simplydreadful On October 08, 2008

#2New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 12:31:31
Amen to that!
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#3New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 12:34:46
7th you seem to have a curious idea that any group must have a head, or an evil council that dictates what all its members must to for the good of the special interest group.
like the masons you bring up now and again.

theres alot of groups that are just for like minded individuals to share ideas and make connections.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#4New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 12:41:21
I have met masons... they dont seem Dr evil to me... in fact i had a bottle of shampers off them..
simplydreadful On October 08, 2008

#5New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 12:42:12
theres alot of groups that are just for like minded individuals to share ideas and make connections.

I think he's referring to those groups who corrupt some politicians into serving the group instead of the people who elected them.
the7thdimension On October 22, 2009

los angeles, California
#7New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 13:01:37
@simplydreadful Said

I think he's referring to those groups who corrupt some politicians into serving the group instead of the people who elected them.

but if you wanna go even deeper, the people only had a real choice between a republican and a democrat. I don't think we as a people have ever ACTUALLY chosen our president. the DNP and RNP do that.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#8New Post! Sep 26, 2008 @ 13:01:40
just saying not everything has a complex agenda.thats all.
fractal7221 On November 08, 2012

Hubbard, Ohio
#10New Post! Oct 06, 2008 @ 05:36:44
Holy crap it must be the apocalypse since I'm actually about to agree with the7thdimension on this one.

Special interests groups are, by definition, opinions not shared by the majority of voters, else it wouldn't be a special interest, just the norm. When the narrow interests of one group exert their influence, the majority than suffers. This is typically bad in a democracy.

The founding fathers recognized this danger, and went at lengths to present the danger of factions (their word for special interest group). The solution for the time was quite ingenious. Allow many special interest of all type and opinions. The idea was no one special interest could exert too much influence when countless others were making their own demands.

I think these days the various special interest have started to align. There are the Christians, the environmentalist, the ACLU, and others that clump a bunch of special interests together for more bargaining power.
bigstu On October 07, 2008

brisbane, Australia
#11New Post! Oct 07, 2008 @ 10:50:33
@the7thdimension Said
The so called "special interest" groups that politicians belong to are terrible. These groups dictate policy, create and carry out agenda; whilst funding the news organizations to not mention their sessions.

There is no conspiracy except the ultimate conspiracy we hold over ourselves.
There is only mankind
and mankind will save himself when?
I sound almost Jewish! lol Stu
all good
the7thdimension On October 22, 2009

los angeles, California
#12New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 07:38:16
@fractal7221 Said
Holy crap it must be the apocalypse since I'm actually about to agree with the7thdimension on this one.

Special interests groups are, by definition, opinions not shared by the majority of voters, else it wouldn't be a special interest, just the norm. When the narrow interests of one group exert their influence, the majority than suffers. This is typically bad in a democracy.

The founding fathers recognized this danger, and went at lengths to present the danger of factions (their word for special interest group). The solution for the time was quite ingenious. Allow many special interest of all type and opinions. The idea was no one special interest could exert too much influence when countless others were making their own demands.

I think these days the various special interest have started to align. There are the Christians, the environmentalist, the ACLU, and others that clump a bunch of special interests together for more bargaining power.

that actually was ingenious. you'd think the solution would be more elaborate or complex, but no. even the toughest problems can be addressed with some common sense and wit. otherwise known as, street smarts.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs