Sports

Soccer or Football (American)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 16:26:39
Which sport do you think is better and why. Ironically I can't watch both sports without dosing off now. I don't want to sound stupid, but oh well. I enjoy the FIFA video games more than Madden. I tried learning soccer in high school, but didn't commit to it. I sucked anyway.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#2New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 16:32:33
@Cpat92 Said

Which sport do you think is better and why. Ironically I can't watch both sports without dosing off now. I don't want to sound stupid, but oh well. I enjoy the FIFA video games more than Madden. I tried learning soccer in high school, but didn't commit to it. I sucked anyway.

Well, I am about to make myself sound stupid. I have watched football a few times and I find the rules and what happens to very complicated and hard to understand so maybe I am dumb but I do get the rules and goings on of other sports though like baseball, hockey, basketball but for some reason, I find football hard to grasp.

As to soccer, its not on tv a lot here but when I have seen it, I do not get how the goals are so low. The net is huge and is only one person guarding it so wouldn't they get more goals in than say hockey. IDK. Maybe if I had an opportunity to see it more on tv, I would understand its concepts better. Its hard to understand something you hardly ever get to view.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 16:39:57
@DorkySupergirl Said

Well, I am about to make myself sound stupid. I have watched football a few times and I find the rules and what happens to very complicated and hard to understand so maybe I am dumb but I do get the rules and goings on of other sports though like baseball, hockey, basketball but for some reason, I find football hard to grasp.

As to soccer, its not on tv a lot here but when I have seen it, I do not get how the goals are so low. The net is huge and is only one person guarding it so wouldn't they get more goals in than say hockey. IDK. Maybe if I had an opportunity to see it more on tv, I would understand its concepts better. Its hard to understand something you hardly ever get to view.

Your not dumb when it comes to football. They just made more rules on top of rules and so many things that are unnecessary so it is confusing to some people. I don't understand like that anymore and I played the sport.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 17:28:10
Neither...Everyone knows the best sport in the world is clubbing.

lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#5New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 17:35:27
Real football, that's soccer. I'm a die hard Manchester United fan!
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#6New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 17:41:02
I enjoy American football more, but that doesn't mean I think one is "better" than the other, as it they are two completely different sports. It would be like comparing apples and oranges.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#7New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 17:43:12
@Leon Said

I enjoy American football more, but that doesn't mean I think one is "better" than the other, as it they are two completely different sports. It would be like comparing apples and oranges.

Apples > Oranges
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#8New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 17:43:28
@Cpat92 Said

Your not dumb when it comes to football. They just made more rules on top of rules and so many things that are unnecessary so it is confusing to some people. I don't understand like that anymore and I played the sport.

Okay, I am glad you are confused too so now I know its not just me.

I do find it funny that, if I am understanding correctly, you can do any dance you want after touchdown but just do not drop to one knee on the field as that is excessive celebration but doing the Funky Chicken across the field is just fine.

@Rehabilitation_Please Said

Neither...Everyone knows the best sport in the world is clubbing.

Hey now, you leave those baby seals alone!
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 18:31:05
@lilkatangel Said

Real football, that's soccer. I'm a die hard Manchester United fan!

I like watching Manchester United
galastaray On June 08, 2016
honey bucket

Deleted

Honey Bucket, Reunion
#10New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 18:40:24
I like football (not American).
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#11New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 19:28:48
Soccer seems more fun playing than watching.
Five_Tailed_Fox On June 16, 2012

Cottontown, Tennessee
#12New Post! May 21, 2012 @ 22:30:22
I've also always been confused at the rules of American football. Then again, I've never had anyone try to teach me. Then again, I've never had any interest in learning. Then again . . . you get the point.

I don't really care for either, but I usually don't like sports, period. I could maybe watch baseball. For a few minutes.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs