Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#106New Post! Jan 24, 2011 @ 20:24:48
@ReAdSaLoT Said

My choice of words should not have been ambulance. They use regular cars which cannot be unlocked by the patient.

No... If you place a call that a person have sliced their wrists or taken an unknown quantity of pills, it is an ambulance they will send. I was thinking of that situation still.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#107New Post! Jan 24, 2011 @ 20:27:10
@chisa96 Said

No... If you place a call that a person have sliced their wrists or taken an unknown quantity of pills, it is an ambulance they will send. I was thinking of that situation still.

Well, this thread has been pretty long, I can't catch everything. They have no choice in that situation. I'm soooo tired.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#108New Post! Jan 24, 2011 @ 20:33:56
@ReAdSaLoT Said

Well, this thread has been pretty long, I can't catch everything. They have no choice in that situation. I'm soooo tired.

Lol. Yeah, it has jumped around a bit, hasn't it?
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#109New Post! Jan 24, 2011 @ 22:55:29
@chisa96 Said

The automatic response is to curse any who so much as mention the attention-seeking aspect, but to actually go through something like that is absolute f***ing hell. And not many can come through hell and still look at it objectively from other perspectives.

I've gained a new perspective from reading your posts. I understand that dealing with a suicidal person is very hard. What I object to is someone who supposedly loves such a person telling them to go ahead and do it. That almost pushed me over the edge and I'm pretty strong willed. If my pain had been much worse, I might have done it by now.

It hurts me to hear about people ending their lives because I know they hit rock bottom and didn't know what else to do. My son told me that he's surprised I've been able to withstand all the pain that I have because there are people half my age killing themselves quite a bit.

I was mostly angry when I thought about my parents telling me to just do it so I ranted and cursed. I'm sorry if you or anyone else posting here thought that I was directing my comments at you. I really don't think anyone on this thread has told someone to end it rather than trying to help them. They're probably just voicing their frustration(s) as I have.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#110New Post! Jan 24, 2011 @ 23:30:57
@lil_bear01 Said

My psycho-ex used to use the 'suicide' line after every single beating which was over 10 times a day.

I finally snapped to my shame and grabbed a butcher knife and told him to 'do it' and quit talking about it.

I was under a mind f*** with his games and ended up being really 'numb'.

As for the people that find the victims of suicide, I can relate to their being angry. It's got to be very, very hard to find someone you love 'dead' by their hand.

All this talking will never change anything, but at least everyone is letting their feelings on the topic out and if anyone thinking about doing it is reading this in passing can get a perspective from every angle.

And by people, I mean the ones that want to commit suicide and all the other people that have dealt with the finding of a loved one that has committed suicide or just dealing with anyone having these thoughts.

Great topic with every type of view on it can be very helpful to even one person and to me it's great. For all we know someone has NOT committed suicide because of what they've read here today and someone that thinks it's selfish is re-thinking their views on the pain of such a person..

In a serious situation such as this (your ex beating you repeatedly (BTW, I'm so sorry you were hurt so badly over and over)), I completely understand you telling him to do it. He needed help and obviously wouldn't make an effort to get it as he continued to beat YOU and then feel sorry for himself. I'm sorry to have to say it, but I have no sympathy for someone like that and I'm glad you got away from him.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#111New Post! Jan 24, 2011 @ 23:58:37
@Mysteria Said

I've gained a new perspective from reading your posts. I understand that dealing with a suicidal person is very hard. What I object to is someone who supposedly loves such a person telling them to go ahead and do it. That almost pushed me over the edge and I'm pretty strong willed. If my pain had been much worse, I might have done it by now.

It hurts me to hear about people ending their lives because I know they hit rock bottom and didn't know what else to do. My son told me that he's surprised I've been able to withstand all the pain that I have because there are people half my age killing themselves quite a bit.

I was mostly angry when I thought about my parents telling me to just do it so I ranted and cursed. I'm sorry if you or anyone else posting here thought that I was directing my comments at you. I really don't think anyone on this thread has told someone to end it rather than trying to help them. They're probably just voicing their frustration(s) as I have.

I didn't think you were directing your posts at me, nor was I in any way excusing anyone who tells someone to go ahead and do it. I was just trying to explain one of the experiences that may lead a person to develop the opinion that it's about attention and feel compelled to vent about it, at least those who are not simply pricks and trolls.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#112New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 00:03:28
@chisa96 Said

I didn't think you were directing your posts at me, nor was I in any way excusing anyone who tells someone to go ahead and do it. I was just trying to explain one of the experiences that may lead a person to develop the opinion that it's about attention and feel compelled to vent about it, at least those who are not simply pricks and trolls.

I do respect and understand your point of view.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#113New Post! Jan 25, 2011 @ 00:36:42
@Mysteria Said

I do respect and understand your point of view.

Ditto.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs