The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

So DO you think it matters? Job? Education?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sombrechild_25 On July 15, 2009

Brevard, North Carolina
#1New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 18:21:13
Here's an analogy for you...

So somebody offers to give you a million dollars. And they offer you 4 options upon the offer.

1. You can recieve it in straight, bundled, $1 bills.

2. You can recieve it in a big sack of $5's.

3. You can recieve it in tattered and torn $100's.

4. You can say no to the offer.

So... which would you choose?
Remember... this is an analogy, your response is relative to the original question.

Here's how I see it...

1. He loves you no matter what... day in and day out. He has a job, he's smart, and he works hard, but he only gets payed monthly and doesn't get a whole lot at a time...

2. He loves you, but you rarely see each other. He get's payed a little more frequently, but he works a crappy job because he can't get a better one. He dropped out of high-school to be with you.

3. He is very educated and has several degrees, and he loves you. He has a damn good job. He hardly has to work at all and you have lots of time together... but he only gets an annual salary. The check is huge and you're covered for months when he gets payed... but the rest of the year it comes down to you working your a** off to provide for the both of you...

4. He does what he likes. You don't like the same thing. He doesn't have the education to get a better paying job. But he loves you... That isn't good enough, so you leave him. And you are lonely... and nobody can love you like he did.

MY CHOICE: Any one but 4. I would rather have a lazy idiot than none. After all... wouldn't I be a lazy idiot to let him go because I was too judgemental to give time a chance and see where it takes us? The way I see it, to be loved (in spite of ANYTHING else) is what makes me a millionaire.

My fiance can do whatever he wants... and be whatever he wants. I know he is intelligent. And even if he was broke and dumb as a box of rocks that wouldn't matter to me. He is my everything, he owns my heart, and I accept him 100%.
imhotep On November 18, 2009

St Dogmaels, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 18:25:06
WTF are you on? I chose 3 and then I'd deposit it in a bank.
Though I dont see the point. As for what he's like are you presuming I'm some sort of prostitute. how did you guess?
sombrechild_25 On July 15, 2009

Brevard, North Carolina
#3New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 18:31:57
@imhotep Said

WTF are you on? I chose 3 and then I'd deposit it in a bank.
Though I dont see the point. As for what he's like are you presuming I'm some sort of prostitute. how did you guess?

I just got a little annoyed reading some repsonses on a previous thread... woman are all over the world it seems with unrealistic expectations... More likely than not, the only place you're gonna find the super intelligent, well-payed, lover, who wants to shack up with you and likes pretty much the same things as you is in your dreams or on some ebay scam ad. I choose to be happy with the man I have... no matter what. Why ruin the chance of happiness in this day and age by throwing love away for nothing...
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#4New Post! Jan 10, 2009 @ 19:23:52
thats assuming you have a great deal of choice over who you love.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs