Exactly. There should be an investigation to at least get to the bottom of it all and out whether or not Trump is involved. If he is innocent, great. If not, at least the voters deserve to know.
We also need to get to the bottom of Russian meddling anyways (whether or not Trump was involved) and, more importantly, DO something about it.
I'm pretty sure I've posted my thoughts on this, but will do so again... now...
1. I, Chaski, honestly do not think that this investigation will find that Trump did anything wrong.
2. I do believe that there are other people in his administration who committed crimes and will get convicted.
3. At this point talk of impeachment is premature.
4. Even if impeached, I do not believe that Trump will be removed from office.
5. There is a distant chance that the results could hurt Trump's run for re-election.
At the end of the investigation Trump will be shouting (or tweeting) I TOLD YOU IT WAS A WITCH HUNT
. In spite of all the convictions, Trump will ultimately get the last laugh
None the less numerous people have turned out to be criminals... thus the 5 guilty pleas (i.e. convictions).