Politics

Space Force

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#16New Post! Jan 23, 2020 @ 21:03:06
I have faith that if we get into some really deep s*** with aliens that The Doctor will save us.

I'm just not sure which one it will be.
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#17New Post! Jan 23, 2020 @ 21:56:55
General Kwast believes "that in the coming years, the number of Americans in space will grow exponentially." He says that the Space Force, as it operates now "fails to envision ... cities in space to be monitored and defended."

However, he does not expect the Space Force to deal with Little Green Men or other extra terrestrials.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#18New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 01:24:29
@Ghyda Said

General Kwast believes "that in the coming years, the number of Americans in space will grow exponentially." He says that the Space Force, as it operates now "fails to envision ... cities in space to be monitored and defended."

However, he does not expect the Space Force to deal with Little Green Men or other extra terrestrials.

Considering space force has only just been created, I guess it certainly does presently fail to envision cities in space... Something that we are clearly on the verge of having… Huge gigantic cities, probably the best cities ever, circling our planet, looking down upon the devastation that we humans have inflicted upon God’s creation... I think there’s a sci-fi TV show on this topic on AMC… But I can’t be certain.

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 02:29:04
@chaski Said

Considering space force has only just been created, I guess it certainly does presently fail to envision cities in space... Something that we are clearly on the verge of having… Huge gigantic cities, probably the best cities ever, circling our planet, looking down upon the devastation that we humans have inflicted upon God’s creation... I think there’s a sci-fi TV show on this topic on AMC… But I can’t be certain.

I think "The Expanse" had that setup. As well as the Martians- Humans from Mars and Belters - Humans from the asteroid belt.

I kind of think there may be a movie like that too.

Anaheim, California
#20New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 16:46:53
General Kwast does not mention fictional accounts of space travel, but a television show in the 1950's predicted many of the details. I'm not sure of the title. It was called Disney's Future Land or something similar. In the show, Wernher von Braun explained how a multistage rocket might lift a spacecraft into space, orbit Earth, go to the moon, and land like an aircraft on Earth. The spacecraft in the show looks a lot like the space shuttle.

Cities in space may seem unlikely in 2020, but space travel must have seemed unlikely 1920. Just flying an airplane around the world must have seemed impossible, but in 1924 airplanes did fly around the world.

Pioneers of Flight
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#21New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 17:29:43
@Ghyda Said

Wernher von Braun

I went to school with his son.

NE, Ohio
#22New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 17:54:15
@Ghyda Said

General Kwast does not mention fictional accounts of space travel, but a television show in the 1950's predicted many of the details. I'm not sure of the title. It was called Disney's Future Land or something similar. In the show, Wernher von Braun explained how a multistage rocket might lift a spacecraft into space, orbit Earth, go to the moon, and land like an aircraft on Earth. The spacecraft in the show looks a lot like the space shuttle.

Cities in space may seem unlikely in 2020, but space travel must have seemed unlikely 1920. Just flying an airplane around the world must have seemed impossible, but in 1924 airplanes did fly around the world.

Pioneers of Flight

Elon Musk does good rockets!

Just ask Trump:

KERNEN: Tesla's now worth more than GM and Ford. Do you have comments on Elon Musk?
TRUMP: Well -- you have to give him credit. I spoke to him very recently, and he's also doing the rockets. He likes rockets. And -- he does good at rockets too, by the way. I never saw where the engines come down with no wings, no anything, and they're landing. I said I've never seen that before. And I was worried about him, because he's one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius. You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison and we have to protect all of these people that -- came up with originally the light bulb and -- the wheel and all of these things. And he's one of our very smart people and we want to-- we want to cherish those people.

chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#23New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 20:51:06
@mrmhead Said

...we have to protect Thomas Edison...

Yes... there have been quite a few death threats targeting Thomas Edison since his death in 1931.

Anaheim, California
#24New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 23:14:49
@mrmhead Said

Elon Musk does good rockets!

Just ask Trump:

KERNEN: Tesla's now worth more than GM and Ford. Do you have comments on Elon Musk?
TRUMP: Well -- you have to give him credit. I spoke to him very recently, and he's also doing the rockets. He likes rockets. And -- he does good at rockets too, by the way. I never saw where the engines come down with no wings, no anything, and they're landing. I said I've never seen that before. And I was worried about him, because he's one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius. You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison and we have to protect all of these people that -- came up with originally the light bulb and -- the wheel and all of these things. And he's one of our very smart people and we want to-- we want to cherish those people.

@chaski Said

Yes... there have been quite a few death threats targeting Thomas Edison since his death in 1931.

If President Trump were a baseball player we would call it Yogism.

NE, Ohio
#25New Post! Jan 24, 2020 @ 23:14:53
@chaski Said

Meh ... I like geniuses that don't make mistakes.

Tommy boy made 99 light bulbs that Didn't work! I mean, how hard can it be?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#26New Post! Jan 25, 2020 @ 00:16:46
@mrmhead Said

Meh ... I like geniuses that don't make mistakes.

Tommy boy made 99 light bulbs that Didn't work! I mean, how hard can it be?

I like jeniuses. 😳
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#27New Post! Jan 25, 2020 @ 00:22:24
@Ghyda Said

If President Trump were a baseball player we would call it Yogism.

Yes.

Yogi Berra was a very good baseball catcher, manager and coach.

Trump was a very good real estate developer and mob boss want-to-be.

Both were/are linguistically challenged.

NE, Ohio
#28New Post! Jan 25, 2020 @ 00:57:28

I wonder if the Star Trek franchise got a copyright on their logo?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#29New Post! Jan 25, 2020 @ 01:34:39
I just saw that. The rodenbery estate/ family should file a s*** ton of law suits.

I don’t remember if Star Trek is under Disney (I doubt it but so much got bought up last year). The mouse and his lawyers are f***ing brutal when it comes to copyright/trademark issues. The send c&d letters all the time. They don’t f*** around.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#30New Post! Jan 25, 2020 @ 01:58:43
@mrmhead Said

I wonder if the Star Trek franchise got a copyright on their logo?

@DiscordTiger Said

I just saw that. The rodenbery estate/ family should file a s*** ton of law suits.

I don’t remember if Star Trek is under Disney (I doubt it but so much got bought up last year). The mouse and his lawyers are f***ing brutal when it comes to copyright/trademark issues. The send c&d letters all the time. They don’t f*** around.

One of the many problems is that Trump hasn't figured out that he is not on TV... he left REALITY TV for the real world... he isn't going to get a National Television Award... he isn't going to get an Emmy... TV ratings just don't matter....

Twit.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs