Sooo... Quick Question

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#1New Post! Apr 29, 2017 @ 20:53:35
... How in the f*** was SAUDI ARABIA voted onto the UN Commission on the Status of Women?!?!

How was Saudi Arabia voted onto a UN Women's Panel?

Belgium 'regrets' helping elect Saudi Arabia to UN Women's Rights Panel

@Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel Said
“If we could do it again and if we would have the chance to discuss it at government level, I of course would have argued that we not approve this,”

Seriously, this is the most ass-backwards thing I have ever heard in my life! Even more than that anti-environment dumbass Scott Pruitt, who actually sued the EPA 13 times now being in charge of it, or a f***ing Cheeto becoming president. What's next? The CEO of Nestle becoming head of water conservation? Pol Pot being posthumously awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his 'outstanding achievements in human rights and quality of life'? The next significant technological breakthrough that would help our species evolve and sustain itself in a more responsible and intelligent way being discovered by the insanely dynamic, wunderkind duo of Gary Busey and Snooki?

How in the hell could this happen? The most oppressive country towards women somehow has a say in what could be done for the betterment of women's rights everywhere. I just.... 2017 was supposed to be different. Not more f***ing crazy.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Apr 29, 2017 @ 21:46:25
Oil.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 30, 2017 @ 17:52:54
This beggars belief. Frankly, I'm stunned.

I wish I could stretch the imagination far enough to suggest that giving Saudi Arabia a place on the commission is an indication that they are about to make a sea change in their domestic attitude and policies, but I just can't. It isn't going to happen.

There has been no indication that the Guardianship laws are even under review let alone about to be repealed. Without that keystone change, any other amendments to Saudi law would not even be cosmetic. All they would be is risible.

Perhaps the only good that could come out of having a Saudi delegate on the Commission is that while he is there, the delegates of all the other countries can make their position known to him, and send him back to Saudi with a huge flea in his ear, to tell his masters that the world abhors their appalling practices.

Shamefully though, suspicion is falling on Britain for being a key promoter of the Saudi place. The Conservative government... Led by a woman, for goodness sake...!! is desperate to court rich nations for lucrative trade deals now that we are cutting our own throats by leaving the European Union.

Teresa May has promised a "Hard Brexit" and right now, we have very few friends in the world. Obama warned that "If Britain leaves the EU they will go to the back of the queue in trade deals with the US." Donald Trump's "America First" policy has left nobody here in any doubt that we can expect, at the very best, a few crumbs from the US table in trade negotiations.

The Commonwealth is not going to be the trade bonanza that Nigel Farage told the British voters was a shoo-in. India, China, Japan and others have been - at best - lukewarm towards British trade delegations.

The EU is starting to slowly but surely play hardball. The Scots WILL get another independence referendum and other problems such as the future of Gibraltar and the Irish Border question are not going to go away.

Britain is heading up s*** creek.

Last year, the British government refused to deny that it had backed Saudi Arabia's membership of the UN Human Rights Council, and a couple of years ago, Wikileaks (remember them..?) revealed that Britain and Saudi Arabia were in cahoots over that issue.

If there has been a moving force in the elevation of Saudi Arabia to the UN Commission on Gender Equality, then with the utmost shame, I must say that in all probability, the British government is likely to have had a major part to play in that.

With the Teresa May government likely to be returned to Parliament with a greatly increased majority in the forthcoming General Election, do not rule out anything in the future.

Things are descending into a horrible mess here and it's a mess of our own making. And the Tory government will stoop to any low for anything it can get.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Apr 30, 2017 @ 19:38:01
@psycoskunk Said
What's next? The CEO of Nestle becoming head of water conservation? Pol Pot being posthumously awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his 'outstanding achievements in human rights and quality of life'? The next significant technological breakthrough that would help our species evolve and sustain itself in a more responsible and intelligent way being discovered by the insanely dynamic, wunderkind duo of Gary Busey and Snooki?

How in the hell could this happen? The most oppressive country towards women somehow has a say in what could be done for the betterment of women's rights everywhere. I just.... 2017 was supposed to be different. Not more f***ing crazy.

El Chapo will be assigned to the ICE division that will oversee building of the boarder wall.

He has great organization skills, can get people to do things for him and has experience in construction.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#5New Post! Apr 30, 2017 @ 19:57:14
@mrmhead Said

El Chapo will be assigned to the ICE division that will oversee building of the boarder wall.

He has great organization skills, can get people to do things for him and has experience in construction.

Also ha has a lot of cocaine and really, who doesn't like a little coke now and then?
Funky-Footed Skunk

#6New Post! Apr 30, 2017 @ 23:59:02
@chaski Said

Oil.

Not that that's not a good idea chaski, but I don't see how women's wrestling could really tie into this. Also, kinda inapprops.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the deciding factors.

@mrmhead Said

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, I'm half-expecting a phone call from a well-known perfume company to inform me that they're marketing my foot stench as the hottest new cologne.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#7New Post! May 01, 2017 @ 00:00:32
@psycoskunk Said

Not that that's not a good idea chaski, but I don't see how women's wrestling could really tie into this. Also, kinda inapprops.

Ok... Unlike many on TFS I can admit when I am wrong.... it hurts and I cry but I can do it.

How about jello.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#8New Post! May 01, 2017 @ 00:09:16
@chaski Said

Ok... Unlike many on TFS I can admit when I am wrong.... it hurts and I cry but I can do it.

How about jello.

Now we're talking.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! May 01, 2017 @ 02:01:44
@mrmhead Said

Or the DEA.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#11New Post! May 03, 2017 @ 08:47:02
I don't see a problem with it. And to be honest I never thought I could ever agree with a western feminist on anything, but on hearing this news, I too began to chant:

Because Islam is like, literally, like the most feminist religion in like, literally the whole world of all time ever *gushes, drools* - we know this because we literally heard it on TV from a Muslim woman. I mean, sure, Muhammad literally punched his literal child bride in the chest for leaving the house without permission, but that's progressive stuff right there.

And yes, having the Sauds instructing us all on the proper way to beat your slave, sorry, wife (and molest a child according to the correct Islamic jurisprudence on these issues) will advance the women's equality movement no end. I can't wait. I think I have been converted to feminism. Allahu akbar, allahu akbar!

And let's be honest here, it is better to have the Saudis than the Iranis on the women's council. At least the Sauds wait til a little girl is 6 or 9 before molesting her (because that is what Muhammad did). The Iranis are way too impatient for those little girls and go for them when they are much younger (because Muhammad seems to have encouraged his followers to marry little girls too young to comb hair).

And now being serious for a moment: I have been saying for years the United Nations is a sick joke and needs to die yesterday if not sooner. This just proves it.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! May 04, 2017 @ 03:45:32
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I don't see a problem with it. And to be honest I never thought I could ever agree with a western feminist on anything, but on hearing this news, I too began to chant:

Because Islam is like, literally, like the most feminist religion in like, literally the whole world of all time ever *gushes, drools* - we know this because we literally heard it on TV from a Muslim woman. I mean, sure, Muhammad literally punched his literal child bride in the chest for leaving the house without permission, but that's progressive stuff right there.

And yes, having the Sauds instructing us all on the proper way to beat your slave, sorry, wife (and molest a child according to the correct Islamic jurisprudence on these issues) will advance the women's equality movement no end. I can't wait. I think I have been converted to feminism. Allahu akbar, allahu akbar!

And let's be honest here, it is better to have the Saudis than the Iranis on the women's council. At least the Sauds wait til a little girl is 6 or 9 before molesting her (because that is what Muhammad did). The Iranis are way too impatient for those little girls and go for them when they are much younger (because Muhammad seems to have encouraged his followers to marry little girls too young to comb hair).

And now being serious for a moment: I have been saying for years the United Nations is a sick joke and needs to die yesterday if not sooner. This just proves it.

And he's off yet again............
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 05, 2017 @ 04:20:02
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Which would achieve what, exactly..?

What would you replace it with, if you replaced it at all..?

And if abolished and not replaced, then how could any influence ever be brought to bear on the internal affairs of foreign sovereign nations whose internal belief structures / political policies and practices we (rightly) disagree with..?

Exactly what would we replace diplomacy with..?

I suspect your answer to the last question is likely to be to "bomb the bastards into oblivion." Please prove me wrong.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! May 05, 2017 @ 04:24:28
@Jennifer1984 Said

Which would achieve what, exactly..?

What would you replace it with, if you replaced it at all..?

And if abolished and not replaced, then how could any influence ever be brought to bear on the internal affairs of foreign sovereign nations whose internal belief structures / political policies and practices we (rightly) disagree with..?

Exactly what would we replace diplomacy with..?

I suspect your answer to the last question is likely to be to "bomb the bastards into oblivion." Please prove me wrong.

Bob is a pacifist anarchist!
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#15New Post! May 05, 2017 @ 14:46:00
@shinobinoz Said

Bob is a pacifist anarchist!

I could think of another description for that. But on this occasion, just this once, I'll keep my own counsel.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs