The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

So this kid gets shot dead under the "self defense" law....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#31New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 03:55:20
Ok, well the tape I was able to listen to the audio of the 911 operator asks George Zimmerman if he is following the kid. He answers yes. The operator tells him NOT to do that. Ok, if the kid retreated and was followed, then if he did have a gun, wouldn't he have been the one justified in using it. Being followed would make me fear for my life. I think it would MOST people. But Georgie Porgie followed this kid, so if his life was in danger, it was his own fault. How do you claim fear of someone who is running away from you?
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#32New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 03:59:10
@alk1975 Said

Ok, well the tape I was able to listen to the audio of the 911 operator asks George Zimmerman if he is following the kid. He answers yes. The operator tells him NOT to do that. Ok, if the kid retreated and was followed, then if he did have a gun, wouldn't he have been the one justified in using it. Being followed would make me fear for my life. I think it would MOST people. But Georgie Porgie followed this kid, so if his life was in danger, it was his own fault. How do you claim fear of someone who is running away from you?

Hey Alk what do you think of the Implicit association test?

Would this test work on this site?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#33New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 03:59:20
@chisa96 Said

It's not really that it's upsetting. It just feels so repetitive. It's just another crappy story for people to fight about.

/derail though. Debate on all you who are well-informed.

@alk1975 Said

May I ask, since you mention the 911 tape, did you hear like me and hear "f***ing c" on it. I heard it on Anderson Cooper last week and he said it might be offensive and to listen. I thought the "n" bomb was gonna be dropped but nope, I heard as plain as day for my ears, f***ing "c". I know some say they hear it and some say they do not hear it.

After it was played, Anderson said its alleged the slur was the f word and the c word then they played that part over and over with no background noise.

And I agree, if you are following someone they are not really a threat to you. I would not follow anyone I thought was a threat, I would run as fast as my short legs would allow.

Jackson, Missouri
#34New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:02:22
@DorkySupergirl Said

May I ask, since you mention the 911 tape, did you hear like me and hear "f***ing c" on it. I heard it on Anderson Cooper last week and he said it might be offensive and to listen. I thought the "n" bomb was gonna be dropped but nope, I heard as plain as day for my ears, f***ing "c". I know some say they hear it and some say they do not hear it.

After it was played, Anderson said its alleged the slur was the f word and the c word then they played that part over and over with no background noise.

And I agree, if you are following someone they are not really a threat to you. I would not follow anyone I thought was a threat, I would run as fast as my short legs would allow.

I did not hear the slur. It appears though that there are multiple tapes out there, and the one I was able to find was prior to the shooting when he was reporting a suspicious person in the neighborhood. I wasn't sure if that was the tape that supposedly had the slur on it or not.
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#35New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:05:26
I once saw a gangster who looked suspicious and was wondering around mine and other cars at our old apt lot, I called the cops. Once they arrived, they got out of their vehicles and followed him without him knowing, turns out he was going around stealing gas out of our cars, they then tackled him and arrested him.

Sometimes following someone suspicious is productive.

Jackson, Missouri
#36New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:06:30
@restoreone Said

Hey Alk what do you think of the Implicit association test?

Would this test work on this site?

The implicit association test is pretty cool. It's where you associate words like "good" and "bad" with pictures of people of different races. There are other forms as well, but the computer measures your response time and whether you choose good or bad words associated with different pictures and determines how much subconscious racist tendency you have. It is on it's own site, and I am sure you can link to it, but I'm not sure if you are asking about creating a copy of it within this website or what? Technology is really not my strong point.

As for the results of the test, I have gotten everything from no apparent preference in race to a slight preference to Caucasians. It is rare to find someone with "no preference" though. I'll go see if I can find a link.

Jackson, Missouri
#37New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:07:23
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I once saw a gangster who looked suspicious and was wondering around mine and other cars at our old apt lot, I called the cops. Once they arrived, they got out of their vehicles and followed him without him knowing, turns out he was going around stealing gas out of our cars, they then tackled him and arrested him.

Sometimes following someone suspicious is productive.

That should be left for the cops to do though. It's pretty stupid for joe schmoe to do it.

Jackson, Missouri
#38New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:07:41
and the kid knew he was being followed. He was running away.

, Ohio
#39New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:10:50
@alk1975 Said

The implicit association test is pretty cool. It's where you associate words like "good" and "bad" with pictures of people of different races. There are other forms as well, but the computer measures your response time and whether you choose good or bad words associated with different pictures and determines how much subconscious racist tendency you have. It is on it's own site, and I am sure you can link to it, but I'm not sure if you are asking about creating a copy of it within this website or what? Technology is really not my strong point.

As for the results of the test, I have gotten everything from no apparent preference in race to a slight preference to Caucasians. It is rare to find someone with "no preference" though. I'll go see if I can find a link.

I was going to use the one from Harvard I just thought it would maybe make people think about it a little more. I tried to post it but for some reason it would not let me.

I also wanted to know your thoughts because I know you are kind a in this field.

Jackson, Missouri
#40New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:12:46
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#41New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:14:55
@alk1975 Said

That should be left for the cops to do though. It's pretty stupid for joe schmoe to do it.

I agree, he was ignorant on that bit.

, Ohio
#42New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:16:16

thanks

Jackson, Missouri
#43New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:25:48
Seems I run the whole range of possibilities, depending on what day of the week it is.
Quote:
Your Result
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Dark Skin compared to Light Skin.
The interpretation is described as 'automatic preference for Light Skin' if you responded faster when Light Skin faces and Good words were classified with the same key than when Dark Skin faces and Good words were classified with the same key. Depending on the magnitude of your result, your automatic preference may be described as 'slight', 'moderate', 'strong', or 'little to no preference'. Alternatively, you may have received feedback that 'there were too many errors to determine a result'.

Jackson, Missouri
#44New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 04:37:27
I forgot what we were talking about for a bit. Maybe I should have put the link to the test in a new thread, and let people post results there. I do have one other result to post.

Quote:
our Result Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Gay People and Straight People. The interpretation is described as 'automatic preference for Straight People' if you responded faster when Straight people and Good words were classified with the same key than when Gay people and Good words were classified with the same key. Depending on the magnitude of your result, your automatic preference may be described as 'slight', 'moderate', 'strong', or 'little to no preference'. Alternatively, you may have received feedback that 'there were too many errors to determine a result'.]our Result Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Gay People and Straight People. The interpretation is described as 'automatic preference for Straight People' if you responded faster when Straight people and Good words were classified with the same key than when Gay people and Good words were classified with the same key. Depending on the magnitude of your result, your automatic preference may be described as 'slight', 'moderate', 'strong', or 'little to no preference'. Alternatively, you may have received feedback that 'there were too many errors to determine a result'.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#45New Post! Mar 28, 2012 @ 05:06:51
I have a strong automatic preference for whites, and slight automatic preference for homosexuals. Hopefully that's not interpretted as I'm strongly racist and slightly heterophobic.

I do tend to to be more physically attracted to caucasians I guess.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs