my older step-brother to do it.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#11New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 12:06:48
@trooper Said

This is a first for me,, I had no idea there were mature adult step parents ,, those are some lucky kids .
TrOoPeR On May 12, 2009

Deleted

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 12:11:01
@iwannano Said

This is a first for me,, I had no idea there were mature adult step parents ,, those are some lucky kids .

the kids are older and the mum has high expecations! my brother is the most chilled person on this planet, he also has 4 kids of his own! he is a super dad and a natural comic
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#13New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 12:23:43
From experience unless a child is in harmsway, yelling is pointless. Granted, yelling is a lazy man's way of dealing with children. Once you embarrass or get a child or person's back up, all ears close, nothing good happens. I know many children suffer, but many step parents try their best. I defend no screaming parents, although in an exhausted moment, I'm guilty.

-, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 12:50:57
@readsalot Said

From experience unless a child is in harmsway, yelling is pointless. Granted, yelling is a lazy man's way of dealing with children. Once you embarrass or get a child or person's back up, all ears close, nothing good happens. I know many children suffer, but many step parents try their best. I defend no screaming parents, although in an exhausted moment, I'm guilty.

Yeah, I feel similarly about smacking kids. How on earth can it teach people that violence solves no problems if their parents use it for the same thing? It also teaches kids that every time they do something wrong they should be hurt, this promotes self-harm which is something no one wants for their kids.

However I guess shouting is hard not to do. It just annoys me that she did. It wasn't how this was mean to work and she doesn't even know me well enough to judge me like that. Because that's what it feels like.
MOAB On February 01, 2009

Deleted

Huntsville, Alabama
#15New Post! Jan 25, 2009 @ 13:11:04
They probably have a reason, if not buy some ear muffs.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs