The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

So I went on my "best friend's" myspace page just now...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#1New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 12:10:02
Apparently she's getting married today and is three months pregnant with her first child. You would think she would have called me...
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 12:14:38
ouch maybe she is bulls***ting?

Miami, Florida
#3New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 12:16:11
@treebee Said

ouch maybe she is bulls***ting?

nah. she has pictures of the ring and people congratulating her left and right. it looks like the whole world already knew. can't believe i had to find out through myspace...
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#4New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 12:27:33
Sounds like she isn't the friend you thought she was.
rockflower On June 18, 2010

on the highway to hell,going d
#5New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 12:32:56
I would not call her a friend let alone "best friend"

Miami, Florida
#6New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 12:34:00
@familygirl Said

Sounds like she isn't the friend you thought she was.

yeah. came as a bit of a shock. but i should have known months ago.. we never really had much in common. and she never takes my calls or returns my messages anymore. but i'm still on her top friends list. i don't understand the myspace world, but maybe she hasn't had time to change it. whatever, that's not important anyways. and i shouldn't care. if she doesn't want to be in my life then fine. but still... it twinges a bit, you know?
familygirl On September 30, 2009

Angleton,
#7New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 12:51:35
@rubylights Said

yeah. came as a bit of a shock. but i should have known months ago.. we never really had much in common. and she never takes my calls or returns my messages anymore. but i'm still on her top friends list. i don't understand the myspace world, but maybe she hasn't had time to change it. whatever, that's not important anyways. and i shouldn't care. if she doesn't want to be in my life then fine. but still... it twinges a bit, you know?

Yeah I know it kind of burns a little. Blow her off and don't even let her know your bothered. You will find better friends that will appreciate you. She isn't worth your trouble.

Miami, Florida
#8New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 12:56:43
@familygirl Said

Yeah I know it kind of burns a little. Blow her off and don't even let her know your bothered. You will find better friends that will appreciate you. She isn't worth your trouble.

i know. thanks.
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#9New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 13:38:50
@rubylights Said

i know. thanks.

I was listening to the radio a few weeks back and there was a segment on about how people find out important things from their so called friends on myspace/facebook.

If I had a friend that dodged my calls and never returned messages, they wouldn't be such a good friend anymore. So me finding out anything important about their life through such an impersonal site wouldn't be a big deal.

Miami, Florida
#10New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 14:13:35
@MlissaBeth Said

I was listening to the radio a few weeks back and there was a segment on about how people find out important things from their so called friends on myspace/facebook.

If I had a friend that dodged my calls and never returned messages, they wouldn't be such a good friend anymore. So me finding out anything important about their life through such an impersonal site wouldn't be a big deal.

I would think the same if I wasn't in the situation. But it's different looking from the outside in...
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#11New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 14:15:26
@rubylights Said

I would think the same if I wasn't in the situation. But it's different looking from the outside in...

'scuse me! Aren't you going to be late?
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#12New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 14:24:01
@rubylights Said

No, not really. I understand you're upset because apparently you've tried to keep in touch with her, but to no avail.

But really, if someone you're "friends" with does not call/message/return calls, and you find out they're getting married and pregnant through a networking site, I wouldn't let it phase me.
Clearly you weren't important enough to her to be notified ahead of time.

I don't mean to sound harsh. But I find it ridiculous when people believe they're 'best friends' with someone who does not talk to them and makes no effort to respond back to them.

That is, unless you have that kind of friendship.

Miami, Florida
#13New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 14:28:13
@Saegespaene Said

'scuse me! Aren't you going to be late?

thanks for the encouragement, but I can't go, hun. there's no one to pay for it.

Miami, Florida
#14New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 14:31:21
@MlissaBeth Said

No, not really. I understand you're upset because apparently you've tried to keep in touch with her, but to no avail.

But really, if someone you're "friends" with does not call/message/return calls, and you find out they're getting married and pregnant through a networking site, I wouldn't let it phase me.
Clearly you weren't important enough to her to be notified ahead of time.

I don't mean to sound harsh. But I find it ridiculous when people believe they're 'best friends' with someone who does not talk to them and makes no effort to respond back to them.

That is, unless you have that kind of friendship.

Like I said, it's different when you're looking from the outside in. Again, I would feel the same way if I weren't in the situation, but I am, so it's different. Tbh, I got over it already. That was like two hours ago, so after the shock wore off, I sent her a voice mail, and congratulated her on all that was going on. I'm totally over it. The voice mail served as closure for me, so I'm better now.
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#15New Post! Jul 28, 2009 @ 14:37:48
@rubylights Said

Like I said, it's different when you're looking from the outside in. Again, I would feel the same way if I weren't in the situation, but I am, so it's different. Tbh, I got over it already. That was like two hours ago, so after the shock wore off, I sent her a voice mail, and congratulated her on all that was going on. I'm totally over it. The voice mail served as closure for me, so I'm better now.

Well that's good that you're over it. But so you know, I'm not 'looking from the outside in.' I've been in that situation. You shouldn't assume I haven't.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs