The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Random

Stand up for what you believe in, or respect a persons's privacy?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#1New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:38:25
Someone is doing something that you strongly believe to be wrong, and strongly believe to be to the physical or mental detriment of an innocent party. It's not necessarily something that is against the law.

Stand up for what you believe, and for the innocent party, or respect a person's privacy?
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#2New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:42:10
I'm guilty of such actions and or words spoken without thought, and I WILL take this VERY good advice and from now on, staying out of places that can become too heated for me, and staying on the fun side of things, and to those I may of offended I apologize openly on this forum.
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#3New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:43:31
I tried that.............I was bullied at a work place for 9 months...........this person was approached 3X by our Head Office and told to immediately stopped.....................it just made her do it more.............I had a nervous breakdown....................she still works there.

sometimes standing up for what you believe in is bulls***!

Deleted

#4New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:44:18
@lilbear Said
I'm guilty of such actions and or words spoken without thought, and I WILL take this VERY good advice and from now on, staying out of places that can become too heated for me, and staying on the fun side of things, and to those I may of offended I apologize openly on this forum.

That wasn't really what I intended from this post. I certainly wasn't trying to tell people to mind their own business. I'm sorry if the post made you feel bad, that certainly wasn't it's intention.

It was actually seeking an answer to the question.
iliterate_enginere On February 12, 2010

Deleted

Wichita, Kansas
#5New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:45:06
well, if you mean if a co-worker is yelling and badgering another co-worker and causing a scene, then i'll tell the guy to calm down.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:45:17
Way too open ended a question.

Exactly the type that ends in people retreating to their corners and refusing to communicate.

Deleted

#7New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:48:12
@geneticanomaly Said
Way too open ended a question.

Exactly the type that ends in people retreating to their corners and refusing to communicate.

It's open ended for a reason.

I'm interested to know what people think is appropriate. I understand that there are degrees, which is why I qualified with "strongly believe to be wrong" and "strongly believe to be of detriment".

We're not talking about saying "shh" to someone who raised their voice in the library.

Deleted

#8New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:50:14
Edited original post to try to remove any suggestion that there is a "good" or "bad" response to this question.

Either is valid, and has merit. I'd just like to know how people choose.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:54:27
@stumblinthrulife Said
Someone is doing something that you strongly believe to be wrong, and strongly believe to be to the physical or mental detriment of an innocent party. It's not necessarily something that is against the law.

Stand up for what you believe, and for the innocent party, or respect a person's privacy?

Someone was b****ing about my friend and I turned round and told her that if she said one more word I'd thump her.

Does that count?
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#10New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:54:28
@stumblinthrulife Said
That wasn't really what I intended from this post. I certainly wasn't trying to tell people to mind their own business. I'm sorry if the post made you feel bad, that certainly wasn't it's intention.

It was actually seeking an answer to the question.

No need to apologize, you just made me take a good look at myself that's all, and it's a good thing cause I don't like to hurt other's no matter what, so you posting this is good

Deleted

#11New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:56:06
@kit Said
Someone was b****ing about my friend and I turned round and told her that if she said one more word I'd thump her.

Does that count?

Assuming that that means that you believe it to be appropriate to stand up and make yourself heard in situations fitting my description, then yes, it counts.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 17:56:56
Stand up for what I believe in everytime. I've just been raised that way.
BabyJane On July 08, 2014

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
#13New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 18:01:33
Stand up for what you believe in. Unless we're talking about something silly...like you don't believe in plaid and your friend is wearing a plaid shirt

A favorite quote:

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#14New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 18:01:34
I do strongly stand up for what I believe sometimes so much so that I don't know when to let go, but if it's something I believe in strongly I won't shut my mouth, but I never resort to violence and I try not to name call, I guess that's why I am very good at my part time volunteer work, I'm an advocate for certain Departments and Issues, so I guess you could say YES I do stand up for what I believe in a very loud VOCAL way, I thought you meant what one says to another on this site.Big difference.
arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#15New Post! Mar 05, 2008 @ 18:04:08
I would stand up for what I believe in and say somthing.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs