Forums: Random:
Rants & Raves

Small Print Etc

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#1New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 02:47:11
One of my pet hates is small print on commercials (there are others also) There are advert's on tv for furniture, flooring, drugs, lawyers to name some. If you watch the small print it typically states that there is a minimum purchase of typically between $1500-$2000 depending on the items. Surely that should be made much clearer so people do not get taken in under false pretenses? The drug companies list typically lots of side effects which could make things worse than the condition that its supposed to help. Then it says "tell your doctor if you have any of these conditions...........! Well if he is your doctor why does he not know what is wrong with you & what meds you are already taking??? Now the lawyers. They want to take legal action for just about anything, but typically when u see the adds they are actor portrayals that in some cases have led to death (but u only see that if you read the small print. No amount of money will bring them back. Further more in one add in particular they have some "lawyers' in a "call center" & ask you to call for advice but if you look you will see no wires going to any of those telephones. Many of those supposed averts featuring "accidents" are hardly convincing as accidents. Its also in the small print that the amounts shown that are won by the lawyers are before there costs are taken out, all of which is very misleading!! I hardly find this a very "honest" practice. they need to put there houses in order before taking moral high ground!!
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 03:21:35
in the 70's, or the late 60's, this when it started when tv banned cigarette and cigar commercials from tv.

in 70's, when you see small warnings labels on one side of the cigarette and cigar packages. this was more attack against tobacco companies, because big business really doesn't care about the little people. just the profits and the money.

the idea is two ways to business. so we put a warning label or clause that will probably screw us in long run. it is by law.

now, we ( the big companies ) were told that we have to it in a certain way. nobody told how noticeable the label or the small print has to be. how wordy it has to said.

otherwise, the big companies are said to the public:

GOTCHA!

#3New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 05:51:10
its real sad when there is the need to put all that there in such small print. It hardly encourages to have faith & trust in the business! When u look at cigarette health warnings they are kind of a joke!! You would have to be completely ignorant to not know what they can do to the body & if that bothered anyone I would have thought they would stop. If I remember correctly Australia does not sugar coat adds for smoking & drink driving. There adds are pretty graphic! Its each to there own I know BUT I have lost relatives pretty young from it as well as seen people who are in so much pain from cancer that the strongest drugs have no impact on the pain.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 13:26:52
I love it when they say "Do Not Use Realphuxya if you are allergic to it or any of it's ingredients"
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#5New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 18:57:39
@mrmhead Said

I love it when they say "Do Not Use Realphuxya if you are allergic to it or any of it's ingredients"

...and when they say, "Tell your doctor if you are being treated for any of the following conditions". Shouldn't my doctor already know what she it treating me for?

#6New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 19:01:51
At a local market there are these non-name brand crackers for sale. There are two choices; regular and 'half-the-fat'. Both boxes nutritional information is the same except the the low fat version's serving size is half of the regular serving size. Well Duh! Anyway I buy the low fat ones.

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 19:13:15
@Erimitus Said

...and when they say, "Tell your doctor if you are being treated for any of the following conditions". Shouldn't my doctor already know what she it treating me for?

Some people see multiple doctors for a number of issues. Yes, your primary Dr. should, but if you see a dermatologist for one thing, you may not necessarily discuss what your neurologist told you.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 20:20:43
I once saw an ad for a stop smoking aid. One of the side effects was "suicidal thoughts."

What an effective stop smoking aid!

#9New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 20:24:54
@mrmhead Said

Some people see multiple doctors for a number of issues. Yes, your primary Dr. should, but if you see a dermatologist for one thing, you may not necessarily discuss what your neurologist told you.

oh

#10New Post! Mar 05, 2018 @ 20:52:41
Reading these posts I remember that there is some drug that can increase your urge to gamble!!!! How does that work I wonder?
I do not know if its still the case but Special K was toted as a weight loss cereal BUT it has more fat in it than a box of corn flakes!!

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Mar 06, 2018 @ 01:50:50
@Erimitus Said

oh

I used to be as confounded by "Gummy Bear Adult Vitamins"
I mean - you're an adult! (Wo)man up and swallow!

.. then I thought about adults with various disabilities or conditions and figured, there's probably a real purpose there.

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Mar 06, 2018 @ 01:52:57
@Komentenmelodie Said

Reading these posts I remember that there is some drug that can increase your urge to gamble!!!! How does that work I wonder?
I do not know if its still the case but Special K was toted as a weight loss cereal BUT it has more fat in it than a box of corn flakes!!

Well, there's an app that'll get you addicted to the iPhone....
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#13New Post! Mar 06, 2018 @ 02:25:30
interesting that non-name products are compare to the same brand products. the idea is that non-name products helping brand-name products, because there is no different, either one.

it seen stupid that why would a company need a warning label on a package, that they should discontinuing the product. in the first place, because health reason and common sense. these warning labels give the companies more incentive to product more of the product.

like more people or some people encourage them, to break the law. to ignore the warning labels, but of course, buy the product and be wicked.

it is a double standard. it is a " catch 22 ".

#14New Post! Mar 06, 2018 @ 02:58:14
@mrmhead Said

.. then I thought about adults with various disabilities or conditions and figured, there's probably a real purpose there.

I would like to get some of those Gummy Bears laced with marijuana. (for medicinal purposes only of course) I made an appointment with a local doctor who has a licence to prescribe such things. It seems that other people also need this medication in that there is a six month wait for an appointment.

When (yes when not if) ...when I get the prescription my health insurance will pay for it.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#15New Post! Mar 06, 2018 @ 04:55:52
@mrmhead Said

generally I don't have a problem swallowing....

however, after taking about a dozen other pills, variety is nice. And gummies or chewables I can take without water, which is convenient. Also, they are gummies, I enjoy a little sweet pleasure before my swallow.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs