The Forum Site - Join the conversation
You don't always shop on Amazon, but when you do using this link you're helping to support TFS!
Forums:
Politics

So What Now?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#46New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 17:00:53
@Leon Said

The House can just subpoena the report or Mueller himself and open up hearings to get the details.

Anything Trump and the new AG does are akin to playing Whack A Mole at this point.



You could be right.
Cpat92 On December 12, 2018
Why So Serious??





Lauderhill, Florida
#47New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 18:19:27
@Leon Said

The same could be said of anyone who refuses to investigate a trail of evidence of criminal activity because they want the status quo to remain.

What is there to lose if this is investigated?

If people are guilty of crime, it gets these criminals indicted and curtails their ability to continue.

If Trump is innocent, this will prove it to the American people and we can all move past it and Trump can do his job of being President.

If Trump is guilty, the American voters deserve to know.

I fail to see any motive here not to investigate.

The only motive, therefore, is political.


There is no political motive for this. There can be much we at stake in doing certain things. If the voters “deserve” to know if our President is a part of criminal activity, then don’t the deserve to know about the ones shooting out these allegations? You can say what you want, but my views are that of the Secretary of Defense. Whether I share political views with the President, or the opposition doesn’t matter. Trump’s the President of the United States. I respect that. It’s sad that no one else does. It’s also sad that People are so quick to say investigations should be carried out. No one questioned the irony and coincidently all this information of Trump being apart of criminal activity arose.
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#48New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 18:49:11
@Cpat92 Said

. If the voters “deserve” to know if our President is a part of criminal activity, then don’t the deserve to know about the ones shooting out these allegations?



We do know and are learning about "the ones shooting out these allegations".

> 17 U.S. intelligence agencies gave some details, of course much of that is classified information so what the public gets is limited.

> Some of the FISA information on Page has been made public.

> The plea deal with Flynn provided some of the information.

> The 20+ indictments provide much of the information.

> The indictment of Manafort provided some of the information.

> Gates' plea provide some information some of the information.

> Papadopoulos' plea provided some of the information.


So "the ones shooting out these allegations" include 17 US Intel agencies, Flynn, Manafort, Gates, Papodopoulos. Others will come to light at the investigation continues and eventually closes.

It is true that not all the facts have been provide, but the investigation is on going. Some things remain sealed or not openly discussed at this time.

However, much of the information has been made public already.

So far nothing has been made public about Trump. There are two possible reasons for this: 1) there is nothing, 2) there is something, but the investigation is not complete.

Again... FIVE CONVICTIONS and over 20 indictments....

Note: (And correct me if I'm wrong) There is not a single democratic politician that has provided testimony in any of the trials, convictions , pleas or indictments. And the investigation is being run by a decorated Viet Nam war veteran, who is U.S. Marine and registered Republican. His boss is a registered Republican. His bosses boss is a registered Republican.

So, why don't you want to get to the bottom of this already successful investigation?
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#49New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 19:20:55
@Cpat92 Said

my views are that of the Secretary of Defense.



Note: The Secretary of Defense believes that there was Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

“We all saw what happened in 2016 when the Russians, and possibly others, but the Russians for certain tried to do both influence operations and actually get in and corrupt some of the election process,” Mattis told reporters
Deal_With_It On November 22, 2018




Stevens Pass, Washington
#50New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 20:01:37
@chaski Said


“We all saw what happened in 2016 when the Russians, and possibly others, but the Russians for certain tried to do both influence operations and actually get in and corrupt some of the election process,” Mattis told reporters


Chaski, I've heard that over and over again. My question is exactly: what did they do? Did they finance tv, radio, newspaper or online advertising giving praise to their chosen politician? Spread negative press on politicians they didn't want in office?
It's all the negitivity that's so very tiring. I fully understand cpat's opinion.
Leon On about 8 hours ago




San Diego, California
#51New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 20:04:01
@Cpat92 Said

There is no political motive for this. There can be much we at stake in doing certain things. If the voters “deserve” to know if our President is a part of criminal activity, then don’t the deserve to know about the ones shooting out these allegations? You can say what you want, but my views are that of the Secretary of Defense. Whether I share political views with the President, or the opposition doesn’t matter. Trump’s the President of the United States. I respect that. It’s sad that no one else does. It’s also sad that People are so quick to say investigations should be carried out. No one questioned the irony and coincidently all this information of Trump being apart of criminal activity arose.


The investigations are not just about Trump. It’s about Russian involvement in our election process as well as Russian influence, both past and present, on our President’s finances.

Why are you against resolving illegal Russian influence and convicting those responsible?

And why are you against clearing Trump’s name as the beneficiary of such activity?
Leon On about 8 hours ago




San Diego, California
#52New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 20:18:43
Investigations of this magnitude usually take a very long time, if they are to be done properly and thorough. These types of things usually take years. In fact, experts in law enforcement have remarked how surprisingly fast Mueller’s has been in terms of resulting indictments.

If you’re tired of waiting or tired of hearing about it, then you can certainly spend your time on other things of interest. But the those running the investigations certainly are not going to stop or give a half-assed half-finished job simple because you are.
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#53New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 20:51:55
@Deal_With_It Said

Chaski, I've heard that over and over again. My question is exactly: what did they do?


What did Russia do?

Well what has been shared with the public thus far includes:

> hacking and/or attempting to hack into various state voting systems (primarily data systems as most if not all voting machines are not actually connected to the internet).

> flooding social media with fake and misleading stories/memes (for and against both political parties) in an attempt to either sway the vote or confuse the U.S. electorate.

What did some of Trump's friends, staff, campaign team, and members of his administration (think Flynn) do?

This ranges from:

> illegally negotiating with Russian officials... (Flynn and others)
> to bank fraud (Manafort, Gates and others)
> to tax evasion (Manafort, Gates and others)
> to money laundering (Manafort, Gates, Cohen and others)
> to working as "agent of a foreign power" (Page, Manafort, possibly Flynn)
> to espionage (not proven... but think Page)
> to lying under oath to FBI (these would what is legally known as "material" lies that directly impact an investigation... Flynn)
> to lying under oath before congress (IMO...Sessions)
> Campaign finance fraud (Cohen and others)
> Violations of the Federal Election Campaign Act (possibly Trump Jr & Kushner)
> to.. etc...

All this and more has been in the news (both conservative and liberal outlets), and much of it is publicly available government/court records (i.e. indictments, plea deals, court testimony, etc.)
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#54New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 21:11:24
@Deal_With_It Said

My question is exactly: what did they do? .



Notes on my last post:

1. We know that some of the things I listed happened because the five people convicted so far have admitted to some of it.

2. We can guess that some of it happened because of indictments and convictions.

3. Some of it is, presently, supposition... allegations that are not yet proven.

Thus "we" need an investigation to determine how much of it happened and how much did not; i.e. the who, what, when, where, why and how of the situation.

Whether or not Trump is involved may or many not be resolved.
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#55New Post! Nov 09, 2018 @ 23:12:07
Example: Re Cohen...

"The 22-page document prosecutors ultimately filed against Cohen alleged that he coordinated with one or more members of the Trump campaign. In court, Cohen admitted that "in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office," he kept information that would have harmed Trump from becoming public during the 2016 election cycle....

This is point to potential criminal violations including campaign finance laws.

It is NOT about the affairs... it IS about an alleged attempt to cover up the affairs, POSSIBLY with campaign funds.

So... is it a waste of time to investigate this allegation?

Do we want to catch and convict people for committing criminal violations of our campaign finance laws?

What if the person who violated the campaign finance laws is the president?

Do we want our presidential candidates to obey the law or can they violate the law?

How would we know if there was not investigation?
Cpat92 On December 12, 2018
Why So Serious??





Lauderhill, Florida
#56New Post! Nov 11, 2018 @ 02:38:04
@Leon Said

The investigations are not just about Trump. It’s about Russian involvement in our election process as well as Russian influence, both past and present, on our President’s finances.

Why are you against resolving illegal Russian influence and convicting those responsible?

And why are you against clearing Trump’s name as the beneficiary of such activity?



I’m against everyone who is against our President. No matter who is the POTUS.
gakINGKONG 12 minutes ago




Lutz, Florida
#57New Post! Nov 11, 2018 @ 03:21:38
@Cpat92 Said

I’m against everyone who is against our President. No matter who is the POTUS.



🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

rifle: salute
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#58New Post! Nov 11, 2018 @ 04:09:34
@Cpat92 Said

I’m against everyone who is against our President. No matter who is the POTUS.



So you would support Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Saddam, Putin, Hillary...

Any person, no matter how bad or evil... as long as they are the president?
Cpat92 On December 12, 2018
Why So Serious??





Lauderhill, Florida
#59New Post! Nov 12, 2018 @ 15:10:53
@chaski Said

So you would support Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Castro, Saddam, Putin, Hillary...

Any person, no matter how bad or evil... as long as they are the president?



If your argument would easily turn to adding individuals who are dead, then you don’t have a real argument.

As for Hillary, even though I don’t feel she is fit to be President (voted for her anyway) I would accept the fact that she’s the president and support it until her term is over. Doesn’t mean I have to like everything she does, or all the policies. Same goes with Trump.
chaski On about 4 hours ago
Stalker





Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#60New Post! Nov 12, 2018 @ 15:17:50
@Cpat92 Said

If your argument would easily turn to adding individuals who are dead, then you don’t have a real argument.



Alright, I will change my question:

Would support a president who is a criminal, a mass murderer, who establishes death squads do kill opponents, and/or rounds up minorities and sent them to prison camps?

Any person, no matter how bad or evil... as long as they are the president?

You said, "I’m against everyone who is against our President. No matter who is the POTUS , so I guess you answered the question already. Yes, you would support a president who is a criminal, a mass murderer, who establishes death squads do kill opponents, and/or rounds up minorities and sent them to prison camps?

No problem, we all make our choices.

Note: There is a big difference between supporting your president and supporting members of his staff and/or are friends of his who are turning out to be criminals. Again... to date five (5) convictions and 22 indictments. We absolutely know crimes occurred. You don't have to want to know what happened, but as a citizen of the USA I do.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

      
Subscribe to topic prefs

Similar Topics
    Forum Topic Last Post Replies Views
New posts   Random
about 4 hours ago
7895 172862
New posts   Forum Games
Mon Dec 03, 2018 @ 17:03
8318 281832
New posts   Forum Games
Mon Nov 05, 2018 @ 03:49
9219 339445
New posts   Forum Games
Thu Feb 08, 2018 @ 02:45
7056 256860
New posts   Movies
Mon Oct 29, 2018 @ 17:38
9143 380287